06-06-14 02:11 PM
290 ... 9101112
tools
    Let's face it Chen is fixated on physical keyboards and enterprise, he's trying to turn the clock back to 2005 and pretend nothings changed.
    Chen's first goal is to get investors and people who make device and MDM buying decisions to be absolutely confident in the stability of BlackBerry Ltd.

Releasing a full slab superphone does absolutely positively nothing at all period full stop to support that goal.

I applaud Chen for identifying the most important business issues and solving them first. I also believe 99% of the "if I don't see a new full screen blackberry superphone in 2014 I'll switch to Android" have absolutely positively no intention period full stop of actually doing that, so Chen responding to "empty threats" would be embarrassing for a CEO who has to right the ship before he worries that the shrimp cocktail sauce is running low.
    05-14-14 10:54 AM
    Then you're deluded. Sorry but true.

BlackBerry isn't a status symbol and isn't considered a premium device at the moment. Trying to price them in the same range as other premium devices is ludicrous. It's a major reason BlackBerry is having trouble right now. They need to accept their current situation and adjust accordingly. So do you.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Thank you. Don't apologise for the truth as you see it, unless you doubt that it's the real truth.. or your apology is more just a decoration of the statement..

Well according to this definition it is..
    N4BB: No New High End Touch in 2014-img_20140514_172709.png

'accept their situation' that's how people stay st the bottom, the people who rise to the top see those who don't accept their situation and strive for higher things..

If they launch the high end devices with a near perfect marketing campaign , incorporating this;
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10309352
    and other ideas thus adding value to the brand, then the devices will sell at a same or similar price as competitors, as you will have created demand..

Rather than just sitting on their thumbs whislt their profits margins dwindle meaning less profits to reinvest in developing the high end products in the first place..

Check Out TechCraze
    05-14-14 11:32 AM
    I also believe 99% of the "if I don't see a new full screen blackberry superphone in 2014 I'll switch to Android" have absolutely positively no intention period full stop of actually doing that, so Chen responding to "empty threats" would be embarrassing for a CEO who has to right the ship before he worries that the shrimp cocktail sauce is running low.
    Uhm, I don't understand why you think further customer defections from BlackBerry are "empty threats" given the horrendous market share trends and the compelling hardware/software products offered by competitors. We can be sure that some BlackBerry customers will leave because there is no high-end all-touch smartphone to appeal to buyers who are looking for that type of device.

This truth is considered so obvious that every other smartphone competitor will market a high end all-touch flagship smartphone this year. But not BlackBerry.

I honestly believe the Z50 should be a top priority device for BlackBerry. I mentioned in a previous post how OnePlus, public only since late last year, is already producing a high spec Android device for $300, so it can be done.

The real danger is that Google and Apple are not just standing by while the Z50 faces an uncertain future. They will use this time to make it even harder for the Z50 to catch up.

Bring on the Z50!

Posted via Z-10 100-3 running10.3.0.296
    Last edited by eyesopen1111; 05-15-14 at 01:01 AM.
    05-15-14 12:48 AM
    Not in developed markets.. people like expensive things there they see them as more valuable.. so BlackBerry needs to add value to the brand rather than just relying on low prices to sell the phone..

Market share they can regain in developing markets from low prices

Check Out TechCraze
    Your argument makes sense. However, the fact remains that they have tried, and failed (repeatedly), with this strategy.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 02:31 AM
    Your argument makes sense. However, the fact remains that they have tried, and failed (repeatedly), with this strategy.

Posted via CB10
    They only need to do it right once, and now is the time Chen is driving that value with enterprise customers, now he needs to carry that over to. Consumers

Check Out TechCraze
    05-15-14 02:52 AM
    Looking at the chipsets, it seems Z3 is the new flagship !

Snapdragon 400 (in Z3) is lot more promising than Snapdragon S4 (in Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30 & P9982) & Snapdragon 200 (never used in any BlackBerry smartphone)
    05-15-14 03:56 PM

Snapdragon 400 (in Z3) is lot more promising than Snapdragon S4 (in Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30 & P9982) & Snapdragon 200 (never used in any BlackBerry smartphone)
    Not this version of it

Check Out TechCraze
    05-16-14 01:10 AM
    Thank you. Don't apologise for the truth as you see it, unless you doubt that it's the real truth.. or your apology is more just a decoration of the statement..

Well according to this definition it is..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140514_172709.png 
Views:	623 
Size:	184.6 KB 
ID:	270532

'accept their situation' that's how people stay st the bottom, the people who rise to the top see those who don't accept their situation and strive for higher things..

If they launch the high end devices with a near perfect marketing campaign , incorporating this;
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10309352
    and other ideas thus adding value to the brand, then the devices will sell at a same or similar price as competitors, as you will have created demand..

Rather than just sitting on their thumbs whislt their profits margins dwindle meaning less profits to reinvest in developing the high end products in the first place..

Check Out TechCraze
    You're one of the few that still look on BlackBerry as a status symbol. Few people are still buying BlackBerry and under the assumption that it shows their power, prestige, and wealth.

05-17-14 11:09 AM
    I also believe 99% of the "if I don't see a new full screen blackberry superphone in 2014 I'll switch to Android" have absolutely positively no intention period full stop of actually doing that.
    The issue isn't whether they will leave BlackBerry if the device isn't launched by 11:59PM on December 31, 2014.

The issue is that they are saying that when they are eligible for a new device if their isn't a new touch BlackBerry then they will look at other products. And if they are already eligible then they won't wait much longer than the end of the year.

I'm in that group. If there isn't a new touch device on the horizon when it comes time for me to renew I'll definitely be looking at other options.

BlackBerry simply can't afford to lose any more of their current clients.

MAJ009 likes this.
    05-17-14 11:14 AM
    The issue isn't whether they will leave BlackBerry if the device isn't launched by 11:59PM on December 31, 2014.

The issue is that they are saying that when they are eligible for a new device if their isn't a new touch BlackBerry then they will look at other products. And if they are already eligible then they won't wait much longer than the end of the year.

I'm in that group. If there isn't a new touch device on the horizon when it comes time for me to renew I'll definitely be looking at other options.

BlackBerry simply can't afford to lose any more of their current clients.

All the more reason to come up with a super specced device that appeals not only to us(those who have to get a new touch device and are eligible at the end of their contract) but also those from the other platforms looking for something new so as to make the device a success.

Beware - MAJ on Z10 !!!
    05-17-14 11:31 AM
    All the more reason to come up with a super specced device that appeals not only to us(those who have to get a new touch device and are eligible at the end of their contract) but also those from the other platforms looking for something new so as to make the device a success.

Beware - MAJ on Z10 !!!
    Absolutely!

MAJ009 likes this.
    05-17-14 01:02 PM

Not all Snapdragon 400s are faster than Snapdragon S4s, especially not the S4 Pros. The one in the Z3 is significantly slower than the one in the Z10. The Z3's processor is actually the same as the one in the Q5. Qualcomm merely rebranded the S4 processor.

Snapdragon 400 is pretty confusing. We have really fast ones like in the Lumia 1320 and really slow ones like in the Q5. Overall, it was bad branding decision by Qualcomm.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 05-17-14 at 01:22 PM.
    05-17-14 01:09 PM
    Not all Snapdragon 400s are faster than Snapdragon S4s, especially not the S4 Pros. The one in the Z3 is significantly slower than the one in the Z10.
    Yeah I agree. I don't think that the Z3 is a flagship device any way you look at it.

tinochiko likes this.
    05-17-14 01:14 PM
    Bad news thats mean i am stuck with my iPhone 5S

Sent from my iPhone 5S using CB Forums
    05-18-14 05:04 AM
    Really diappointing, sry BlackBerry but can't stick to my old z10 technology or even the z30 till 2015/2016, to get another Device its really bad for me, as time is going forward the z10 and z30 technology is getting older and incompatible with the time, I may consider moving to another platform, actually I don't wish that, but if I've to wait that long, I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Amazing z10. But stupid battery
    05-19-14 05:41 PM
    Really diappointing, sry BlackBerry but can't stick to my old z10 technology or even the z30 till 2015/2016, to get another Device its really bad for me, as time is going forward the z10 and z30 technology is getting older and incompatible with the time, I may consider moving to another platform, actually I don't wish that, but if I've to wait that long, I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Exactly. That's the problem for BlackBerry with waiting too long between devices. People are going to start thinking about other devices.

Hussein Z10 likes this.
    05-19-14 08:51 PM
    That's the problem for BlackBerry with waiting too long between devices. People are going to start thinking about other devices.
    Many already have.
    05-19-14 10:06 PM
    Many already have.
    That's why I think it's silly for be to be releasing several keyboard phones with no prospect of a high end touch device being released in the foreseeable future.

05-19-14 10:35 PM
    Uhm, I don't understand why you think further customer defections from BlackBerry are "empty threats" given the horrendous market share trends and the compelling hardware/software products offered by competitors.

Simply this: there is no substitute for the BB10 experience.

I do not believe that those who are going to buy a single device to use as their daily driver for two years who demands a full slab would switch to BlackBerry 10 just because the device is powerful. Certainly not if they favour Android or iOS.

It may make a few nerds go "wow" at high specs, but why would such nerds buy an $800 device running an OS they hate? Or, they'll buy it whenever it is released, so what's the hurry?

I don't believe a significant number of people exist who meet the following customer profile:

- already using a smartphone running any OS
    - only will buy one device to carry them for the next two year product cycle
    - isn't aware of the merits of Android and iOS
    - cares only that the device is powerful and is not concerned about which OS / app ecosystem is available

Sure there are nerds that will buy any powerful device to play with it, but not enough to change BlackBerry's fortunes.

anyone who is a current BB10 user but can be truly satisfied with Android or iOS in lieu of BB10 should switch immediately to one of the excellent devices that exist and support those OSes.

We can be sure that some BlackBerry customers will leave because there is no high-end all-touch smartphone to appeal to buyers who are looking for that type of device.
    I am not sure at all. Those running BBOS aren't waiting for CPU power, because lots of powerful devices exist. BB10 users waiting for a more powerful device need not wait one more agonizing second: buy an S5, One M8, iPhone 5S, Note III... wait, what, you LOVE BB10? No other OS Will do? So, wait for the super phone in 2015.

This truth is considered so obvious that every other smartphone competitor will market a high end all-touch flagship smartphone this year. But not BlackBerry.
    That is a reality of Android device vendors duking it out for market share that isn't as pertinent to BlackBerry and Apple, who aren't directly competing in the same way.

I honestly believe the Z50 should be a top priority device for BlackBerry. I mentioned in a previous post how OnePlus, public only since late last year, is already producing a high spec Android device for $300, so it can be done.

The real danger is that Google and Apple are not just standing by while the Z50 faces an uncertain future. They will use this time to make it even harder for the Z50 to catch up.

Bring on the Z50!
    I appreciate your passion and hope that Mr. Chen doesn't pursue the super phone specs race, because it won't get significant interest in the "real workd": there are more important initiatives to undertake, but I will say that the next Porsche BB, should there be one, should be a superpowered device at that price point, and not merely a reskinned Z30.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 10:36 PM
    Simply this: there is no substitute for the BB10 experience.
    So does that mean that everyone who has owned a BB10 device still uses it as their primary device? I find that hard to believe.

05-19-14 10:52 PM
    So does that mean that everyone who has owned a BB10 device still uses it as their primary device? I find that hard to believe.

No of course not... but would they have stayed if the only thing available to change was that the specs on the flagship device matched the Note 4 but all the BB10-isms would be the same?

No, of course not, because performance isn't a big problem on BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 11:13 PM
    No of course not... but would they have stayed if the only thing available to change was that the specs on the flagship device matched the Note 4 but all the BB10-isms would be the same?

No, of course not, because performance isn't a big problem on BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    If not performance then what? Please don't say marketing.

05-19-14 11:27 PM
    That is a reality of Android device vendors duking it out for market share that isn't as pertinent to BlackBerry and Apple, who aren't directly competing in the same way.
    It's not just Android vendors, it's EVERYONE, including Apple and Microsoft. They all have 2014 flagship all-touch devices.

Just not BlackBerry.

I want BlackBerry to do well. The competitors already control 99% of the new smartphone sales market, so saying that BlackBerry is only for those "who have to have" BB10 is suicide to my ears. BlackBerry has to maintain and broaden its market.

I've shown how spec-competitive, flagship level, all-touch smartphones are being produced and sold by OnePlus, which went public in only late 2013, for $300 off-contract. Why not similar specs and price for a BlackBerry flagship? This would also future-proof the device to some degree and make sure that it can perform well when running Android apps, an increasingly important marketing point now being stressed by BlackBerry regarding the Z3.

To prioritize the Z50 behind the Q10+tool belt (Classic) or the weird looking Windermere simply seems like a risky strategy to me.

Posted via Z-10 100-3 running10.3.0.296/442 hybrid
    05-19-14 11:40 PM
    BlackBerry should really focus on the price, to be clear they don't have that super high quality hardware to sell with this price, for ex. If you want to convince a satisfied android user to switch to BlackBerry He'll ask you about their strongest phone, you'll say the z30 and start to list its specifications that are poor facing the android ones, and the worest is when it comes to price where I can get a Xperia z1 that is a beast in comparison with the z30, and for lower price, so you should to start talking about the OS and such while the android user don't have a problem with android, from my experience to convert teenagers many of them to BlackBerry it wasn't successful since the only weapons I had were the OS simplisity, and the security of BlackBerry, And these can't convince a user who don't want to deprive him self from the rich customization options with android, or switch because of the security while he don't have personal data on the phone..
    The factors of attraction are powerfull specifications, the price, the productive OS, and native apps, (thats in the countries where I live and I'm sure it suits the rest of the world), so BlackBerry have a productive stable OS but neither the specifications nor the price are compatitive, and now with just launching keyboard Devices for 2014 BlackBerry is going to be forgotten by the uaers from other platforms...

eyesopen1111 likes this.
    05-20-14 01:17 AM
    BlackBerry should really focus on the price, to be clear they don't have that super high quality hardware to sell with this price, for ex. If you want to convince a satisfied android user to switch to BlackBerry He'll ask you about their strongest phone, you'll say the z30 and start to list its specifications that are poor facing the android ones, and the worest is when it comes to price where I can get a Xperia z1 that is a beast in comparison with the z30, and for lower price, so you should to start talking about the OS and such while the android user don't have a problem with android, from my experience to convert teenagers many of them to BlackBerry it wasn't successful since the only weapons I had were the OS simplisity, and the security of BlackBerry, And these can't convince a user who don't want to deprive him self from the rich customization options with android, or switch because of the security while he don't have personal data on the phone..
    The factors of attraction are powerfull specifications, the price, the productive OS, and native apps, (thats in the countries where I live and I'm sure it suits the rest of the world), so BlackBerry have a productive stable OS but neither the specifications nor the price are compatitive, and now with just launching keyboard Devices for 2014 BlackBerry is going to be forgotten by the uaers from other platforms...

Recently someone posted their child's experience after purchasing a Z3 of being called 'cheap'..

And that's in a developing market.. in a developed market price is even less of a factor(As long as the demand for the brand is there , which is why BlackBerry needs to rebuild it's brand, make it 'cool' again increase demand and their phones will sell at the current prices or even higher..

The failure was in the promotion of getting the message accords to consumers that this is worth something.. which is why the market readjusted the Z10 to a worthless price because BlackBerry didn't give it a reason to otherwise..

Over 1 Year Later people are still surprised that the phone I'm holding in my hand is a BlackBerry, and I have to explain that they aren't like the legacy devices etc etc, this is something BlackBerry is meant to have covered during the past year.. but they haven't

Check Out TechCraze
    05-20-14 01:25 AM
290 ... 9101112