06-06-14 03:11 PM
290 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Well if there won't be a new touch screen I will strongly consider the q20 and q30 (as long as it's not that big ugly thing) once they are released to replace my z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 12:52 PM
    If this turns out to be true it will be difficult for me to stay with BlackBerry. The only reason why I am sticking to BlackBerry is the BB10 OS, the efficiency it provides for communication, and the security. All of their current devices are just average for everything else. My Nexus 5 is twice as good as the Z30 pure performance wise. KitKat 4.4.2 runs smoother than BB10 and the screen is substantially better. The Z30 can tout...well...battery life. Yes, it is an important factor but I can also get monster battery life with a LG G2. Even the rumored 5+" iPhone is starting to look appealing. BlackBerry better step things up for touchscreen or they will be further relegated to nothing. I really do not get why we are going back in time.

If it turns out that iOS 8 moves to gestures as rumored, introduces an equivalent of the HUB, improves the keyboard, and Apple releases a large screen format phone with a full HD screen or better I'm most likely making the switch. Alternatively, Android may get some of the key features of BB10 before Apple does in which case they may be an option too. I swore many years ago never to make the switch but BlackBerry is really making it difficult for me to stay with them. The Z30 may be good by 2012 standards, but it is hardly an up to date device for 2014+. Also, after experiencing unaltered Android experience on the Nexus 5 I have to admit that BB10 could use extra horse power.
    This (wo)man speaks the truth! I'm here for BB10, the Hub, etc. But that's probably not going to keep me on my Z10 all year when I see all these other cool devices coming out. I sure hope to see a wicked cool new all-touch BlackBerry because it'd be sad to go back to android, which is most likely where I'd land.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 01:56 PM
    The thing is, I'm not clear where N4BB's previous story came from. As far as I've understood, the next few phones from BB will "focus" on keyboards, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're EXCLUSIVELY kb phones.

Has specific, definite word come out that there is no other touch device aside from the Z3?
    I agree, with the direction toward health devices who knows what Mr Chen has up his sleeve (other than his arm of course)
    04-17-14 02:24 PM
    I would like to know where you got your business degree.

Aka S.Jizzle Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141
    More interestingly can you tell us where John Chen got his business degree from?

The point is the world's moved on. The opportunity that made them a major success 10 years back has long gone.
    BB_Jay likes this.
    04-17-14 02:28 PM
    I agree, with the direction toward health devices who knows what Mr Chen has up his sleeve (other than his arm of course)
    QNX has been working in the Health Sector for years.... The PlayBook was suppose to able to do all sorts of wonderful things in the Health field.
    04-17-14 02:33 PM
    Why do I need to talk numbers when we both know the 5C sold more phones than BlackBerry ever sold since BB10`s inception. This "well numbers! and it`s a flop!" can stop because it`s not a good look.
    Because if your going to make an absolute statement as if it was a fact you need a fact to verify it. Hence actual sales numbers.

As I've said before anecdotal stories are just that anecdotal. They are one persons view/perception of the world immediately around them. I would be just as wrong if I stated they sold less than bb10 just because I've seen more z10's than 5c's. Without numbers I'm just guessing but my original point still stands;for Apple it was a flop.
    I think we'll know if any of our predictions are accurate if they decide to no longer make a 5c or a 6c in the coming year.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 06:04 PM
    Because if your going to make an absolute statement as if it was a fact you need a fact to verify it. Hence actual sales numbers.

As I've said before anecdotal stories are just that anecdotal. They are one persons view/perception of the world immediately around them. I would be just as wrong if I stated they sold less than bb10 just because I've seen more z10's than 5c's. Without numbers I'm just guessing but my original point still stands;for Apple it was a flop.
    I think we'll know if any of our predictions are accurate if they decide to no longer make a 5c or a 6c in the coming year.

Posted via CB10
    Not anecdotal, also carriers release what are the best selling phones, but they never do specific numbers, no one does (carrier or OEM). We do know for a fact that the 5C was out of 3 best selling smartphone across the big 4 carriers, and that every year iPhones make up to or at least half or more of all smartphone cellphones on all four big carriers as well. It was a flop in the expectations, but we all know it sold millions, the question is how many millions? But going by what Apple has said in the past, the 5C definitely didn't meet their expectations or market analysts.

Sent from my XT907 using CB Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails N4BB: No New High End Touch in 2014-1397773412193.jpg  
    04-17-14 06:26 PM
    Not anecdotal, also carriers release what are the best selling phones, but they never do specific numbers, no one does (carrier or OEM). We do know for a fact that the 5C was out of 3 best selling smartphone across the big 4 carriers, and that every year iPhones make up to or at least half or more of all smartphone cellphones on all four big carriers as well. It was a flop in the expectations, but we all know it sold millions, the question is how many millions? But going by what Apple has said in the past, the 5C definitely didn't meet their expectations or market analysts.

Sent from my XT907 using CB Forums mobile app
    You said it "by what apple has said in the past,the 5c DEFINITELY DID NOT MEET THEIR EXPECTATIONS or market analysts"

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 08:23 PM
    Most people do not want a keyboard phone!!!! What are people not understanding. Regular consumers, which blackberry supposedly no longer cares about, abandoned pk phones as soon as the all touch craze began years ago. Prosumers/Enterprise taste quickly followed suit, hence the BYOD craze. BlackBerry already owns the physical keyboard market and how is that working for them. They are on the brink of insolvency!!! OK maybe not that bad yet.

I love BlackBerry and have been a loyal user since 2007. I love my Z10. I want a Z30 ,but I will probably not pull the trigger on it in anticipation of another high end all touch coming someday. I will never go back to a physical keyboard after using the amazing keyboard on my Z. Ever. Please BlackBerry put out more all touch phones. Continue the keyboard phones as you always have, but please please please make more all touch phones!!! And soon

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by trueberrian; 04-18-14 at 06:51 AM.
    BB_Jay likes this.
    04-17-14 09:15 PM
    First of all, if you read the N4BB article that started this thread, you'll see that it's admittedly an opinion piece (read the comments) and not hard news. It's the crappy journalism at N4BB that keeps referring to it as though it is hard, reliable news that is causing confusion. Also, the author is unclear whether he is citing a source or just pulling the piece out of his you-know-what. I'm guessing the latter.

I think and hope that the Z50 is coming out in the 3rd quarter 2014 as initially reported by numerous publications in November 2013 (Google it). I think that the reason for all the rumor mongering of "no Z50" is that confirmed word of the Z50's launch in a few months would absolutely kill nearly ALL sales of the Q20/30, the Z10, and the Z30 for the first and second quarters of 2014 and cause massive price drop in that already distressed inventory. Of course this happens to all smartphone manufacturers when new hero devices are announced, which is why they wait until the last minute to announce the new device's specs, launch date, etc.

So, Chen wants to launch the improved Q series device Q2 of this year, but he knows the all touch Z's generally out-sell the Q's. So, what happens if he leaks word of the Z50? "No sales" happens, that's what! Everyone waits for the new hero device; I know I would, wouldn't you?

This would explain two interesting facts. First, it would explain the spec leaks that came with the 10.3 leak, which totally support the Z50 being reality. More importantly, it would explain WHY CHEN WAS SO UPSET that those specs came out and launched his war on leakers. He knows how dangerous confirmation of the Z50 would be, and he has a quarterly report due before the Z50 would likely hit shelves. If, as someone suggested, the Z50 were cancelled the day after the 10.3 leak, then I doubt Chen would care so much over a moot point.

Sent from my BB Z10 running OS 10.3.0.140.
    Big Rob 673 and BB_Jay like this.
    04-17-14 10:09 PM
    First of all, if you read the N4BB article that started this thread, you'll see that it's admittedly an opinion piece (read the comments) and not hard news. It's the crappy journalism at N4BB that keeps referring to it as though it is hard, reliable news that is causing confusion. Also, the author is unclear whether he is citing a source or just pulling the piece out of his you-know-what. I'm guessing the latter.

I think and hope that the Z50 is coming out in the 3rd quarter 2014 as initially reported by numerous publications in November 2013 (Google it). I think that the reason for all the rumor mongering of "no Z50" is that confirmed word of the Z50's launch in a few months would absolutely kill nearly ALL sales of the Q20/30, the Z10, and the Z30 for the first and second quarters of 2014 and cause massive price drop in that already distressed inventory. Of course this happens to all smartphone manufacturers when new hero devices are announced, which is why they wait until the last minute to announce the new device's specs, launch date, etc.

So, Chen wants to launch the improved Q series device Q2 of this year, but he knows the all touch Z's generally out-sell the Q's. So, what happens if he leaks word of the Z50? "No sales" happens, that's what! Everyone waits for the new hero device; I know I would, wouldn't you?

This would explain two interesting facts. First, it would explain the spec leaks that came with the 10.3 leak, which totally support the Z50 being reality. More importantly, it would explain WHY CHEN WAS SO UPSET that those specs came out and launched his war on leakers. He knows how dangerous confirmation of the Z50 would be, and he has a quarterly report due before the Z50 would likely hit shelves. If, as someone suggested, the Z50 were cancelled the day after the 10.3 leak, then I doubt Chen would care so much over a moot point.

Somehow dude...I believe in what you said..makes sense to me.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 05:11 AM
    I have a friend who worked at BB on a co-op work term, and has openly told me and a few other friends to refrain from getting the Z30, because a kick-*** touchscreen phone is on its way. I trust my friend and everything, but hearing things like this has to make you wonder whether or not the phone he was talking about got scrapped...
    Wow... that would be great! I love the Z30, but I'd really like to see the Z50 come out! If it's even better than the Z30, it will be a real category-killer!!

Posted using my Z30
    04-18-14 08:50 AM

This is an interesting opinion but deeply flawed.

John Chen has stated in at least three public releases/interviews that there will be a high end touch screen. He has not given a firm release date although sources claim late 2014 or early 2015.

His diatribe on leakers is much simpler than people make it out to be. All companies need to protect the brand perception and IP. These leaks can cause public perceptions of unfinished updates and it also give competitors a look at emerging technologies before it is official and allows them time to beat it to the market thereby wasting financial and manpower resources.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-18-14 08:50 AM
    John Chen has stated in at least three public releases/interviews that there will be a high end touch screen. He has not given a firm release date although sources claim late 2014 or early 2015.
    If it does happen (which is highly unlikely) it'll likely be Summer 2015. The technology will be outdated by the time it's released.
    04-20-14 10:09 AM
    If it does happen (which is highly unlikely) it'll likely be Summer 2015. The technology will be outdated by the time it's released.
    The Apple iPhone 5s and 5c were both obsolete even before they were released, what with their teeny tiny screens, useless keyboards, and lousy batteries. The Z30 remains way ahead.

Posted using my Z30
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    04-20-14 11:47 AM
    The Apple iPhone 5s and 5c were both obsolete even before they were released, what with their teeny tiny screens, useless keyboards, and lousy batteries. The Z30 remains way ahead.

Posted using my Z30
    I guess Apple are laughing all the way to the bank then.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    04-20-14 12:53 PM
    You said it "by what apple has said in the past,the 5c DEFINITELY DID NOT MEET THEIR EXPECTATIONS or market analysts"

Posted via CB10
    So it still sold a lot of units. What`s the argument here?
    04-20-14 02:56 PM
    I guess Apple are laughing all the way to the bank then.

Haven't they always, in the last decade? Lol...

For the price of a Mac you could ALWAYS build a PC running Windows that had better specs. 100% of the time. This is even more true today, given the low price of video cards and LCD screens compared to several years ago.

Laptops are often a crap shoot on chassis quality, but as far as hardware many Windows laptops are cheaper and more powerful than Macs.

Apple excels at taking people's money.
    04-23-14 10:47 AM
    Haven't they always, in the last decade? Lol...

For the price of a Mac you could ALWAYS build a PC running Windows that had better specs. 100% of the time. This is even more true today, given the low price of video cards and LCD screens compared to several years ago.

Laptops are often a crap shoot on chassis quality, but as far as hardware many Windows laptops are cheaper and more powerful than Macs.

Apple excels at taking people's money.
    That's what I hate about Apple. Spending hundreds to get more memory in an iPhone when for $20 I can get a microSD with twice as much capacity. Their annoying propriety chargers etc.

I ever I did have to drop BlackBerry it wouldn't be for Apple.

04-23-14 10:53 AM
    That article is BS, it doesn't quote Chen as saying that.

He has previously stated that there would be a high end touch screen device this year. Until he says there won't be one this year I'm going to believe the direct quote that there will.
    04-23-14 12:44 PM
    That article is BS, it doesn't quote Chen as saying that.

He has previously stated that there would be a high end touch screen device this year. Until he says there won't be one this year I'm going to believe the direct quote that there will.
    I don't recall Chen having said that at all. Source?

04-23-14 04:39 PM
    I don't recall Chen having said that at all. Source?

Mobile World Congress Barcelona

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    04-23-14 04:51 PM
    Mobile World Congress Barcelona

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Thanks, I knew I read it but didn't have time to find the articles.
    04-23-14 04:54 PM
    Why would they hold a device, not release it, and not update the original plans? Not a great idea.
    04-23-14 04:55 PM
    Why would they hold a device, not release it, and not update the original plans? Not a great idea.
    Because they've done it before. Many times.
    04-23-14 05:45 PM
290 ... 56789 ...