So I was working on this for a while, and I believe that this is the closest I will get.
    Yes, it could stand to be a little more thinner, and it was a pita to get the chrome on there, let alone flush.
    you can pretend that there are buttons there, eta.

More
    And attached is the 3D model, in Google Sketchup 7 format (free)
    05-13-10 05:22 PM
    That is one really cool mock up you did there. While I really appreciate the time you put into that, I think I like Elecite's version slightly better.... though i know your's would be closest to the real thing because RIM wouldnt be this daring or innovative.

BlackBerry Storm3 | Elecite Labs
    Last edited by arcticwolf1; 05-13-10 at 08:40 PM. Reason: fixed typo :/
    05-13-10 08:37 PM
    Yeah, my version was designed to be a logical upgrade based on the ONLY info I heard about it and something I thought would look nice... The elecite looks cool but seems a little like a Nokia. but the S8 or so in 2020 may look like it, who knows?
    1. thinner (of course)
    2. made the front-top/bottom and back-sides more of an exact 90 arc compared to the considerably more jagged S1 and S2.
    3. where the chrome is, was SUPPOSED to be a bevel to smooth out the corner, but every plugin I tried failed horribly
    05-13-10 09:55 PM
    I have a question: when you look at this mockup you can see that it has a BIG tube thingy compared to how the S1/2 have the edge bevelled and chromed.
    now what I notice is, if this tube thingy was made out of a silvery rubber, it would be able to absorb ALL abuse, and also lift up the back for speakerphone use.
    so my question IS: would you prefer that the real S3 had something like this made out of rubber (but a little more subtle), or the standard chrome as on other blackberrys?
    05-13-10 11:54 PM
    Still think the S3 should be S3 Nano!!

Wide Screen, controler for games, music or what ever you want.

You know you like it
    05-14-10 12:07 AM
    Too much like an LG phone from TELUS (with a high return rate)
    05-14-10 12:10 AM
    dang,,,is it gonna b that thin.....
    05-14-10 01:05 AM
    I wonder if RIM will make a Storm 3v2 for us with man-hands...

Thats what I like most about both my BB's (Bold 9000 and Storm 2) is that they are nice and big phones. I don't want a small thin phone. (not taking this mock up as the real deal, that "hands on with the Storm 3" thread also says it will be iPhone like thin. uke:
    05-14-10 03:33 PM
    I think that there's a limit to how thin a phone should be, regardless of the technology available. Yeah, that Elecite mock up looks cool, but i would worry about breaking the damn thing. Also it has to be just thick enough where it still feels comfortable to use.

Good mock up on what the possible S3 will look like. I like the fact that the storm series has the bigger screen and think a pearl sized one kinda defeats that purpose.

I did happen to catch a note on twitter from BBLeaks last night where he said: "old 9650 coming out in June on Verizon...a new touchscreen bb coming out in December for vzw." which was followed by his response to another person "I've got the catalog...says December "

I tried to get clarification on whether he was talking about the S3 or something else but never got a response so who knows.....
    05-15-10 07:48 PM
    05-17-10 05:46 PM
    I hope this is an attempt at humor.
    05-18-10 11:40 AM
    I wish three was an potupon to automatically ban people that post a flagged URL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 12:03 PM
    I wish three was an potupon to automatically ban people that post a flagged URL

Someone needs a timeout from the Internet.......
    05-18-10 03:07 PM
    Or at least to optimize his SureType library.

05-18-10 03:20 PM
    While that mock up by Elecite is SICK and really unbelievable, there has been sooo much information kept secretive about this device that maybe it may actually be a true mock up. Give or take maybe a few things design-wise maybe, who knows(maybe it's the S4). I mean the design is ridiculous to the point where I'm sure most of us, including myself, would never believe RIM would release something like this at this time. Maybe 20 years from now at the current rate they are going. However, the specs they are given is really what we'd all want, right?

Salmondrin has already said that he believed the Dakota was going to be released with liquid lense tech. Maybe the lense tech on this they are talking about maybe the new thing and the S3 will jump on it first.
    Now look I know some people may wanna flame me on here for this post. However, I'm just throwing it out there for discussion. Cause myself, like many other people on here, are just looking for ANY small or some sort of true info on the S3 to hang our hats on. That way we can know that the next Storm will really compete with all these next gen phones that are coming out and we may be more willing to wait for it.
    Times have also seemed to change on here. Since RIM is keeping everything Apple top secret these days, I feel like people like Sal, Crucial, or any other insider on here, have either not been able to or not wanted to share info. Which has sucked for crackies on here stalking the site for any new info on the S3. While we have recently have saw a lot of new info on the Slider, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Clamshell, us Storm followers want our fill.
    So could someone throw us a freaking bone here.....?
    05-24-10 09:57 AM
    nice job with that! if the storm3 looks like that i might be tempted...
    07-17-10 12:31 PM
    I know I am. take the S2, make it a bit thinner, and make the top-front-bottom and left-back-right curves perfect arcs, and I will be happy.
    07-17-10 05:41 PM
    Is anyone able to save the OP's orriginal pic in a format I can see at work? Unfortunately I can't install Sketchup on my work computer thanks to IT, so I can't open the file.

I was able to see elecite's version, and although it looks pretty flippin' cool, how comfortable would that be to hold and try and type one handed? Seems like it would be too thin in the middle for it to be really practical, for me anyway.
    07-19-10 10:18 AM
    In response to the "Elicite" pics one person on their website posted:

Of course this pic is fake for those who think its real! But the facts listed above r very true. Im a software engineer for RIM n ive seen the storm 3 final product first hand. It is really goin to b an iphone killer for those who stick to BB!
    Ricky: on July 11, 2010 at 9:18 am

No facts, but I'm hoping for great things.
    07-19-10 04:35 PM
    In response to the "Elicite" pics one person on their website posted:

Of course this pic is fake for those who think its real! But the facts listed above r very true. Im a software engineer for RIM n ive seen the storm 3 final product first hand. It is really goin to b an iphone killer for those who stick to BB!
    Ricky: on July 11, 2010 at 9:18 am

No facts, but I'm hoping for great things.
    Oh really Ricky?? So WHEN might the Storm be an iPhone Killer?? That's the question here. When.....?? If ever....
    07-19-10 04:52 PM
    S1 - RIM, "... an iPhone killer..."
    S2 - RIM, "... this time it really is an iPhone killer..."
    S3 - ME, (holding my breath...)

I'll give some of these rumors more credibility when I see pics and at least semi-official release info from a reliable resource.

Scott
    07-19-10 05:02 PM
    Now this link is what I would like to see the S3 look like. Well, I should say it has a screen that is as large as I could tolerate, but would also LOVE to have...

Intel needs to build, brand its own iPad, iPhone | Nanotech - The Circuits Blog - CNET News

(The first pic in the article.)

Scott
    07-19-10 05:07 PM
    S3 = Warmed over S2. -> I'm not eating the dogfood.
    I think I'll burn an update on the Droid-X.
    07-19-10 06:22 PM
    I'm not in a rush to see any new phones. I expect to see some new tech coming out around Oct/Nov in time for Christmas. I'm still under contract for my S1. I'm not eager to re-up my contract unless I see something really innovative (hopefully from RIM). The best bargaining chip subscribers have is to go out of contract. Once you're loose, you can jump ship to any carrier. As carriers see the number of open contracts decrease, they suddenly find the motivation to deliver new phones and more competitive pricing.
    07-19-10 11:44 PM
    Is anyone able to save the OP's orriginal pic in a format I can see at work? Unfortunately I can't install Sketchup on my work computer thanks to IT, so I can't open the file.

I was able to see elecite's version, and although it looks pretty flippin' cool, how comfortable would that be to hold and try and type one handed? Seems like it would be too thin in the middle for it to be really practical, for me anyway.
    I believe i linked to the phot album on google's picasa...
    07-20-10 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD