I heard about this rumored device once. I think it was on a CB podcast.

If I remember right it was code named orlando. They talked about a Curve series device with both the keyboard and a touch screen. Maybe something like the 9900/30's little brother.

From what I gather the newest Curves that are coming (9350 I think) do not have a touch screen.

Has anyone else heard any thing about this orlando or was it just a wild rumor/wish?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 01:49 PM
    I think they killed it because of the 99xx's main selling point would be the touch and keyboard combination.
    06-28-11 01:50 PM
    I think they killed it because of the 99xx's main selling point would be the touch and keyboard combination.
    That figures. There is a good chance I will go back to the Curve series when the new phones finally come out. It would have been nice to get a touch screen/keyboard combo at the lower price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 02:25 PM
    I think some of these device rumours have got jumbled up to be honest, when it first leaked out, orlando was a touchscreen-only curve with a cdma version being called malibu or something like that. It wasn't until later that a few sites used that codename for a curve version of the dakota and personally I think that the initial rumour is far more plausible since it adds to their potential market unlike the second rumour where it would mostly takes sales from the new curve and a few from the 9900 rather than establishing its own niche.

That 9700-style device with a touchscreen makes far more sense than a curve model since it would be higher priced and thus less of an issue if it did steal any sales from the 9900.
    06-30-11 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD