05-23-15 09:43 PM
41 12
tools
    I'd kill for a modern flip-phone BlackBerry.

Do you guys remember what it was like end calls by flipping a phone shut? Or to flick a phone open with your thumb? And it protects both the screen and keyboard from the elements. No need for a case.

It's such a great form-factor, and it's been totally underutilized.

And what if BlackBerry introduced a small E-ink screen for the outer display? That would be so cool.

Posted via CB10
    outlib likes this.
    04-11-15 12:08 PM
    Need a perfect high specification blackberry with a phone like dimensions to hold or keep in pocket easily. A flip would be the perfect thing IMHO.. But slim..
    Or a classic with perfect hardware..

Blackberry Passport 😍
    04-11-15 12:48 PM
    Here are some patents blackberry central found from blackberry.

https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...ing-patents-2/

All these patents are amazing!!!!

Tell me guys which one intrigues you the most.

Personally I like the retractable keyboard one and clamshell patent.
    It does not matter because even if they put them in productions, they will not sell.
    04-11-15 01:12 PM
    How many, if any will see the light of day? BlackBerry is notorious for having cool patents and technology demos, and not implementing them. TAT showed off Apple's Parallax feature years ago.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 02:20 PM
    I'd kill for a modern flip-phone BlackBerry.

Do you guys remember what it was like end calls by flipping a phone shut? Or to flick a phone open with your thumb? And it protects both the screen and keyboard from the elements. No need for a case.

It's such a great form-factor, and it's been totally underutilized.

And what if BlackBerry introduced a small E-ink screen for the outer display? That would be so cool.

Posted via CB10
    Classic Style? Or something?

Pretty sure it would find a market among flip-phone fans that want a bit more power...

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    04-12-15 07:50 AM
    How many, if any will see the light of day? BlackBerry is notorious for having cool patents and technology demos, and not implementing them. TAT showed off Apple's Parallax feature years ago.

Posted via CB10
    At one time there were Parallax assets in BB10 too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ml#post8830817

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 08:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly and they didn't implement them. Frankly I don't think they have the talent and manpower left at the company to cover everything now.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 08:56 AM
    No innovation or patent is good enough without delivering the promises without hitches. BlackBerry walk on borrowed crutches from its loyal, though diminishing supporters.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 09:26 AM
    The thing is now we've seen these concepts there are going to be endless threads of "where is my flip phone" or "where is my slider" or "where is the eye login feature"

And then when it's not announced next week, there will be those who complain about BlackBerry. Knowledge in some hands is dangerous.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    04-12-15 09:36 AM
    Nice post for nice article! Thanks for sharing

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.281β
    04-12-15 09:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    I checked that thread as much as I could and saw no mention of parallax assets.

But if there are, I really hope BlackBerry soon adds them into the os

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 09:43 AM
    Okay so I'm getting a slider, but now I saw that retractable one and want it...I also really think the gaze screen will be cool but you can't use it at night :0 (dark) and that flexible screen!! Basically no more damages can be made except for scratches...make a scratch proof phone too (Also technically the flip won't get scratched as long as it's closed

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 02:52 PM
    The size of the Style surprised me next to a Bold. I thought wholly, that's a monstrous flip phone compared to what I used to have lol.

But something like that if the whole lens edge to edge when closed could be a full touch screen would be interesting to say the least..[/QUOTE]

Yes that what I wanted them to do, like a full touch screen but than a simple 1:1 and keyboard when flipped open I would buy that! (But I would want it to be a 4:6 full touch screen because 16:9 seems a little big to me for that type of phone)

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 02:54 PM
    Cool

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 02:50 PM
    Awesome I always loved my old Symbian flip phones back then! I don't think they will build something like that because it's expensive and risky as long as everyone is looking for their next iPhone clone...
    BUT: if they do one day, I'm all in for a Q10 style flip phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:14 PM
    PHABLET! The Patent: Capacitive force sensor with magnetic spring
    05-23-15 09:43 PM
41 12