September seems to be the time when new consumer tech is released. Im guessing because it gives people some room to save up for Christmas and other holidays near that date.

So it seems that its confirmed that "classic" aka Q20 will come with 10.3.1 by end of the year and 10.3 will be introduced with a new device.

Logically this means that there is an unannounced device to be launched BEFORE "classic" and 10.3.1 is lauched.

Consensus seems to point at windermere aka Q30 with its 1440 x 1440 screen and 3 row keyboard and I must say I hope that its true!

Question is why was "classic" announced so far ahead of time and this 10.3 device wasnt?

Dont developers need to be given the heads up to prepare for a new model especially one that has a higher resolution?

Unless of course this devices has a magical upscaler which works in reverse from the downscaler in the Z3.

BB10 - call blocking please, BBM - too many to list
    Last edited by Q10Nutter; 05-14-14 at 05:54 PM.
    05-14-14 05:14 PM
    I think one of the reasons that classic was announced, so far from a release date, was to help enterprise customers who wanted an official statement from Blackberry in order to have something to point to in planning budgets. With BBOS device becoming long in the tooth, businesses needed to have an rough outline for an upgrade path to the next blackberry device.

It looks like the Q30 is going to be release before the classic, then the Q30 might not be the device geared toward medical.
    05-14-14 08:57 PM
    I think one of the reasons that classic was announced, so far from a release date, was to help enterprise customers who wanted an official statement from Blackberry in order to have something to point to in planning budgets. With BBOS device becoming long in the tooth, businesses needed to have an rough outline for an upgrade path to the next blackberry device.

It looks like the Q30 is going to be release before the classic, then the Q30 might not be the device geared toward medical.
    I still think the Q30/windermere is the medical device but it will have a slightly tweaked OS. Just like the how BlackBerry build special devices for the government but this case for the medical industry.

BB10 - call blocking please, BBM - too many to list
    05-15-14 07:01 AM