Hmm, it will come on the next passport together with a stylus, I suppose

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 02:52 PM
    Yeah, that's why I'm asking (rhetorically): "where's my Z50 ? "

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    I got it. Was just messing around.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 12:12 AM
    Blackberry don't need a all touch right now The slider will be perfect for me can't wait for this one I'm really excited

BBZ30!! Running 10.3.2.680
    05-16-15 03:35 AM
    Blackberry don't need a all touch right now The slider will be perfect for me can't wait for this one I'm really excited

BBZ30!! Running 10.3.2.680
    I agree with you but they will have to keep the thickness of the slider to that of the Z30 or thinner to make it attractive to all touchscreen fans. That way they just keep the slider closed and use it as an all touch device. If it ends up thicker than the Z30 there will be a problem for sure amongst the all touch fans such as myself.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 07:16 AM
    I agree with you but they will have to keep the thickness of the slider to that of the Z30 or thinner to make it attractive to all touchscreen fans. That way they just keep the slider closed and use it as an all touch device. If it ends up thicker than the Z30 there will be a problem for sure amongst the all touch fans such as myself.

Posted via CB10
    No thicker and no loss in battery size/life compare to the Z30. Needs to be zero comprimise!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 10:23 AM
    You guys are kidding me, right? Think of the Z30...by definition you're asking that either the screen or the body (obviously the screen) be < half the thickness of the Z. How fragile will that be?

No thanks. Give me a sturdy device with a kickass battery please. This obsession with thinness is beyond ridiculous. Why do you suppose the paper thin slab crowd is forever needing to replace their screen? Who cares what it looks like...it's a phone, not a fashion statement.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 11:06 AM
    Perfect Z30 successor would keep the same size screen because it's perfect for one-handed use. What BlackBerry really ought to do is buy beleaguered Sharp, so that it has a steady stream of great displays for its devices.
    05-16-15 11:11 AM
    You guys are kidding me, right? Think of the Z30...by definition you're asking that either the screen or the body (obviously the screen) be < half the thickness of the Z. How fragile will that be?

No thanks. Give me a sturdy device with a kickass battery please. This obsession with thinness is beyond ridiculous. Why do you suppose the paper thin slab crowd is forever needing to replace their screen? Who cares what it looks like...it's a phone, not a fashion statement.

Posted via CB10
    The Z30 is not thin by today's standards, it is actually on the thick side. I don't mind the Z30 as it is, even though it is heavier and thicker than the competition. I don't want anything thicker and heavier than the Z30 though. If that is the successor to the Z30, a fat heavy pig of a device with to accommodate a PKB and slide mechanism that will just break eventually and are completely unnecessary for people that don't want the PKB or sliding mechanism, then BlackBerry should just release the specs now so those of us they don't want to keep as customers can start researching the GS6 and wait for the iP6s/7 to bail on this clown show.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 04:36 PM
    The slider is going to make a very good high-end all touch so people stop bitchin about all touch the slider is going to have very good specs I'm a big fan of all touch device I never use a keyboard blackberry before and this will be my first chance to use one if I want

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-16-15 07:12 PM
    The Z30 is not thin by today's standards, it is actually on the thick side. I don't mind the Z30 as it is, even though it is heavier and thicker than the competition. I don't want anything thicker and heavier than the Z30 though. If that is the successor to the Z30, a fat heavy pig of a device with to accommodate a PKB and slide mechanism that will just break eventually and are completely unnecessary for people that don't want the PKB or sliding mechanism, then BlackBerry should just release the specs now so those of us they don't want to keep as customers can start researching the GS6 and wait for the iP6s/7 to bail on this clown show.

Posted via CB10
    But what I'm saying is would you really choose lightness/thinness over a bigger battery? I mean I get not wanting to hold Webster's Dictionary up to your head to talk on. But I'd take the bigger battery every time. Even the thickest/heaviest current devices aren't thick or heavy.

And yea I agree, if I was looking for an all touch I'd probably bail too. BB10 is nice, but everybody makes slab phones, and I could have one now with more apps and better specs than what BlackBerry will give me when they finally pop one out sometime next year.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 09:00 PM
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-slider-ye...cuzComfirm=yes

For those saying it will be too thick. Supposedly the thickness will be very thin and if you all touch you won't even know the slider is there. the specs will be pretty hard-core as well. I think people are rushing to conclusions with this phone as they did with the passport. Everyone mocked it when it got leaked, but it actually came out it sold pretty well and got a lot of attention. Let's give it a chance and see what BlackBerry will unveil with this slider. BlackBerry and Samsung worked together on this phone its plain and simple to see that. Curved screen, which BlackBerry said will incorporate new software features to make use of the curved screen. Should be interesting!

Posted via CB10
    What are you talking about? Passport sales have been abysmal!

I've never even seen another one in the wild... and that includes much time working with Fortune 100 and 500 companies.

So much for Enterprise.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 09:07 PM
    Personally I don't think we will ever see a refreshed z10. The market has moved away from devices with small screens.

If we reduce bezel sizes we could see a 5" phone with a smaller form factor, something g closer to the z10

Posted via CB10
    Actually... very reputable rumors point for next iteration of iPhone including a smaller 4-ish inch screen again.

BlackBerry would be foolish not to pay attention... 2006 all over again...

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 10:05 PM
    No thicker and no loss in battery size/life compare to the Z30. Needs to be zero comprimise!

Posted via CB10
    This is BlackBerry we're talking about here....

Z30 / STA100-5 /10.3.1.1784 (no more double-typing Q10).
    05-16-15 10:43 PM
    I think the thickness will be that of the Z30. I'm fine with that. Any thinner and we run into bending phone problems. I want a sturdy and solid device but I also don't want a thick heavy slab either. I'm curious what BlackBerry will do this baby! Based on pics so far it looks pretty thin, but those are just renderings.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 09:00 AM
    Man, I'm pretty spoiled with my Note 3. I have the BB Passport, but since my SIM card stopped being found on the device 2 months ago , I've started using the Note 3 as my daily driver. I would LOVE for BlackBerry to make a BlackBerry NOTE. I mean BlackBerry means Business and having a Big Phone with high end specs such as: long lasting battery life of 3,800 mah, 5.5 to 5.7" inch screen, Natural Sound, Front Speakers, Expandable SD Card, 16 MP rear camera, 8 MP Front facing camera, BlackBerry Stylus Pen with the Note 4 S Pen features, BlackBerry Hub, their famous virtual keyboard, and much more. THIS would be a Beast of a phone and I'd LOVE to own one.
    05-23-15 09:33 PM
    The Z30 would be you best bet! It's specs are still on par. It runs almost as good as the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    If the Z30 is really almost as fast as the Passport then there is no hope for BlackBerry :-(
    I' m using the Z30 and can't really recommend it with latest OS 10.3.xxx. It's much slower than 10.2.xxx. The worst example: it takes 3 - 5 seconds from pressing the dial button to the call. And there are much more examples, not talking about Android apps that also slowed down significantly.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 08:06 AM
    If the Z30 is really almost as fast as the Passport then there is no hope for BlackBerry :-(
    I' m using the Z30 and can't really recommend it with latest OS 10.3.xxx. It's much slower than 10.2.xxx. The worst example: it takes 3 - 5 seconds from pressing the dial button to the call. And there are much more examples, not talking about Android apps that also slowed down significantly.

Posted via CB10
    I would reload the OS. I had a lot of issues, even the one you are describing, and finally got sick of it and did an OS reload via Link this past Friday, and it had fixed a ton of issues. We shouldn't have to do this, but it is clear that BlackBerry didn't put much QA into 10.3 on the Z30.

Posted via Z30
    05-25-15 01:43 PM
    I would reload the OS. I had a lot of issues, even the one you are describing, and finally got sick of it and did an OS reload via Link this past Friday, and it had fixed a ton of issues. We shouldn't have to do this, but it is clear that BlackBerry didn't put much QA into 10.3 on the Z30.

Posted via Z30
    I second this. A clean (BB Link) OS install fixed a lot of those weird issues on the Q10 and Playbook.

When I got my Z30 a few weeks ago, it shipped with 10.2.x, and almost immediately after first power-up went to update the OS. I let it complete, but did a clean OS install through BB Link anyway, having had such poor experiences with OS updates in the past.

I'm pleased to report that my Z30's running without any issues.
    05-25-15 02:05 PM
    I hope they make the slider in a none keyboard option. It's really not needed soft keyboard is more than fine

Posted via CB10
    In that case it wouldn't be a slider anymore...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-25-15 02:28 PM
    What are you talking about? Passport sales have been abysmal!

I've never even seen another one in the wild... and that includes much time working with Fortune 100 and 500 companies.

So much for Enterprise.

Posted via CB10
    At least blackberry is making a profit on the passport, unlike the Z10 and Q10. Maybe blackberry will never release a high end touchscreen device that share the same the same specs as other flagship devices. I expect that blackberry will be a processor behind current flagship if a touchscreen device is release, but it all depends on what the slider is release with. I bet whatever hardware is inside of the slider, you can expect it to be the same for the all touch devices that should be release next year in 2016.
    05-25-15 03:37 PM
70 123