03-03-15 09:36 PM
84 123 ...
tools
    Hi Everybody,

Like all you guys and girls I'm a BlackBerry fan in heart and soul and I would like to know you thoughts on the following being my thoughts on how BlackBerry should go from here or where I hope they are heading:

I really got to love my BlackBerry Z10 and I know that other people love the Z10 as well. Others love their Z30 with the bigger screen. I think that BlackBerry has to come out with two follow ups for these two devices. A new Z10 for the people who love a smaller phone Z30 for the lover of big Phone. These should have a better battery live, faster better chips and damn good camera. They should be a bit thinner / skinny as well.

Furthermore two new tablets a small and a big size like other companies has on the market today.

The Passport is awesome in my eyes. It's just not a phone for me. I thing there is a lot of BlackBerry fans out their that love this phone. However I must say that I love the looks of the AT&T version a lot better. I thing the size is great and that BlackBerry should bring out a all touch version of this phone which could be even more awesome.

The Classic: What can I say? Love the looks however I think it missed it purpose. Today I know only one person who uses a BlackBerry except from me. He addicted to physical keyboard. He's just went from the Q10 to the Classic. I had a look at it as I want to buy a physical keyboard device for my dad. I was disappointed with it. I think it would be a greater/better device without the toolbelt. Without the toolbelt it would have a even bigger screen.

Software wise I think BlackBerry is doing good and getting even better. I would love to see the apps on the home screen turn 90 degrees when holding in Landscape or maybe this could a option to turn on or off in the settings.

QNX: keeping going!. Hope to see a lot off BlackBerry software back in other devices and cars which can help BlackBerry with a (its) comeback.

Apps wise: BlackBerry should land a couple more big named apps. For some people Apps is a must. And to be honest I don't use that many apps but would love to have more apps of choise. I carry a small/slim sized wallet as I wear good looking clothing and don't like bulky things hence my Z10. I woud love the Fidall to make an update for BlackBerry so I don't have to carry customer cards around in my wallet. They just made huge updates for Windows/iphone/Android and left BlackBerry in the dark. I wrote them a e-mail asking for when they will make a update for BlackBerry. Reply: None for now as they will wait and see how BlackBerry will develope in the future. I know enough for now!

Please let me know what your thoughts are on my idea of what BlackBerry should have in store soon. Please let me know if anybody know if there if new great phones/tablet on the way as well. I know Chen mentioned something about new devices. However when will they arrive?

Love to hear form you guys and girls.
    nt300 and Newton Lim like this.
    02-13-15 05:36 PM
    Chen said no more leaks and all information on what devices they are working on stopped (which is good).

I think they will have a top, mid and low end line for 2015, with the top line being both qwerty/touch and full touch.

Let's see if I am wrong.
    02-13-15 05:42 PM
    Rio will be next, and then may something later on in the year.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30
    02-13-15 05:52 PM
    I hope they really have something big coming. I don't where you are from but here on the in western europe except for the uk. I only know one guy except me using a BlackBerry. I travel a lot and haven't seen anybody yet in Netherlands/Denmark/Malta/Germany/Belgium/Latvia using a BlackBerry nowadays. It's all Iphone/Android/ and for people looking for a cheap phone go for the chinees brands like Huawei. How will BlackBerry get Back in the game overhere. I don't see it happen easily.
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    02-13-15 05:56 PM
    Rio will be next, and then may something later on in the year.
    Supposed to be a low end device for "selected" countries. A Z3 replacement.

But don't go the "it will be next" route. Z5, Kopi... Plenty of BB10 devices got the shaft and never hit the market.
    02-13-15 05:57 PM
    You don't need plenty phone on the market. Take apple for as an example. 3 touch devices (Z10&Z30) in a new jacket and with great hardware and camera and full touch passport.

3 qwerty devices. The passport and a small and bigger qwerty device.
    02-13-15 06:59 PM
    You owe me a quarter

Z10
    02-13-15 07:03 PM
    true
    02-13-15 07:04 PM
    It must be tough for BlackBerry to keep making devices in a profitable way. Apple only has to engineer 2-3 devices moving forward. BlackBerry has to make 3 full touch and 3 physical keyboard:

Z3 type, size doesn't matter so much, just price
    Z10-size full touch
    Z30-size full touch
    Q5 type, needs to be cheap physical keyboard
    Q10/Classic
    Passport

BlackBerry needs to keep making physical keyboards because that's a niche they actually have to themselves. They know they can make /some/ money with it, so they can't abandon it.

BlackBerry needs to make full touch because some people will abandon BlackBerry if only physical keyboards are produced.

The Z10 and Z30 can't be consolidated into one unit because some folks prefer smaller and some bigger. People are pretty polar on this, willing to leave BlackBerry over.

The Classic users want the Bold again, and there's a dependence on them to upgrade to stay afloat.

The Passport is the way forward with physical keyboards so it needs to stay to keep the cutting edge.

It's a tough position to be in.
    syclone1978 likes this.
    02-13-15 07:35 PM
    The Classic users want the Bold again, and there's a dependence on them to upgrade to stay afloat.

I agree with you on the bold issue.However I haven't seen a BB Bold, BB qwerty Q10 or classic user except one of my friend here Europe for 3 years now. I know a lot these phones are still big in Asia and other South East Asia / India / Africa. They should make a classic I agree I jus think it's time to loose the toolbelt. What do you thing on this matter. I know in Europe 90% of BB users already left a long time ago and are now used to a all touch phone. Those of them wanting a great black qwerty I guess would like the qwerty but use the screen as interface instead of a navigation key. Therefore they get a bigger screen. Let me know what you think!

I agree with you on the rest of your story. Maybe a full touch passport would be great!
    02-13-15 07:58 PM
    Passport with a digitizer pen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on a Note 3. Giving my Passport a rest.
    02-13-15 08:44 PM
    The tool belt does not take up any screen space because the screen is SQUARE. That is why the Passport is so wide. You are asking BlackBerry to make a different type of screen ratio - they do not want to do that for reasons that I may have made sense at one time.
    02-13-15 11:02 PM
    You owe me a quarter

Z10
    Spamming several threads.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    02-14-15 12:27 AM
    I hope they really have something big coming. I don't where you are from but here on the in western europe except for the uk. I only know one guy except me using a BlackBerry. I travel a lot and haven't seen anybody yet in Netherlands/Denmark/Malta/Germany/Belgium/Latvia using a BlackBerry nowadays. It's all Iphone/Android/ and for people looking for a cheap phone go for the chinees brands like Huawei. How will BlackBerry get Back in the game overhere. I don't see it happen easily.
    I live in Denmark and I think I'm the only person in the city with a BlackBerry. The rest are using Android and iOS powered devices.
    When I sometimes pull out my Passport, I get a lot of stares.
    I have received only a few comments, as Danes aren't quite into it when it comes with interacting with strangers, but my favourite part was when I bought a SIM. I went on purpose at a store to have it installed and see the reaction it produced. When I handed my device to the clerk, he turned it on every side for about three times and looked at me as if I was from the Moon. He was really nervous, as his hands were shaking a bit (for real) but he didn't say anything. It must have been a real shocker seeing another Dane using something else than the "established" pieces of crap they bring in the country.
    Believe it or not, Huawei and Kazam (re-branded Chinese garbage) rank high because they're cheap and feature giant advertisements. Don't get me started on Apple and Samsung/HTC, which are giants here. I'm really sorry that BlackBerry isn't doing anything to promote their products here, as I believe a lot of people would be willing to buy them. But that's life...
    nt300 and stigadk like this.
    02-14-15 03:15 AM
    I had a similar experience when I got a SIM.

Oddly, I'm fine with having the only Passport here. My carrier, AT&T, will be releasing their own soon so there will be others. But it wouldn't bother me of I had the only one because I really don't give a crap what other people use.

Apropos to the original post, I have seen renders of a Passport without a keyboard and a Passport with a traditional four row keyboard and they would be a mistake in my opinion. The former is simply too big without the explanatory utility of a keyboard to explain it's size and it gives up the square screen. The latter is just a giant classic and pinches the height of the screen. Typing on the three row key aged takes some getting used to but it is worth the effort and now second nature to me.

I think a passport with a digitizer pen that slides into the chassis and corresponding software would be a slight improvement over the one I have.

For apps, Blackberry has plenty for business users. I acknowledge that I'm not a gamer or a movie watcher and it may lack in those departments of you don't want to use android apps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on a Note 3. Giving my Passport a rest.
    Im Mo Green and autonomousme like this.
    02-14-15 10:05 AM
    The Z30 is the best electronic device I've ever owned.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    02-14-15 10:32 AM
    The tool belt does not take up any screen space because the screen is SQUARE. That is why the Passport is so wide. You are asking BlackBerry to make a different type of screen ratio - they do not want to do that for reasons that I may have made sense at one time.
    Thank goodness there's someone else out there who understands this,
    02-14-15 01:59 PM
    Z10 refresher is a must.
    I can see distinct lines going forward.
    Z10 > Z?
    Z30 > Z50
    Q10 > Q30
    Passport > Passport 2 (Full Touch)
    Classic > Classic 2 then (End of Line)

That's what's unique about BBRY, they offer a good choice. Now that they are making a profit on hardware and controlling inventory.

Posted by Q5
    02-14-15 03:16 PM
    Why would there be a new Q10? Maybe a smaller Passport mini. Other than being slightly shorter than a Classic there would be no advantage to a Classic without a tool belt.

I doubt that there will be end of the line for the Classic. It is the one iconic phone that BlackBerry makes.

I do not understand why they can not sell a Porsche designed all touch at a iPhone price.
    02-14-15 03:24 PM
    I do expect new devices this year, especially the full touch ones, to make blackberry keep up with apple, samsung,... The “Z50” will be more than welcome this year to give the series a refresh. Z30 is a good device, but it's getting older and this is not a good thing for media consumption devices – remember that iphone, galaxy and htc have a refresh every year...

I really don't expect a full touch passport because it kinds of defeat the purpose of the phone for me. The passport came to merge two worlds: fisical keyboard e phablet. Without the keyboard, the passport would be just a “mini” phablet and could be replaced by a Z30/”Z50” or others similar devices.

About the QXX series, I don't see a reason to keep both QXX and classic alives. For me, classic is a Q10 plus tool belt and it was release last year, so the series already got a refresh. By the way, the tool belt has made a return with the classic, but I'm afraid it will only survive in this world if the device sells pretty well.
    02-14-15 05:00 PM
    Has a physical keyboard phone with out a track pad sold well?
    02-14-15 09:09 PM
    In case that's not rhetorical, the q10 fits that description and sold horribly.

LuvULongTime likes this.
    02-14-15 11:49 PM
    The Q10 was suppose to have been a hot seller. Had they released a Classic version at that time, with the toolbelt, it would have probably sold 10 fold over the Q10.
    Let's not forget, BBRY does not know how to market it's products unfortunately.

Posted by Q5
    CharlieV and LuvULongTime like this.
    02-15-15 03:03 PM
    I don't think there's a need to make the successor to the Z10 thinner. If they did then the battery would have to be built-in like on the Z30. A thinner Z10 would be difficult to hold in my opinion. But if they made it lighter, that wouldn't hurt.
    02-17-15 01:07 AM
    Well the Q10 didn't sell well. Neither did the Z10. The reason that the Z10 was more of a success was due to people wanting a a full screen touch device and this was the first that worked properly compared to the Storm devices. Of course not everybody wanted a all touch device however at that time a lot of BB user had already left for other phones like the samsung and Iphone. These phones were out performing BB and you didn't need to paid the extra 5 dollars as compared to the BB device. Ok this stopped with the BB10. However everybody I knew were already not happy wih BB at the time and had already had another device like a samsung or iphone. They told me that were glad they did the move and that they should had done the move much sooner. I hold on to BB and got the Z10. However don't forget the specs of the Z10 was already two years old when it came out and therefore not up for the job when competing against samsung and the iphone.

My friend who now uses a classic is not that enthusiastic about the phone. He doesn't get the the toolbelt. He was happy with the Q10 except for it turning off every time he made a phone call. I told him to trade it in for another or repaired as he still had warranty on the device.
    02-17-15 02:35 AM
84 123 ...