10-11-17 01:44 PM
81 1234
tools
    Where these is smoke there is fire....
    That's not smoke, it's water vapor.
    08-28-17 03:13 PM
    That's not smoke, it's water vapor.
    Maybe so but are new devices coming? According to TCL yes there are.
    08-28-17 04:56 PM
    Bla1ze is really doing the counter espionage. . My experience led me believe this. Probably not true but I like to think of him as the villain .
    08-28-17 05:04 PM
    Consumer side is handled by Alcatel brand.
    I really don't believe this. I won't even comment on it. Enterprise is not just enterprise anymore. Most of the asian and european market let's you use your own device. If it is the case with Blackberry Mobile, future is dark for them.

But I don't believe this is the case. 🤷🏻*♂️
    08-28-17 05:11 PM
    The only hard data is that there's a 1920x1080 phone with a SD625 somewhere: https://forums.crackberry.com/rumore...0-1-a-1113060/

Rumors and hearsay bring us specs for the Krypton: https://forums.crackberry.com/rumore...ypton-1108714/

And all we have for Juno is a name: https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/879516829353488384

That said, the fact that this "news" isn't really news doesn't preclude new devices. If anything, nipping this in the bud before people get butthurt over another made-up rumor is beneficial in the long run.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    08-28-17 05:19 PM
    I really don't believe this. I won't even comment on it. Enterprise is not just enterprise anymore. Most of the asian and european market let's you use your own device. If it is the case with Blackberry Mobile, future is dark for them.

But I don't believe this is the case. 🤷🏻*♂️
    BlackBerry Android is a competitor to Samsung Knox. As usual, they won't turn away avid consumers - but they aren't the focus.

Apart from that segment, TCL can already build whatever device they want through its Alcatel brand.
    08-28-17 05:27 PM
    BlackBerry Android is a competitor to Samsung Knox. As usual, they won't turn away avid consumers - but they aren't the focus.

Apart from that segment, TCL can already build whatever device they want through its Alcatel brand.
    Blackberry android is open to any OEM who wants to license it.

Even I can establish a company named ardacell and have the blackberry android if I pay the fee. So I need to differ at some point.

But I really don't understand how the conversation went from my dream device to TCL's concerns about the enterprise market. No offence intended.
    08-28-17 05:51 PM
    Blackberry android is open to any OEM who wants to license it.

Even I can establish a company named ardacell and have the blackberry android if I pay the fee. So I need to differ at some point.

But I really don't understand how the conversation went from my dream device to TCL's concerns about the enterprise market. No offence intended.
    So far, only the three worldwide licencees can use BlackBerry Android - TCL, PT BB Merah Putih, and Optiemus Infracom.

The conditions for using BlackBerry Secure OS are not clear at the moment.
    08-28-17 06:02 PM
    So far, only the three worldwide licencees can use BlackBerry Android - TCL, PT BB Merah Putih, and Optiemus Infracom.

The conditions for using BlackBerry Secure OS are not clear at the moment.
    Nice read.

https://www.google.com.tr/amp/s/www....her-oems%3famp
    08-28-17 07:14 PM
    I'm aware, yes.

But as I said, the details are slim, and the conditions of licencing are unknown.
    08-28-17 07:33 PM
    Where these is smoke there is fire....Bla1ze likely is just trying to take attention away as I'm sure this info wasn't supposed to be out there.
    Not really. I highlighted the one key feature they had in those documents and even told you where to look for it. eg: Previous Alcatel devices. Annnnd as I mentioned, I noted it would be sweet if those features made it to BlackBerry devices in an earlier podcast because I saw the still freshly announced Alcatel A5 had that feature. Hit 54:40. No reason to downplay something that is already widely known to exist lol.

Everything else in those documents pretty much already exists and doesn't really offer much of anything. Personally, I hope it's right because it would be sweet to see Private Mode make its way to BlackBerry devices, not like it doesn't fit into the whole security side of things anyway.

Sidenote: I dunno why everyone got so hot and bothered over the licensing information either, BlackBerry has said from day one of their licensing announcements that that was their plan all along. No one who has been paying attention needed a post from Alex Thurber to know that. It has never been a question of IF they would be doing that, it was always a question of WHO would be doing the licensing because the common conception is that no one would want to license Android from BlackBerry and even less so any version of BlackBerry 10. Chen literally said the same thing Alex Thurber did in that article back during the 2017 AGM.

However, you will hear from, going forward, we will be able to license our technology with even more people in a -- we call it the second program, which are we are going to license part of this software to device manufacturers. They could be making TV or wearables or any of the devices that you will get in contact with on a day-in and day-out basis. But they will not carry BlackBerry brand, but they will carry the BlackBerry technology; in which, we will also get a piece of the royalty on that, going forward. So I think there is a lot of future, positive future of that ahead of us.
    ^^ This was June 21.. but if you go back to March, he was saying the SAME thing then too.

"We are now expanding to the next phase of our licensing program. This will focus on a broader set of end points. What this MIGHT mean and I make no promise, is that you may soon see a BlackBerry tablet and it will also extend into co-branded handsets and IoT and EoT devices. These end points will run on our software and security features and be co-branded 'Secured by BlackBerry'."

"One of our partners are very excited to build a tablet based on Android, and so they wanted us to give them the portfolio rights to do that. I'm interested to do that because I'm going to get royalties for every tablet they ship. I will just leave it at that, and it's not even that, we have to curate it, we have to do a lot of things on with it, so it's not a 100% committed thing but it's gonna come from our partners and BlackBerry will only receive royalty but it's using our software and we do the QA and portfolio management, so I hope that clarifies that point."
    This is why I hate it when people who don't GENUINELY follow BlackBerry write about BlackBerry lol. Someone says something that was said before but since they don't follow BlackBerry all the time, they don't know that it was said before and then all of a sudden becomes 'news' again when really it's old as dirt info just being recycled from someone else's mouth. In this case, Alex Thurber.

People even got all hyped because it mentioned a tablet again. What short attention spans we all have these days.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-28-17 10:12 PM
    Bla1ze is really doing the counter espionage. . My experience led me believe this. Probably not true but I like to think of him as the villain .
    New BlackBerry Juno?-u0f0vk4.jpg
    Matty likes this.
    08-28-17 10:18 PM
    Not really. I highlighted the one key feature they had in those documents and even told you where to look for it. eg: Previous Alcatel devices. Annnnd as I mentioned, I noted it would be sweet if those features made it to BlackBerry devices in an earlier podcast because I saw the still freshly announced Alcatel A5 had that feature. Hit 54:40. No reason to downplay something that is already widely known to exist lol.

Everything else in those documents pretty much already exists and doesn't really offer much of anything. Personally, I hope it's right because it would be sweet to see Private Mode make its way to BlackBerry devices, not like it doesn't fit into the whole security side of things anyway.

Sidenote: I dunno why everyone got so hot and bothered over the licensing information either, BlackBerry has said from day one of their licensing announcements that that was their plan all along. No one who has been paying attention needed a post from Alex Thurber to know that. It has never been a question of IF they would be doing that, it was always a question of WHO would be doing the licensing because the common conception is that no one would want to license Android from BlackBerry and even less so any version of BlackBerry 10. Chen literally said the same thing Alex Thurber did in that article back during the 2017 AGM.
    I agree with all of this. All I was saying is we know more devices are coming as TCL has already openly stated that. I was just saying that even if those in the know right now (possibly CB peeps) likely won't say anything beyond what you are saying.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    08-28-17 10:53 PM
    OK ... how about the waterproof Black version of the KEYone?
    Very difficult to waterproof PKB
    08-28-17 11:22 PM

^^ This was June 21.. but if you go back to March, he was saying the SAME thing then too.

This is why I hate it when people who don't GENUINELY follow BlackBerry write about BlackBerry lol. Someone says something that was said before but since they don't follow BlackBerry all the time, they don't know that it was said before and then all of a sudden becomes 'news' again when really it's old as dirt info just being recycled from someone else's mouth. In this case, Alex Thurber.

People even got all hyped because it mentioned a tablet again. What short attention spans we all have these days.
    Agreed. It's almost as frustrating as people whose idea of business strategy is to build the device they want personally and just sell a lot of them at the price they want to pay to re-conquer the mobile market.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-29-17 01:00 AM
    I'm aware, yes.

But as I said, the details are slim, and the conditions of licencing are unknown.
    The fact is even Samsung can use the Blackberry Android.

You may not know the details and such, but anyone with deep enough pockets may be a licensee. We are talking about Blackberry software not the name.
    08-29-17 05:08 AM
    Very difficult to waterproof PKB
    Clear Gorilla tape?
    08-29-17 06:28 AM
    Is it very hard or harder than slabs?

I remember nokia had a rugged phone back in the day with physical keys (not keyboard). Don't know how much it would add to the cost though.
    08-29-17 06:34 AM
    I'd really like to see a priv 2 with all the new features on other phones ( dual camera infinite screen ) better front cam bigger screen , more ram , bigger battery, finger print sensor I'd pay a lot too , after using the priv I can't see myself using another device tbh , big screen , vkb ,pkb this phone really is all that I need just a little upgrades would be great to have , and I don't mind if the phone gets bulkier
    Sigewif likes this.
    08-29-17 06:37 AM
    I'd really like to see a priv 2 with all the new features on other phones ( dual camera infinite screen ) better front cam bigger screen , more ram , bigger battery, finger print sensor I'd pay a lot too , after using the priv I can't see myself using another device tbh , big screen , vkb ,pkb this phone really is all that I need just a little upgrades would be great to have , and I don't mind if the phone gets bulkier
    Priv was a great thought SD808 and bad build ruined that device unfortunately.

Blackberry Mobile needs to be consistent from now on. Figure out all the devices and their designs and evolve from there. My 2 cents.
    08-29-17 06:45 AM
    Priv was a great thought SD808 and bad build ruined that device unfortunately.

Blackberry Mobile needs to be consistent from now on. Figure out all the devices and their designs and evolve from there. My 2 cents.
    True. But it really isn't that hard to make priv 2 , they made the first one and they know where they messed up .
    Im really hoping for one if not this year, next year
    08-29-17 07:02 AM

You may not know the details and such, but anyone with deep enough pockets may be a licensee. We are talking about Blackberry software not the name.
    We don't know that. We don't really know anything - other than BlackBerry is talking to some parties about some type of tier 2 licencing arrangement that only involves the OS (without the brand).

The existing tier 1 licencing deals may be very restrictive on what tier 2 deals can be made and with whom.
    08-29-17 07:05 AM
    Am I smelling Priv 2?
    No it's the burning flesh from the hand holding the Priv 1.
    ardakca likes this.
    08-29-17 08:13 AM

Not a fact.... possibility.

Pretty sure Samsung is going to stick with KNOX as their Enterprise solution.

Also don't think "deep pockets" is going to be a requirement. Maybe this time Chen will get some upfront and guaranteed money, but most likely it will be just like the current licensing.... Maybe someone like TRI, they have long big on security and privacy for their liquid phones . Plus they already have TCL making their Turing Phones.
    08-29-17 09:50 AM
    Not a fact.... possibility.

Pretty sure Samsung is going to stick with KNOX as their Enterprise solution.

Also don't think "deep pockets" is going to be a requirement. Maybe this time Chen will get some upfront and guaranteed money, but most likely it will be just like the current licensing.... Maybe someone like TRI, they have long big on security and privacy for their liquid phones . Plus they already have TCL making their Turing Phones.
    The fact is Samsung "can" not will .

Well I wonder how will Blackberry keep their updates bug free for all the licensees. It is a hard job. I guess Nougat is better for updates and such.
    08-29-17 10:34 AM
81 1234