05-23-15 08:43 PM
41 12
tools
    Here are some patents blackberry central found from blackberry.

https://www.blackberrycentral.com/ne...ing-patents-2/

All these patents are amazing!!!!

Tell me guys which one intrigues you the most.

Personally I like the retractable keyboard one and clamshell patent.
    04-06-15 09:58 AM
    I knew the flip-phone would be coming back next Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing
    04-06-15 10:12 AM
    I knew the flip-phone would be coming back next Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing
    No problem . I am very excited to be honest if they use these patents which I am sure they will since they said they will focus on keyboard phones. Flip Phone can come back in a exciting way big time. Imagine a Sidekick looking phone with BB10 fully spec's out I would be all over that.
    04-06-15 10:14 AM
    Cool

Z10
    04-06-15 10:18 AM
    I'm excited & I can't wait for the flexible screen & the eye login to be used.

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt likes this.
    04-06-15 12:41 PM
    Flip phone sounds interesting to me.

Posted via CB10
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    04-06-15 12:50 PM
    I them all!
    04-06-15 01:15 PM
    Patents do not indicate future production or implementation. It's literally protecting an idea to not allow someone else to use it.

Cool but nothing to get excited about.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-06-15 09:31 PM
    Patents do not indicate future production or implementation. It's literally protecting an idea to not allow someone else to use it.

Cool but nothing to get excited about.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I know that already. I know what I patent is...I'm excited however that they are still innovating in the hardware department and coming up with ideas .....dont be a Debbie downer lol

Posted via my awesome totally amazing BlackBerry Z30
    04-06-15 09:35 PM
    Thanks for sharing this! It's definitely exciting that BlackBerry is still focusing on developing new and innovative hardware.

I like the idea of the slider that pops up so that the keyboard is then flush with the screen. I was a big fan of the torch, but it did always feel like when you were using the keyboard, you weren't really using the screen. This design would blend that slider design beautifully!

At the same time, now I'm so torn. I'm going to have to buy my wife so many gifts if BlackBerry actually puts out some of these. Already with the slider announced, I don't stand a chance if they keep pushing ideas like these.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    04-06-15 09:44 PM
    A flip phone? What year is it lol :P

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    04-07-15 03:56 AM
    How about instead of new tech they concentrate on making current standard tech as powerful and attractive to users as iPhones and Samsungs are?????
    04-07-15 07:31 AM
    I try not to get too exited anymore, I truly believed amazing things were coming when they bought TAT... and since then I reserve my excitement until it's real.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 07:35 AM
    These patents are very old according to the date.. they predate BlackBerry 10 if I'm not mistaken.
    04-07-15 07:46 AM
    Love the idea of modernizing old ideas.
    It's almost as if they're playing off the "BlackBerry is old tech" idea.

It kind of covers up their stagnation for the last five years.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 07:55 AM
    Definitely the retractable keyboard is the best of them all and I assume that's for the Visa/Victoria model that didn't get shown off surprisingly at MWC. Instead BB showed of the Slider. Definitely looking forward to the retractable keyboard device, unless a wild Classic 2 appears!
    04-07-15 10:47 AM
    A flip phone? What year is it lol :P

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    Flip phone doesn't really do anything for me, either, BUT...

...maybe there's a market? They're still surprisingly popular in Japan, for instance. There are a lot of... let's say "more conservative" (read: "older") users who prefer them. And even some younger people who are making something of a style statement.

Maybe BlackBerry's best way forward is in niche devices now.
    JG_Agustin and MarsupilamiX like this.
    04-07-15 01:17 PM
    Just add the hinge buttons to this design:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...oncept-943107/
    04-07-15 02:19 PM

...maybe there's a market? They're still surprisingly popular in Japan, for instance. There are a lot of... let's say "more conservative" (read: "older") users who prefer them. And even some younger people who are making something of a style statement.

I agree, there's people who still fancy flip phones. They were quite attractive back in the day. My GF (33) would definitely buy one, she has actually been asking me if BlackBerry will ever bring out a new flip phone. Heck, at some point she's even thought of getting a "Style" with OS 6 just because she loves flip phones.

She currently rocks a Q10 (previously a Galaxy S3) and I have shown her the Classic and the upcoming slider. But she says she'd only change her Q10 for a flip phone. So it would be awesome if one with BB10 came out, even if specs wise it's similar to current BBs, I think it will appeal to quite a few, just due to the flip design.

IMHO, BlackBerry is the only one making phones different to all the slabs... Many speak of individuality, yet fancy smartphones similar or the same as their peers. For me, BlackBerry is the only current maker truly innovating. The iPhone was an innovation back in 2008 (or whenever it came out), but today all Apple is bringing to the table (along with other phone makers), at most, are minor software tweaks or UI changes, to me that's not true innovation.

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-07-15 02:27 PM
    The retractable keyboard! I hope they'll implement it on a Q10 form factor to keep a very pocket-friendly format.
    The flip phone is intriguing too.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 02:36 PM
    I like the retractable keyboard idea. I like flip phones (Moto Razr V3 my favorite) and might go for a BB flip if it has a PKB. Love snapping it shut to show I'm pissed.
    outlib likes this.
    04-07-15 02:43 PM
    Samsung did a badass flip phone a couple years back. If they launched it stateside, I would've probably bought it, if I was still using droid at the time that is.

GALAXY Golden | SAMSUNG Hong Kong

I dig flip phones. I guess it's an old school thing.
    Last edited by DarkJoker33; 04-07-15 at 07:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    04-07-15 07:11 PM
    The size of the Style surprised me next to a Bold. I thought wholly, that's a monstrous flip phone compared to what I used to have lol.

But something like that if the whole lens edge to edge when closed could be a full touch screen would be interesting to say the least..
    04-08-15 07:51 AM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar

Yep.. niche kB based devices are a great fit for Blackberry... innovative and high quality is key....

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 06:17 PM
    I want anything with 'BlackBerry ' on it I have come to realize. Total junkie.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 06:09 AM
41 12