03-03-15 08:36 PM
84 ... 234
tools
    I have an Iphone, provided by my company. When they switched from Blackberry, I went out and got a Q10 as my personal phone. It is so, so much better than my 5s for getting stuff done, I end up using it for company use. But I digress. As a Q10 user, I am disappointed that the Classic is not an improvement on specs. Blackberry provided an upgrade in the Classic, but only for BB7 users. I'm on a 2 year old phone. Where's my upgrade? I guess it's the passport, which I think is cool, but I just don't want a phone that big. So I hope Blackberry comes out with this:
    An upgraded Q10 like this:
    - Same size, same keyboard as the Classic.
    - Forget the toolbelt.
    - With the extra space available by dropping the toolbelt, give me a bigger screen!
    - A touch sensitive keyboard, like the passport. Why would you need a toolbelt when you could have this!
    - A removable battery.

Now that's what I would call an innovative, upgrade for business users. We are smart people and can handle innovation. Come on Blackberry, the touch sensitive keyboard was an awesome innovation. Give it to us in a phone-sized phone.
    Swamp55 likes this.
    03-02-15 02:32 PM
    I would suggest that a bridge to a dummy tablet is an idea that has almost no merit and market. A larger Tablet version of the Passport might have a small market.

They need an all touch phone with a better screen, camera and processor just to be on the same page as the mid tier devices of the competition. Despite of what you may read here on CB, Enterprise users want a good all touch iPhone 6/ Galaxy alternative.

Posted via CB10
    So how do you explain Apple's ability to sell the iPhone6. The Specs are certainly not high end. As Bill Gates said, "in the end , it all comes down to software".

The primary reason people buy a tablet is for screen space. It makes things easier to do. Ergo, if you can design a tablet with software which properly interfaces with another device with resources, you have an ideal scenario where he two work synergistically with one another. No need to duplicate resources and thus one can be made cheaply. The problem with current tablet offerings is they interface poorly with other devices. There are in essence stand alone devices. One can't help view this as a mobile computing failure.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 07:44 PM
    So how do you explain Apple's ability to sell the iPhone6. The Specs are certainly not high end.
    Specs (in terms of CPU/GPU) on the iPhone 6 are the highest on the market proven by a variety of benchmarks and real world performance. The only people who refuse to acknowledge that iPhones have the best specs are fanboys willfully making bad comparisons like comparing a 1.4 ghz Cyclone core to a 2.5 ghz Krait core or the number of CPU cores on radically different processors.

Actual spec enthusiasts acknowledge this and even r/Android has come to terms with the fact that Apple has industry leading specs due to its innovative chip design. (Users of Mobile Nations tend to be less tech savvy.)

Why is Apple bleeding edge? Qualcomm, which pretty much has an SoC monopoly on non-Apple devices, have been off its game for two years now. First we had the Snapdragon 801 fiasco and now we have the 810 overheating/throttling fiasco.

Fortunately, Samsung has abandoned Snapdragon and the next generation of flagship Galaxy products will feature its homebrew Exynos SoC with a 14nm fabrication process so competition will heat up again. Speculators expect Apple to maintain its lead, however.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 03-02-15 at 08:32 PM.
    03-02-15 08:18 PM
    03-02-15 08:30 PM
    Why doesn't Blackberry make another larger version of the Torch with the slide out keyboard? I would prefer to have a physical keyboard but I don't want to sacrifice having a larger screen, I'd rather have both. If blackberry gave me the option of having both, I would probably switch from my iphone to blackberry. The passport looks too big and awkward for me so a phone like the torch with a slide out keyboard would be more ergonomic and you could use it with one hand easier.
    03-02-15 08:52 PM
    Why would there be a new Q10? Maybe a smaller Passport mini. Other than being slightly shorter than a Classic there would be no advantage to a Classic without a tool belt.

I doubt that there will be end of the line for the Classic. It is the one iconic phone that BlackBerry makes.

I do not understand why they can not sell a Porsche designed all touch at a iPhone price.
    Hmmm if you put Porsche's name on it a price it like a iphone no one would care. Not unique enough. They have an all touch Porsche P'9982. Go buy it.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 09:13 PM
    Apparently, in another thread, people demand that BlackBerry doesn't do anything but support older device so based on their thought, you should keep your q10 for another 8 yrs and BlackBerry should support it. Forget about a new upgrade after 3 yrs.

Let all use 8100 again.

I have an Iphone, provided by my company. When they switched from Blackberry, I went out and got a Q10 as my personal phone. It is so, so much better than my 5s for getting stuff done, I end up using it for company use. But I digress. As a Q10 user, I am disappointed that the Classic is not an improvement on specs. Blackberry provided an upgrade in the Classic, but only for BB7 users. I'm on a 2 year old phone. Where's my upgrade? I guess it's the passport, which I think is cool, but I just don't want a phone that big. So I hope Blackberry comes out with this:
    An upgraded Q10 like this:
    - Same size, same keyboard as the Classic.
    - Forget the toolbelt.
    - With the extra space available by dropping the toolbelt, give me a bigger screen!
    - A touch sensitive keyboard, like the passport. Why would you need a toolbelt when you could have this!
    - A removable battery.

Now that's what I would call an innovative, upgrade for business users. We are smart people and can handle innovation. Come on Blackberry, the touch sensitive keyboard was an awesome innovation. Give it to us in a phone-sized phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 09:18 PM
    Let's not forget, BBRY does not know how to market it's products unfortunately.

Posted by Q5
    .....and because of this, I doubt the Classic would have done any better than what it is doing now. Remember that was around the time of the full touch iPhone killing Z10. They were "all" supposed to be hot sellers. Unfortunately,the anticipated sales didn't happen.

Q10_OS >10.3.1.2267 / 2268 Radio (*_~)
    03-03-15 09:50 AM
    Bringing back The Torch with a beautiful full size screen with a slide out qwerty keyboard hidden underneath would be a device with mass appeal if you ask me. It didn't exactly save BlackBerry the first time though. I liked my Torch, but a refined exceptional device would be The Cat's ***!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 08:36 PM
84 ... 234