09-28-14 12:36 PM
40 12
tools
    And the galaxy note is ridiculous but it still sold 55 million units. So who cares if it looks ridiculous.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    There was a time that some said a 4" screen was too big.

With a Bluetooth headset, even a 12" Table with a Cell Radio and app might find a few million buyers.
    kbz1960, Rello and DrBoomBotz like this.
    06-12-14 09:22 AM
    I work in construction and most of the time you have to do sketches on hand, and I have to recognize that the Note 3 with the sketching abilities is a very good thing, I have stylus pen for my Z30 with some sketching apps that do the job but have not all the precision that the Note 3 has in this area, and a bigger screen does help here.

It is true that when you look someone answering a call with a Note 3 it looks ridiculous but the productivity I would get from a bigger screen with better sketching capabilities is worth it, so it is all relative to the use you give to it, and those Notes 3 are everywhere now and people seems to get used to it very fast and stop seen them as ridiculous as they may look now.
    Finally someone else in the industry that gets it

Posted via CB10
    06-16-14 11:51 PM
    By saying phablet I think he means something like the Samsung Note that rules the phablet market, A phablet with a 5.5 inch screen at least and a professionaly looking design with a pen( i think this is a must )
    Ya or the Mega! At first I thought a big screen was too much then I started using the z30 and I gotta say the big screen is awesome and going smaller would suck!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 12:01 AM
    That's why I can't understand the success of the iPhone. It might have great apps but what a pathetic little screen. I remember back a bit, before you could the amazon app store on blackberry this guy with a iPhone was kind of gloating about that he could watch Netflix on his phone and I couldn't on mine. I remember thinking at the time, really your going to watch a movie on that tiny little screen. Since then I have downloaded Netflix just to make sure I could and it works fine but I still haven't watched a movie on it. Maybe with a bigger screen and if I really get bored, I'll give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 04:46 PM
    That's why I can't understand the success of the iPhone. It might have great apps but what a pathetic little screen. I remember back a bit, before you could the amazon app store on blackberry this guy with a iPhone was kind of gloating about that he could watch Netflix on his phone and I couldn't on mine. I remember thinking at the time, really your going to watch a movie on that tiny little screen. Since then I have downloaded Netflix just to make sure I could and it works fine but I still haven't watched a movie on it. Maybe with a bigger screen and if I really get bored, I'll give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    So what about that Q10 screen eh?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 05:05 PM
    I wouldn't buy a q10 either.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 05:42 PM
    I have Z10 at the moment. I've been looking at the Z30 but I'll wait to see what's on the horizon.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 05:46 PM
    Basically a true samsung note 3 fighter. Top end hardware, premium feel, a pen input and all the bells and whistles and most importantly above 5.5 inches.

Targeted to Business/corporate/enterprise users.

I dont think it'll hurt them to try ;-)

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    06-18-14 03:28 AM
    I'd buy a bb10 phone with a 7 inch screen and the screen takes up the entire phone. Non of this bezel wasted space like on the z10 and PlayBook.

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    06-24-14 02:15 PM
    Meh... I'd buy one, No bigger than a 6" screen size though. I'd like to think if BB was going this way, they would jump into the "big kids pool" head first and deliver "the goods" A quality looking device that had top shelf specs. and software to go with it. Hardware+Software=Functionality. Really, not a hard concept to grasp.
    That's my plan for "stra-teej-ery" lol
    06-26-14 08:50 AM
    I just do not get what he means by phablet. Considering the Q30 and Z30 are already (or will be) pretty big, I thought that was what phablet meant. Like a device that is larger than the traditional smartphone (iPhone size), but not tablet-sized.

I just do not see a 1" larger Z30 be that much different, same would go for the Q30.

If he wants to go any bigger it would just become PlayBook sized. And considering BlackBerry marketed that as a tablet, what dimensions is he thinking of now?

Of course PB owners have been asking for a BB10 tablet all this time, so if this phablet ends up being around 6~7" I guess they finally get what they want. And at the same time BlackBerry can still say: "see we are not making tablets anymore this is a phablet".

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    I agree. I wouldn't go much larger than the Z30 footprint.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-26-14 10:56 AM
    Ya or the Mega! At first I thought a big screen was too much then I started using the z30 and I gotta say the big screen is awesome and going smaller would suck!

Posted via CB10
    Same here. I've tried using my old Z10 and it just seems way too small for me.

BB Proud
    06-26-14 11:06 AM
    A 6" all touch BB10 phone would placate most of those calling for a second PlayBook. The main difference would be that, as it's just a very large phone, it would be mainly used in portrait orientation rather than landscape like the PlayBook. Chuck in handwriting recognition at OS level and a stylus and you could have a good product on your hands.

But BlackBerry please please please forget physical Qwerty. It's not the lack of physical keyboard phones or the "tool belt" holding BlackBerry back. Right now in the UK you can buy a brand new P9981, 9320, 9720, 9790, Q5, Q10 and soon the 9900 (again). That's 7 different models with a physical keyboard and some even with a tool belt and still BlackBerry's phone sales are dismal. It's the software ecosystem and the marketing currently at fault.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3175 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.2
    The UK is where unsold BlackBerry phones go for their last chance to find a buyer.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 12:53 PM
    No one mentioned the Passport? I think wide and deep is the best of both worlds (large screen but not so large as a note 3's screen) think of it as a 9:16 screen but deeper and you never have to flip to panoramic view and still hold it in one hand. You can see more on a single screen, but it's not long and narrow like a 9:16 size screen. An extra wide keyboard for great typing but I'm not to sure about the small spacebar.... i hope that won't be an issue.
    I am really going to have a hard time to choose it over my Z30 but the square screen I think is going to win me over!

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 09:10 PM
    I, personally, don't like phablets. Many people do, though, and the majority of people I have met with phablets use them because they use them for work. Isn't that what BlackBerry is supposedly focusing on?

I have more friends because I do drugs!!
    09-28-14 12:36 PM
40 12