07-25-14 07:09 PM
78 123 ...
tools
    Updated: 64-Bit BlackBerry All Touch Manitoba Specifications -

For all those waiting for the successor to the Z30 here it is. Hopefully this will be the one.

Posted via CB10
    xxslxx, tervic and nt300 like this.
    07-20-14 08:04 AM
    Well, specs updated anyway. gotta wait so long for it though
    propeller10 and Blacklatino like this.
    07-20-14 08:07 AM
    Probably fake since Manitoba was the Z3 and Ontario is the Z50

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 08:09 AM
    Well not exactly new also hoping for a better battery I guess I sometimes use my Z30 to it's limit and the passport got 3445 Mah or something
    07-20-14 08:12 AM
    Encouraging, but I'll have to wait and see if they don't:

A. Delay the release so as the specs are no longer relevant. (see all previous bb10 launches as example).

B. Downgrade the specs to get it out sooner / reduce cost, result it going from a wow device to a meh. (See z30 and it's Aristo pre release name specs)

C. Do both and end up completely mucking up the specs. (z10-1 vs other z's. Z30)

Optimistic, but I missing faith.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 09:23 AM

A. Delay the release so as the specs are no longer relevant. (see all previous bb10 launches as example).

B. Downgrade the specs to get it out sooner / reduce cost, result it going from a wow device to a meh. (See z30 and it's Aristo pre release name specs)

C. Do both and end up completely mucking up the specs. (z10-1 vs other z's. Z30)

Posted via CB10
    Remember we are in the hands of John Chen!! Not that guy who worsened us..

He is putting out a BlackBerry Passport with awesome specs!! I believe in John Chen

Posted via CB10
    yciwolf likes this.
    07-20-14 10:06 AM
    Q3 2015? That's a long wait. Wonder what my z30 will be worth then when I trade it in...

Z30 Pooooooooower!
    Sherrod Harris likes this.
    07-20-14 11:10 AM
    Great. I'm glad BlackBerry is taking their time with this and not dumping unnecessary specs on it like 4K 6" screen.

5.2 vs 5" on the Z30 is close enough to remain portable and with 1080p and the Passport as proof, BlackBerry have shown that battery life will be improved.

Yes! I hate how companies created this culture of unnecessary yearly upgrades so good job BlackBerry! I love you.
    07-20-14 11:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Surely you're not suggesting that BlackBerry would delay the release of a software or hardware product!

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.3247
    07-20-14 11:34 AM
    I love these specs, if true, but I see the issue of the long wait for it. those specs sound great now but by that time next year everyone else in the business will have new phones out as well. They need to deal with whatever is making it take them so long to put out new hardware. Also need to deal with what is causing it not to be released. We have yet to see a Z30 that works LTE on AT&T (the STA100-1 I believe).
    07-20-14 12:25 PM

He is putting out a BlackBerry Passport with awesome specs!! I believe in John Chen

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly my fear. Chen may be all for execution and getting them on track to being successful, but all touch is not part of his vision. Passport is a fine device, but it's a niche device- you have to really like qwerty to take that plunge. The classic on the other hand is an even smaller audience - legacy users.

My run on point is Chen is doing well, but not in regards to touch.

Posted via CB10
    BKA22, bp22_ca and lift like this.
    07-20-14 12:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    God another fickle disciple. You mean Heins, the same guy you & just about every other person on cb held up high until he was let go?!!

FYI he's the guy that pushed development for BB10 and got two devices out the door! At an CEO level what have YOU done?!!!! So show a little respect and stop your garbage talk! Not even the former editor in chief of crackberry.com has done what you've just did!

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    grover5 and nelsonningombam like this.
    07-20-14 12:36 PM
    Full HD, interesting. Isn't the passport 1440p?
    07-20-14 12:39 PM
    Oh ffs...

Z3 LTE (Z30-ish spec)- Manitoba
    Passport-spec full touch - Ontario
    This thing - Pipe dream

Posted via CB10
    Bla1ze, 00_Agent, Ecm and 18 others like this.
    07-20-14 01:39 PM
    God another fickle disciple. You mean Heins, the same guy you & just about every other person on cb held up high until he was let go?!!

FYI he's the guy that pushed development for BB10 and got two devices out the door! At an CEO level what have YOU done?!!!! So show a little respect and stop your garbage talk! Not even the former editor in chief of crackberry.com has done what you've just did!

Hahaha I knew who he was.. I must've touch a wound huh? Lol.. I never ever liked Heins and the "chief of bla bla" didn't, because they CAN'T And don't have the balls to admit it!! I'm no expert but seeing how John Chen is moving he IS really making an impact unlike your Wound did! and if making a keyboard help them get back up, so be it!! Whatever it takes.. I respect him for what he did as a man with a vision and a CEO.. that doesn't take away anything though

Still love and will love BlackBerry!! And cheer up. keep moving $!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 01:54 PM
    Oh ffs...

Z3 LTE (Z30-ish spec)- Manitoba
    Passport-spec full touch - Ontario
    This thing - Pipe dream

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 01:54 PM
    Q3 2015? That's a long wait. Wonder what my z30 will be worth then when I trade it in...

Z30 Pooooooooower!
    50 bucks =(
    07-20-14 02:11 PM
    I will take this news with about two tablespoons of salt...(will need water later)
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-20-14 02:37 PM
    This is a dream device, mostly a DREAM though as Thurask said.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-20-14 02:51 PM
    Full HD, interesting. Isn't the passport 1440p?
    Full HD = 1920*1080
    Passport = 1440*1440

2,138400 vs 2,073600 Pixel

So saying 1080p vs 1440p is just half of the story..
    07-20-14 02:56 PM
    Sounds impressive but being over a year away is a century in tech time... as with many things blackberry if they wait that long the device may look underpowered to what the Android smarphones will come up with.by then... problem with long development cycles....
    07-20-14 03:49 PM
    Another smokes and mirrors.
    07-20-14 04:31 PM

Ohhh Come'on dude. All TH wanted to do was sell Blackberry ASAP and make some quick bucks. He screwed Blackberry so hard that its brand took a big hit. Enterprise started to think about leaving BB in droves. He created panic among his existing customers. I have never heard of any CEO openly declaring that their company is on sale. TH was an example of how not to run a company and I bet there will be case studies in Business schools on that. If John Chen can make this company turnaround that will indeed be a big deal. And it seems he is on right track, although I do feel that he didn't price Z3 right in place like India and Philippines. If he priced it around/ below $200, Blackberry could have sold millions of these devices in emerging markets and gain significant market share.
    07-20-14 05:09 PM
    We won't be the first with the 810 processor. You can count on Samsung and LG getting it first.

But by the time the BlackBerry comes out, it was be super late.

This chip is supposed to come out in Q4 2014. Phones with this will most likely come out Q1 2015.

You guys are way too negative.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 08:33 PM
    i stopped reading when it said 4GB of RAM.

also, i could have sworn the Z3's code name was jakarta
    07-21-14 12:04 AM
78 123 ...