05-25-15 02:37 PM
70 123
tools
    And Z10

I'd love to see Z10 and Z30 successors, but it doesn't seem to be the direction BB is heading with their "Enterprise" focus. I'm guessing they see a high-end all-touch phone as a consumer device.
    Personally I don't think we will ever see a refreshed z10. The market has moved away from devices with small screens.

If we reduce bezel sizes we could see a 5" phone with a smaller form factor, something g closer to the z10

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 07:48 AM
    Let't revisit the upcoming Slider BB10 device. To cater to the Full touch and physical keyboard fans. The rumoured specs look amazing so far.

BlackBerry 10 Slider - High End Specs

Snapdragon 810, 64-Bit Processor
    3GB Ram
    32GB Inbuilt, Plus 128GB MicroSD
    3850 mAH Non-Removable Battery
    16MP Rear/5MP Front Camera w/ 1080p Video
    BlackBerry unveils new BlackBerry 10 slider Smartphone
    04-22-15 10:11 AM
    I think we should establish a definition of a Crackberry All-Touch Blackberry - a slider that is closed.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-22-15 11:06 AM
    I doubt very much we'll see a high end all-touch device as it would compete along side a gaggle of high end all-touch devices, including the Apple 6+ and the S6. However, we might see all-touch Passport as it would play to a niche of large format, unique and non-mainstream buyer. Further, it could be produced fairly quickly and inexpensively as the design form factor is already in existence.

A device to compete with the "big boys" would be like painting a target on Blackberry's back.
    04-26-15 10:08 PM
    I doubt very much we'll see a high end all-touch device as it would compete along side a gaggle of high end all-touch devices, including the Apple 6+ and the S6. However, we might see all-touch Passport as it would play to a niche of large format, unique and non-mainstream buyer. Further, it could be produced fairly quickly and inexpensively as the design form factor is already in existence.

A device to compete with the "big boys" would be like painting a target on Blackberry's back.
    That's fine, but it is needed now! Not might, not coming soon, now! You have your first big wave of BB10 users in the Z10 coming off contract. All touch is your biggest BB10 base and they are being ignored. I'd buy an all touch Passport, but instead they have to make an AT&T version, an Oslo version, a Porsche version. It's like they are thinking they can make this form factor sell well if that's all they make, oh and a white Classic, so business like.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    04-27-15 06:34 AM
    That's fine, but it is needed now! Not might, not coming soon, now! You have your first big wave of BB10 users in the Z10 coming off contract. All touch is your biggest BB10 base and they are being ignored. I'd buy an all touch Passport, but instead they have to make an AT&T version, an Oslo version, a Porsche version. It's like they are thinking they can make this form factor sell well if that's all they make, oh and a white Classic, so business like.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    I agree. Me and my wife are coming off contract soon and we have Z10's. Got them when they first came out. I'm intrigued by the slider but I wonder how thick it will be. Some are saying the thickness of the Z30. If that's the case I think it will be ok, just never use the slider and use as full touch all the time. Will have to wait and see. Anything with just a keyboard won't suffice for me or my wife. I hope BlackBerry does something because there will be a big wave of Z10 owners wanting to upgrade. But I think the next big thing will be the slider! I can't see this being released this year, or I could be wrong. Will have to wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 08:02 AM
    I'd rather have a larger battery instead of the space used for the slider. Not all full touch device owners want a slider.

Awaiting the next flagship full touch.
    mundo472 and crackberry_geek like this.
    04-28-15 12:49 PM
    I would love the Z50 to be like the Z30 but slightly smaller and lighter, with an AMOLED screen that can be brightened in sun light, and a better camera.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    04-28-15 06:35 PM
    No new high end touch only devices are planned to be released, at least this year. The Slider isn't touch only.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 08:37 PM
    No new high end touch only devices are planned to be released, at least this year. The Slider isn't touch only.

Posted via CB10
    And might not be out this year.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-28-15 08:57 PM
    And might not be out this year.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Chen just confirmed that it would be out at the end of the year.

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-c...d-new-products

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 06:58 AM
    Chen just confirmed that it would be out at the end of the year.

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-c...d-new-products

Posted via CB10
    Yes and at MWC he said 4 devices, and is now down to two. His conviction the this year didn't sound reassuring to me. Point is things change, especially now in BlackBerry's hardware division. Watch the interview for yourself though instead of reading about it.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-29-15 07:43 AM
    Yes and at MWC he said 4 devices, and is now down to two. His conviction the this year didn't sound reassuring to me. Point is things change, especially now in BlackBerry's hardware division. Watch the interview for yourself though instead of reading about it.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    BlackBerry Leap: March 2015
    BlackBerry Slider: October 2015
    P'9984: (Early) December 2015
    BlackBerry Oslo: Jan 2016

My guess. It seems like it's years away, and I wish it was sooner but I guess BlackBerry want it perfect before they release.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    04-29-15 10:53 AM

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    I did watch it, don't be a jerk.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 12:29 PM
    I did watch it, don't be a jerk.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't mean to sound like a jerk, it is just many articles are saying now end of year, but in actually hearing it from Chen's mouth I didn't hear 100% confidence when he was pressed on it.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-29-15 12:43 PM
    October 2015 is not too bad. Glad I picked up a z30 back in November to hold me over!

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 04:37 PM
    I hope they make the slider in a none keyboard option. It's really not needed soft keyboard is more than fine

Posted via CB10
    Then it wouldn't be a slider anymore

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-29-15 04:42 PM
    By definition a slider is thicker than an all touch device.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    And thank god for that cause all touch phones these days are way too thin

04-29-15 04:48 PM
    And thank god for that cause all touch phones these days are way too thin

And they bend...hmm what would be a good name for a curved BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 10:03 AM
    And they bend...hmm what would be a good name for a curved BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry Curve...

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    05-02-15 11:54 PM
    All that is needed is a full touchscreen Passport version. I have measured the current keyboard version and if you were to build such a device it would measure 5.5 inches corner to corner.

The specs could stay the same apart from the screen. BlackBerry could change the screen from a LCD screen to an OLED one.

Minimal cost. I would buy it would you?

Posted via CB10
    pepa1 likes this.
    05-04-15 12:58 PM
    Where's my Z50 ?

05-08-15 08:57 PM
    Where's my Z50 ?

I'm fairly certain you don't have a z50.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 06:03 PM
    I'm fairly certain you don't have a z50.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that's why I'm asking (rhetorically): "where's my Z50 ? "

05-13-15 04:24 PM
    I would love the Z50 to be like the Z30 but slightly smaller and lighter, with an AMOLED screen that can be brightened in sun light, and a better camera.

There is no Z50

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 10:10 PM
70 123