11-14-14 02:03 AM
135 12345 ...
tools
    It's just a Developer Device so I'm not freaking out about that but I'm more concerned if this is the next QWERTY device coming from BlackBerry. The screen was said to be bigger than the Q10 but c'mon... the same 1:1 ratio?? Ugh......need a bigger AND taller screen.

Dear God let the released device look nothing like this! We need a rectangular 4" screen on the Q10's keyboard.

From the Q10 Until the Q30
    This is exactly what we need. What would be the best scenario for BlackBerry would be to take the Z10 screen size (4.2") and just put the Q10 physical keyboard on that. BAM! One resolution, easy development for app makers.
    Last edited by Plazmic Flame; 02-19-14 at 07:00 PM. Reason: added quote
    02-19-14 06:58 PM
    This isn't Windmere.... it's another Foxconn BlackBerry. It's probably going to go for low emerging markets at 175.
    02-19-14 07:56 PM
    This isn't Windmere.... it's another Foxconn BlackBerry. It's probably going to go for low emerging markets at 175.
    It's not a Foxconn device. It's designed internally by BlackBerry.

A little birdie told me....
    milo53 likes this.
    02-19-14 08:13 PM
    BlackBerry Windermere Featuring Touch-sensitive Keys? | N4BB

This is reported on CrackBerry, but one thing in this article is that apparently BlackBerry may be allowing for 2 screens to be open simultaneously. I think this would be a great device, and they are reporting that a "big partner is interested in the phone".

"Additionally, it’s being rumored that with the increase in screen real estate, BlackBerry may plan to allow two apps to simultaneously be opened on the screen."
    Pravin1 likes this.
    02-19-14 08:19 PM
    Dude I told you in the other post I put..that is why I put it under the DEV forums section...IT IS NOT A FINAL PRODUCT BUT A DEV DEVICE FOR DEVELOPERS TO TEST THEIR APPS ON.....
    You do realize this was posted here 2 hours ago... lol.

Posted via CB10
    Did not realize that LOL Cool but again it is not the NEW bb device stop misleading people its a dev device.
    How many CB accounts do you post from???
    02-19-14 08:29 PM
    They need to abandon the 1x1 screen size. It obviously isn't selling and is one of the biggest complaints I see from Q10 users.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 08:33 PM

This is reported on CrackBerry, but one thing in this article is that apparently BlackBerry may be allowing for 2 screens to be open simultaneously. I think this would be a great device, and they are reporting that a "big partner is interested in the phone".

"Additionally, its being rumored that with the increase in screen real estate, BlackBerry may plan to allow two apps to simultaneously be opened on the screen."
    Yeah, its on N4BB too. This is rather interesting!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 08:35 PM

"Additionally, it’s being rumored that with the increase in screen real estate, BlackBerry may plan to allow two apps to simultaneously be opened on the screen."
    Pretty sure you mean apps...
    02-19-14 08:44 PM
    基安你好,基安再见。
    02-19-14 09:07 PM
    基安你好,基安再见。
    Google Translate: "Hello methamphetamine, methamphetamine goodbye."

???
    02-19-14 09:16 PM
    is this a Foxconn design??

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 09:23 PM
    is this a Foxconn design??

Posted via CB10
    No.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 09:43 PM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    just read the article, very curious about this new keyboard.. hope they bring out that V keyboard they had a patent for

02-19-14 09:45 PM
    Anyone actually bother to punch in that link Weibo link? Sina Weibo right there :P

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Google translated, of course.

New BlackBerry Q Device: Are you kidding me?!?-screen-shot-2014-02-19-11.49.07-pm.jpg
    eldricho likes this.
    02-19-14 09:51 PM
    Cannot be an April fools joke as this is still February. I looked outside and yup it is still February. Probably a door entry security device.
    02-19-14 10:20 PM
    It's just a Developer Device so I'm not freaking out about that but I'm more concerned if this is the next QWERTY device coming from BlackBerry. The screen was said to be bigger than the Q10 but c'mon... the same 1:1 ratio?? Ugh......need a bigger AND taller screen.

This is exactly what we need. What would be the best scenario for BlackBerry would be to take the Z10 screen size (4.2") and just put the Q10 physical keyboard on that. BAM! One resolution, easy development for app makers.
    This device would be 150 mm x 65 mm whereas a Note 3 is the same length but wider at 79 mm and has a 5.7 inch screen. Which device would you prefer ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-19-14 10:23 PM
    Obviously a testing unit for BlackBerry 10 version for devices with a physical keyboard.

It even says "Not for sale" on the bottom left corner.

Yeup. Even compare the Dev Alpha and Dev Beta of the Z10 to the Z10. They're completely different.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    02-19-14 10:43 PM
    I think it's pretty cool concept.
    02-19-14 11:25 PM
    so damn ugly omg
    02-20-14 12:16 AM
    A man received a message from his neighbour,Sorry that I have been using your wife, I have been using day and night, I use whenever you are not at home. In fact, I have been using more than you do, I feel very sorry for this, I hope you will accept my sincere apology!

Man went home and had a big fight with his wife...

Few minutes later he received another message, Sorry for my typing error, I mean your WiFi.

Tim Heard likes this.
    02-20-14 01:43 AM
    Obviously a testing unit for BlackBerry 10 version for devices with a physical keyboard.

It even says "Not for sale" on the bottom left corner.
    All pre-release hardware have that on them, just check out any leaked photos of other devices, it doesn't imply that this is not alpha/beta hardware for a future device.
    02-20-14 02:58 AM
    That is not the best option, you would have a tall device so not really ideal to hold in one hand, so if you have to use two hands then you might as well make it wider than a z10 too, if you combine this with the 1440x1440 rez from that n4bb link then the logical implication is that this device is bigger than people realise and could readily exceed a 4.2" display size.
    02-20-14 03:04 AM
    A man received a message from his neighbour,Sorry that I have been using your wife, I have been using day and night, I use whenever you are not at home. In fact, I have been using more than you do, I feel very sorry for this, I hope you will accept my sincere apology!

Man went home and had a big fight with his wife...

Few minutes later he received another message, Sorry for my typing error, I mean your WiFi.
    I don't even know how to respond to this

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 04:44 AM
    I don't even know how to respond to this

Posted via CB10
    haha, I know, right?! Made me laugh though.

This is most likely a pre-prod device like the Dev Alpha etc were. Finished product will most likely look a lot better.
    02-20-14 04:55 AM
    That is not the best option, you would have a tall device so not really ideal to hold in one hand, so if you have to use two hands then you might as well make it wider than a z10 too, if you combine this with the 1440x1440 rez from that n4bb link then the logical implication is that this device is bigger than people realise and could readily exceed a 4.2" display size.
    I didn't say anything about combining it with the supposed 1440x1440 resolution. The 1:1 aspect ratio should not be done again, the square screen should not be repeated on a QWERTY device.

Posted via CB Forums iOS app
    02-20-14 04:56 AM
135 12345 ...