So I am hoping to pick up the Tour in two weeks, but I have been told of a new curve coming to Verizon in November. Anyone else know about this? I've checked around online and nothing really shows up.
    10-14-09 06:28 PM
    The Curve 8530 is supposed to be coming to Sprint and Verizon next month, but it's not really "better" than the Tour. The 8530 will have a 2MP camera and 320x240 resolution compared to the 3.2MP camera and 480x360 resolution on the Tour.

The only two things the 8530 will have over the Tour is Wi-Fi and a trackpad. Personally, I'm trying to hold out for the Essex next year to get the best of both, but I'm not sure I'll make it.
    10-14-09 06:47 PM
    Phonearena.com has the 8900 and 8530 coming to vzw in november but they also had the storm2's launch date as Oct 13 until it didn't happen so.....guess we will see. I want the essex or something with wifi (not storm2) so i'll gladly pick up the 8900 if that surfaces on vzw
    10-14-09 06:50 PM
    Thanks. Wifi really isnt a big thing for me, I don't go anywhere with wifi haha. Since the only thing it adds is a trackpad, and wifi...hmm I dont know. trackpad would be nice. It just seems like the tour would be better. You say next year for a new one? when next year? like January?

I really like the display on the tour.
    However, with everyone having issues with the trackball on the tour, the trackpad may be a safer bet.

When does this new Curve come out in november? anyone know?
    Last edited by theunknownone; 10-14-09 at 07:39 PM.
    10-14-09 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD