11-14-14 02:03 AM
135 ... 23456
tools
    This device would be 150 mm x 65 mm whereas a Note 3 is the same length but wider at 79 mm and has a 5.7 inch screen. Which device would you prefer ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    How do you know what size it would be? The product doesn't even exist. The point I'm making is that the 1:1 aspect ratio needs to be given up and the next qwerty device needs a larger screen that isn't square.

Posted via CB Forums iOS app
    02-20-14 05:05 AM
    hmm I'm not sure if anyone would buy that phone haha. its interesting look.

i prefer the Z10 style.
    02-20-14 06:16 AM
    That camera is definitely the most cringe worthy thing I've seen in a while.

I know it's concept model but I'm pretty sure it ruined my week.

I expect some sort of compensation from that CrackBerry as that's where I saw it first.

I'll be expecting my P'9982 by the end of the week Kevin.

Thanks.

Q10
    milo53 likes this.
    02-20-14 07:01 AM
    Everyone just calm down.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, We should calm down and hope for new Device.
    02-20-14 08:34 AM
    Just buttly ugly, say no more.
    02-20-14 09:20 AM
    This is a simple prototype probably used for BlackBerry 10 OS development.... there is no need to even think this will come out because this device looks like it's strictly meant to stay at BlackBerry for development.... hell, it's probably an old prototype from before BlackBerry 10 was released last year

Twitter/4sq/Insta/PSN/CB/Steam: @Loppizzle Dr. Michael Lopez, B.Sc, M.D.
    02-20-14 09:31 AM
    How do you know what size it would be? The product doesn't even exist. The point I'm making is that the 1:1 aspect ratio needs to be given up and the next qwerty device needs a larger screen that isn't square.

Posted via CB Forums iOS app
    Because the Q10 keyboard has a finite size and the Z10 has a finite size and you add them . That was your suggestion not mine.

In another thread the development prototype was determined to have only a 3.5 inch screen and obviously no trackpad.

The best render of a QWERTY non slider device that I have seen has a screen with a 3 to 4 ratio and it could probably be pumped up to 3.8 inches and still be ergonomically sound.

02-20-14 10:43 AM
    Are you people insane?
    The OP was simply sharing what he considered to be a bit strange.... and again, the debate rages! A useless argument!

Mecca EL likes this.
    02-20-14 11:41 AM
    Are you people insane?
    The OP was simply sharing what he considered to be a bit strange.... and again, the debate rages! A useless argument!
    If BlackBerry fans were insane there would be more of us, so the answer is no.

02-20-14 11:49 AM
    If BlackBerry fans were insane there would be more of us, so the answer is no.

But, of course you're insane. You passed 'Addict" and are now "genius!" So, you KNOW that there's a fine line between Genius and Insanity!
    And, it goes without saying, We're all Berry Berry Cracked!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-20-14 12:01 PM
    That would actually be killer business.

Posted via CB10
    Killer biz with almost zero margin for BB.
    02-20-14 04:13 PM
    In another thread the development prototype was determined to have only a 3.5 inch screen and obviously no trackpad.
    It was guessed to be that size, I provided an alternate calculation that produced a distinctly different result and only used the known values of 1440x1440 and the ppi range of 1440p displays currently on the market.
    02-20-14 04:31 PM
    It was guessed to be that size, I provided an alternate calculation that produced a distinctly different result and only used the known values of 1440x1440 and the ppi range of 1440p displays currently on the market.
    Just wanna be sure I've got a handle on this.

We're still in the "guess," phase..... yes?

02-20-14 05:04 PM
    You people need to learn chinese. That is a knock off found in Guandong province and more accurately the city of Hong Kong.
    02-20-14 05:16 PM
    You people need to learn chinese. That is a knock off found in Guandong province and more accurately the city of Hong Kong.
    Can you confirm that?
    02-20-14 09:45 PM
    Why would a knock-off feature a "NOT FOR SALE" inscription?

It may be a fake, but it's not a knock-off. It also actually features some design cues from other leaked information relating to future devices. Not a final product for sure - but a dev/prototype most definitely.
    02-20-14 09:49 PM
    Yes because the picture of the phone says not for sale which means it's a prototype or dev alpha phone....look at the bottom of the picture

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 10:07 PM
    Yes because the picture of the phone says not for sale which means it's a prototype or dev alpha phone....look at the bottom of the picture

Posted via CB10
    And what does that mean?

Attachment 249397

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    Or maybe just an employee device?
    02-20-14 11:07 PM
    Or maybe just an employee device?
    It may belong to an employee, but it's either a DEV or pre-release device. Anything with not for sale is prerelease. Now it could be early hardware, or near-final hardware - it's impossible to say. What we CAN say is that it's not production.
    Deathcommand likes this.
    02-20-14 11:52 PM
    I just want to puke

Sent from my Nexus 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-20-14 11:55 PM
    We can also say it's a BlackBerry

I'm qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry10 device
    02-20-14 11:55 PM
    This looks like a who can build the ugliest prototype contest winner. lol don't bash me I'm a blackberry die hard but this is hilarious, not even devs would want to build apps on this since it hurts your eyes just looking at it. Even the pictures look like a mug shot as if this phone is guilty of being such a horrendous piece of plastic. This phone looks like it caught the H1N1 virus and will pass it on to anyone who dares touch it.
    On a serious note Im excited about this phone specs sound awesome they just need to have some serious re-designing.
    02-21-14 12:07 AM
    This looks like a who can build the ugliest prototype contest winner. lol don't bash me I'm a blackberry die hard but this is hilarious, not even devs would want to build apps on this since it hurts your eyes just looking at it. Even the pictures look like a mug shot as if this phone is guilty of being such a horrendous piece of plastic. This phone looks like it caught the H1N1 virus and will pass it on to anyone who dares touch it.
    On a serious note Im excited about this phone specs sound awesome they just need to have some serious re-designing.
    As funny as your post is The phone isn't actually that bad. The longer you look at it, the nicer it becomes. It will also probably look a lot nicer without all the sections blanked out on it!
    02-21-14 12:29 AM
    Can you imagine if this was the first BB10 device Thorsten announced? LOL

Star Wars fan? Come join us C00121E8E
    02-21-14 12:33 AM
    Take the original image:

New BlackBerry Q Device: Are you kidding me?!?-proto0.jpg

Clean it up a bit..

New BlackBerry Q Device: Are you kidding me?!?-proto.jpg

Looks nicer already.

Now simply add curved edges on the top and the bottom. Here we see styling borrowed from the Z series:

New BlackBerry Q Device: Are you kidding me?!?-proto2.jpg

It's actually quite nice now. Or a poor mockup using the defunct C series:

New BlackBerry Q Device: Are you kidding me?!?-proto3.jpg

Either way, you get the concept.

This is quite probably a DEV device and they may well easily change the final cosmetics before launch.

And if it's a dev concept, they may add rounded edges to the top and bottom, making it look much nicer on the eyes.

Personally, I don't mind it. Keen to see the final product.
    Last edited by higherdestiny; 02-21-14 at 01:08 AM. Reason: added C series mock
    UrbanGlowCam and 3_M4N like this.
    02-21-14 12:42 AM
135 ... 23456