anyone heard that BB's coming out with a new version of the Torch with horizontal slide out keyboard -- to be offered by Verizon' to compete with the AT&T Torch?
    03-19-11 01:49 PM
    RIM does hold a patent for a horizontal sliding device. Whether we will see this device in 2012, no one knows, but we know at this time it is not on RIM's CDMA or GSM roadmap for 2011.
    03-19-11 01:58 PM
    Not to spread too much fuel to this issue but I was speaking with a BB employee at the Atlanta airport store yesterday and he mentioned the same thing. He said it's the way they'll get around AT&T's exclusivity with the Torch.

Unfortunately, didn't have a time frame.
    03-22-11 12:53 PM
    I've spoken with those BB folks at the ATL airport. Not sure they know any more than the retail carrier reps know. Could be wrong, but that was my impression.
    04-11-11 11:41 AM
    Check it out. It's what I'm hoping for!!

http://n4bb.com/3183/rim-is-testing-...erry-keyboards
    05-04-11 08:27 AM
    this would be alot more desirable than the current torch keyboard definitely, easier typing, browsing and messaging....whats not to love?
    05-11-11 05:27 AM
    Check it out. It's what I'm hoping for!!

http://n4bb.com/3183/rim-is-testing-...erry-keyboards
    I like what I see
    05-23-11 10:50 PM
    this would be alot more desirable than the current torch keyboard definitely, easier typing, browsing and messaging....whats not to love?
    Not inherently easier typing, all it would mean is that you were forced to always type two-handed on that device and as far as browsing you can already turn a torch on its side to browse.
    05-24-11 03:17 AM
    I like the mockup, needs to have a trackpad on the right hand side for your thumb though. As for the previous comment, sure you can place the device on its side and when you need to type something voila, 3/4 of the screen gone because of the virtual keyboard.
    05-24-11 07:58 AM
    I'd personally love to see this idea come to fruition. I love my storm2, but miss a real physical keyboard and prefer to use the landscape keyboard but don't like how much of the screen real estate it steals. A landscape slider would be great for general use plus you could always use the portrait suretype virtual keyboard when one handed use is needed.
    05-27-11 03:43 PM
    RIM does hold a patent for a horizontal sliding device. Whether we will see this device in 2012, no one knows, but we know at this time it is not on RIM's CDMA or GSM roadmap for 2011.
    OH MY GOSH! I am completely cant wait for it
    06-06-11 12:30 AM
    Seem's like a good concept.
    06-13-11 03:58 PM
    it would be terribly hard to drive and text at the same time with this keyboard
    06-13-11 04:43 PM
    it would be terribly hard to drive and text at the same time with this keyboard
    That made me actually LOL
    06-14-11 07:50 AM
    anyone heard that BB's coming out with a new version of the Torch with horizontal slide out keyboard -- to be offered by Verizon' to compete with the AT&T Torch?
    God.... If this phone already exist, Please Give Me One
    06-16-11 11:54 AM
    Id love it if they actually did that!
    07-06-11 03:53 PM
    I have had to horizontal keyboards. The verizon 6800 I think it was (same as the AT&T Tilt) was ok but the Droid 2 that I have now is horrible. Can't hit the top row of buttons easily and the the worst part is if you are holding it your right hand you can't slide the keyboard out easy. Designed for lefties.
    07-13-11 07:50 AM
    I like what I see
    I would buy one of these right now! This is the ultimate form factor and as a blackberry would rip up the market. Come to Butthead...uh hahaha. uh hahaha.
    08-16-11 12:50 AM
    I like what I see
    I would buy one of these right now! This is the ultimate form factor and as a blackberry would rip up the market. Come to Butthead...uh hahaha. uh hahaha.
    08-16-11 01:00 AM
    I'd go for that one. Just like the Droid and Droid 3, but just a blackberry. I hate how you can't load OS updates and backup your phone to your computer with Droids like you can with a BB, but I like the bigger screen and the slideout keyboard.
    CosmicHeretic likes this.
    08-17-11 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD