Has anyone heard of any plans to redesign the style. I actually like the phone, but notice Sprint and other carriers are getting rid of it.

I am in the minority because I use my phone for just phone, text, and email. I could care less about apps. I have a 18 month old kid, I don't have time for apps.

Thanks everyone!
    09-29-11 10:17 AM
    I dont think RIM will be remaking it, but i would recommend the Bold 9930. it is a much faster phone and an otterbox with it will be a plus.
    09-29-11 10:23 AM
    I would suggest a complete re-modelling of Blackberry phones. Everything is looking very Old Style. Some new redesign is preferred as I am a fan of Blackberry Phones.
    10-01-11 04:57 AM
    I would suggest a complete re-modelling of Blackberry phones. Everything is looking very Old Style. Some new redesign is preferred as I am a fan of Blackberry Phones.
    If you think that the Curve 9360 looks completely like it's predecessors then I worry for you.

Also, we are talking about a specific device CALLED the Style.
    10-01-11 01:04 PM
    RIM should definitely re-design their phone but by all means they need to keep their keyboard identical to what it is now. That's their bread and butter and the best keyboard ever. No need to change it.
    10-28-11 10:42 AM
    I want this phone. I'm using the iphone for now until rim spits out something better. but i'll say this, i love the flip form factor and if rim made a gsm version of this phone so i can use it with ATT i'll ditch the iphone in a heart beat. i dont care how much nicer the apps are on the ios, nothing beats being able to type out a message on a BB keyboard and slaming your phone shut!!
    11-07-11 08:41 AM
    Flip phones are usually associated with old technology. It's all about big touch screen phones nowadays. I'm pretty sure the Style was a big flop sales wise so I doubt RIM will be bring out a redesigned version of it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    11-13-11 01:55 PM
    I actually REALLY liked the style. It was a nice phone! I hope RIM makes a similar device but on GSM aswell this time! That was the only reason why I didnt have one! Damn CDMA American providers!
    11-14-11 01:27 AM
    i dont understand how rim can really guage market success with the first style by just selling to one cdma carrier. you really need to make it available globally in order to truly understand market demand for such a device. I'm sure if marketed at low cost segments globally it would be a hit.

with that said, i disagree that today's market demands big touchscreen devices. that form factor just happens to be the vehicle of the substance that truly drives the smartphone market today... and that is apps! lots of good apps with a big eco system. that is where rim will always be short of. the biggest players of today and going into the future are the brands that support a large ecosystem, such as apple, google, and microsoft. but if done correctly rim can piggy back on those ecosystems by utilizing the android app player.

imagine having a rim devices with apple like quality in regards to hardware, software, and on your desktop to sync up.. yet have a windows phone app player and an android app player to take advantage of both eco systems.

they just need to streamline their products by having less phone models, all with the same screen sizes/resolutions to make app development more streamlined, and expand memory for app storage. i personally love using the BB os. i find nothing wrong with it. i prefer it.
    11-15-11 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD