New BlackBerry phone in the works?

BlackBerrys capabilities align closely with NantHealths, said Chen in a statement on Tuesday.

The two companies are now working together to develop a new smartphone tailored to the needs of the healthcare sector. The device is likely to get launched late in 2014 or early in 2015, said Jim Mackey, BlackBerrys head of corporate development and strategic planning, in an interview.

We do plan to make the device available for all, but it will be optimized for viewing 3D images and CT scans, said Mackey, adding that the device will also be usable as a regular smartphone, allowing users to view movies, play games or access consumer applications.
    BlackBerry buys minority stake in health care IT firm - The Globe and Mail
    SirJes likes this.
    04-15-14 09:25 AM
    04-15-14 09:31 AM
    Remember all those mock ups of the different healthcare uses the PlayBook would be capable of....

Healthcare is an area where technology is being embraced! And where patient security is paramount!

It's also an area where the iPad is currently dominating....
    lnichols likes this.
    04-15-14 09:42 AM
    Remember all those mock ups of the different healthcare uses the PlayBook would be capable of....
    The differentiator here, of course, is that "The two companies are now working together to develop a new smartphone tailored to the needs of the healthcare sector. John Chen seems willing to explore new partnerships rather than take on an entire project independently.

The CEO of NantHealth, the partner, has deep pockets with a personal net worth of $8 billion. Twice BBRY's current market value. That, and I say this cautiously, could make a difference.
    04-15-14 09:58 AM
    Optimized for viewing 3D images could just mean a powerful GPU and better screen. I would want that device. Who wouldn't. It would be great for gaming.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    04-15-14 10:16 AM
    So is this phone able to scan through people's clothes?
    04-15-14 11:40 AM
    Smelling some thing hot n spicy from BlackBerry finally...yum

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 11:59 AM
    Optimized for viewing 3D images could just mean a powerful GPU and better screen. I would want that device. Who wouldn't. It would be great for gaming.
    Something like this... http://forums.crackberry.com/rumored...2014-a-915478/ :

64-Bit Octa-Core, Quad-Graphics, 4GB 5.2"HD 1080p, 16MP rear/8MP front Camera etc., with unique graphics features that will be available for this device only

I can see that there are more details pointing to the existence or at least at " the work in progress " of a really impressive (hardware wise) device.

Future finally looks promising...!!
    eddy_berry likes this.
    04-15-14 04:13 PM
    Something like this... http://forums.crackberry.com/rumored...2014-a-915478/ :

64-Bit Octa-Core, Quad-Graphics, 4GB 5.2"HD 1080p, 16MP rear/8MP front Camera etc., with unique graphics features that will be available for this device only

I can see that there are more details pointing to the existence or at least at " the work in progress " of a really impressive (hardware wise) device.

Future finally looks promising...!!
    Yaya. Just like that. I really wish that becomes a reality.
    04-15-14 08:14 PM
    When they say "view 3D scans" they don't mean the kind of 3D you see at the movie theater. You're not going to be donning red and blue sci-fi glasses anytime soon.

They're referring to 3D modelled scans which the user can manipulate and rotate on a 2D display. ie: The device has a screen large enough, and GPU powerful enough to easily accomplish this.
    04-15-14 10:08 PM
    Wouldn't it be a game changer if Blackberry was able to make a phone that would be able to project 3D images in a hologram form? I know this is something out of sci-fi, but eventually it will happen. If blackberry was able to outfit their phones with that type of projector lens then they would be a ground breaking company again. They would immediately vault to first place in the industry with everyone trying to get there hands on it.

Sorry, I was just day dreaming.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by trueberrian; 04-16-14 at 10:23 AM.
    04-16-14 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD