03-03-15 08:36 PM
84 1234
tools
    I World like to See a q10 with the Keyboard from Passport !
    What advantage would there be over the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 04:09 PM
    There are a few reasons why the Z10 and Q10 did not sell as well as they should. Apple had Carriers by the balls. Forcing them to push iPhone sales while neglecting BBRY.

Posted by Q5
    02-23-15 07:39 PM
    I World like to See a q10 with the Keyboard from Passport !
    The Q10 needs a larger screen. Though I am sure the Passport style keyboard may become the QWERTY standard. we will know soon enough.

Posted by Q5
    02-23-15 07:42 PM
    There are a few reasons why the Z10 and Q10 did not sell as well as they should. Apple had Carriers by the balls. Forcing them to push iPhone sales while neglecting BBRY.

Posted by Q5
    The initial 10.0 OS was a mess, and 10.1 while stable, wasn't great. Combine that with a BES10 that wasn't up to snuff in features, and you have a recipe for failure that is all on BlackBerry, not Apple. Apple's minimum purchasing contracts do cause the carriers to push Apple over other devices in many instances, but there were many Z10 returns early on because of the issues above and poor battery.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    02-23-15 08:29 PM
    The initial 10.0 OS was a mess, and 10.1 while stable, wasn't great. Combine that with a BES10 that wasn't up to snuff in features, and you have a recipe for failure that is all on BlackBerry, not Apple. Apple's minimum purchasing contracts do cause the carriers to push Apple over other devices in many instances, but there were many Z10 returns early on because of the issues above and poor battery.

Posted via CB10
    Totally correct. We can see now that it is only now after February 19th, 2015 that the Z10 battery has been seemingly been resolved. The Canadian carriers gave the new platform a good initial push but the phones and OS were not ready for prime time.
    02-23-15 08:53 PM
    What advantage would there be over the Classic?

Posted via CB10
    My contract ends in two month and I'm loving my q10. But I will get a new phone so I don't know wich i should choose. The Classic has the same Specs like q10 , Passport to big for me.
    02-24-15 02:32 AM
    What I think BlackBerry needs right now is-
    1) A full touch high end flagship phone
    2) A high end Q10 successor

At the end of the year -
    3) A high end Classic successor with specs that can compete with the line of phones currently on the market at that time with a removable battery.
    4) A high end Passport successor

And in between release 1 or 2 low and mid ranged all touch and touch/qwerty devices.

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Q10
    Markus Mohr likes this.
    02-24-15 02:50 AM
    They're bringing back a recycled Z3, how nice of them.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 03:00 AM

At the end of the year -
    3) A high end Classic successor with specs that can compete with the line of phones currently on the market at that time with a removable battery.

And in between release 1 or 2 low and mid ranged all touch and touch/qwerty devices.

So you asking for 5 new devices? I think we will be lucky if we get 3 honestly.

"Rio" + "Visa" + "Victoria" and early next year a full touch Flagship.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2243
    02-24-15 05:36 AM
    Now that I have experienced how good my Z10 is performing under 10.3.1, I am much more favourably disposed to the Rio. My big thing is the screen quality. I was never disappointed with the Z10 in that regard.

My favourite device would be the same size as a Z10 but with smaller bezels.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 09:28 AM
    My contract ends in two month and I'm loving my q10. But I will get a new phone so I don't know wich i should choose. The Classic has the same Specs like q10 , Passport to big for me.
    I would keep on with the Q10 and shop around for a new plan while saving to buy an unlocked phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 09:32 AM
    You can be sure that John Chen is actively paring down the number of devices going forward. It would be a mistake to assume that each device has a successor.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    02-24-15 10:09 AM
    There is a BlackBerry Torch like but larger slider coming out.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 01:13 PM
    You can be sure that John Chen is actively paring down the number of devices going forward. It would be a mistake to assume that each device has a successor.
    It would be a mistake to assume anything at this point...
    02-24-15 01:17 PM
    Stick to the Q10 for now and see what John Chen announces in early March. Though despite the Classic's specs, the screen size is larger than the Q10. That alone is somewhat worth the upgrade. Though I admit they went cheap on the Classic Spec's.
    02-24-15 07:29 PM
    Stick to the Q10 for now and see what John Chen announces in early March. Though despite the Classic's specs, the screen size is larger than the Q10. That alone is somewhat worth the upgrade. Though I admit they went cheap on the Classic Spec's.
    Too bad the devices price doesn't reflect those cheap specs. The Leap is going to have the same internals and they can't charge more than $200 for it IMHO. $300 should have been the Classic's price. But they love to extort the fans at launch.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    02-24-15 08:52 PM
    BlackBerry is in no position to be making 5-6 phones. With that said I highly doubt we ever see another Z10 size phone or a PKB phone like the Q10 without the tool belt. On a go forward basis we will most likely see a budget qwerty (Classic) and a budget touch (Leap) for enterprise users. And for prosumers we will see the Passport, and Visa/Victoria. Both hybrid type phones meant to grab attention. For the folks like me waiting for a pure all touch (Z50) I would be shocked if we ever saw it. The Visa/Victoria is the closest thing we will get as BB will probably give folks the option to use a VKB on the phone instead of the retractable PKB.
    02-24-15 10:17 PM
    I would like to see a phone that I can use as keyboard mouse and monitor for a server. I would also like to see an Ir unit next to the camera on the back, could be used as universal remote and for night vision photos.

10.3.1 Still kills the Pepple batteries
    02-24-15 10:31 PM
    the slider is a waste of time, there isn't a huge demand for it

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:51 AM

At the end of the year -

That is a crazy amount of devices you are asking for and there is no way that you will see them.

People might not like to hear it but the Classic is the successor to the q10 as far as form factor, if you want PKB and higher specs then their only offering in the foreseeable future will be the passport.

As far as all-touch there simply isn't enough of a market from people upgrading from z10/z30 or moving from ios/android to make a high-end model cost effective to produce. Once Rio turns up, they will simplify their range drastically by phasing out z10, z30, q5 and q10 leaving them just the following as their BB10 lineup:

High-End - Passport
    Low to Mid - Classic and Rio (and z3 in some countries)

Unless they do something different such as an android passport to coincide with this android for work stuff, I do not expect any new phones from them for maybe 6 months as the three above will be ideal to cover enterprise needs.
    02-26-15 11:46 AM
    the slider is a waste of time, there isn't a huge demand for it
    They do have to keep trying to do something different at the higher end though like they did with passport to attract the attention of potential converts from android/ios, just another all-touch isn't going to be enough to do that.
    02-26-15 11:50 AM
    They do have to keep trying to do something different at the higher end though like they did with passport to attract the attention of potential converts from android/ios, just another all-touch isn't going to be enough to do that.
    Perhaps but only if for some people the resulting physical keyboard is much better than the virtual keyboard that they are used to. If it is barely better, just as good or not as good, then the device would be a non starter. The keyboard also includes the ergonomics. It might be good but the keyboard and phone weight are skewed to the bottom. This is why I would prefer a traditional BlackBerry slider if I was interested. Frankly, I do not see a market for much else than all touch. For BlackBerry, they need to reduce the reasons why not to buy rather than to try to reinvent the wheel.
    02-26-15 01:32 PM
    I think the passport is a evolved slider. it wouldn't make any sense to have a slider.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 08:56 AM
    John Chen is pretty good of keeping BlackBerry concept under the wrap this time, no leak at all. Normally, they have leaked out already. Well, we will find out tomorrow when Blackberry unwrap the whole things.

Since BlackBerry has released two physical keyboard already, I think this time they will reveal all tough or may be slider.
    jds97w likes this.
    03-02-15 01:47 PM
    Well they have let the one device get leaked. The "Leap" but honestly I don't think BlackBerry was trying to keep that a secret. It's not exactly anything special.

Super keen to see what they release tomorrow :d

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2243
    03-02-15 01:58 PM
84 1234