01-15-20 12:30 PM
182 ... 5678
tools
    I’m first on the list for the new AT&T Key3 due January 32nd and with rest of carriers February 30th but following the limited release in neverland...
    Wow that's pretty sweet. I'm envious of you getting a finished product so soon. I'm stuck with this KEY3 prototype and sworn to secrecy. Ugh!
    Did I say KEY3? I mean new upcoming Blackberry phone! Shhh!
    12-08-19 11:12 AM
    I'm not delusion as I have said a number of times that I don't know if it would be viable, or if there would necessarily be any takers. But I'm not sure why you believe (out-of-hand) a BlackBerry keyboard could never work outside of a BlackBerry-branded device.

If the tax got down to $10 instead of $50 or so, it would present more options and opportunities to a prospective OEM. I know I would certainly be interested. I'd also wager that if it was the only option on the table, you might be too.

If you don't think I would like nothing more than to have the existing licencing deal with TCL succeed, then you are misunderstanding me. Unfortunately, I've been pretty plugged in to all things BlackBerry for over 10 years, and the indications I get, are that it's not working. So, at the end of the day, I have to be pragmatic and look to the future.
    I like the realistic nature of your posts Conite!

I could definitely live with a high spec android device (Samsung, LG, Motorola, whatever) with a PKB and HUB on my home screen!
    12-08-19 02:28 PM
    Well, the upcoming BlackBerry device will not be called "Key3"
    12-08-19 02:55 PM
    The upcoming PKB device will not be called BlackBerry is what you meant to say. I suspect we’ll be lucky if we ever see another of either...
    12-08-19 04:30 PM
    The upcoming PKB device will not be called BlackBerry is what you meant to say. I suspect we’ll be lucky if we ever see another of either...
    Ugh!!! This is so depressing. I think I'm going to go buy another Passport to raise my spirits

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    12-08-19 05:14 PM
    Ugh!!! This is so depressing. I think I'm going to go buy another Passport to raise my spirits

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    Alcohol is cheaper
    12-08-19 06:20 PM
    Will definitely keep my eyes peeled for MWC. I don't have high hopes we will see anything. BlackberryMobile have been very quite.

If we don't see anything, might have to look elsewhere for a upgrade. Maybe a Pixel 4 (Now) / Pixel 4B (May Release)
    12-09-19 04:01 AM
    Why?
    12-09-19 03:35 PM
    If we don't see anything, might have to look elsewhere for a upgrade. Maybe a Pixel 4
    I hope battery life is not at the top of your priority list!

There is no way a Pixel 4 could get me through the day with my usage, however I always get a consistent 6 hours of screen-on time with the KEY2.
    12-09-19 03:44 PM
    Alcohol is cheaper
    Is it, though? :P
    12-14-19 01:46 AM
    Is it, though? :P
    If willing to stick with BB10, you’re probably likely to attempt making your own and other inexpensive fixes.... cheaper than crack too.

BTW - last comment is merely homage statement to our benefactor forum
    12-14-19 12:51 PM
    Alcohol is cheaper
    Not if you get the good stuff!
    The_Passporter likes this.
    12-14-19 01:32 PM
    I'm just shocked that it can take so long to liquidate stock that was built in 2018.
    They're still trying to sell off the remaining K1s, which are a year older.
    John Albert likes this.
    12-14-19 04:21 PM
    To be fair, there likely isn't a lot of stock.left, or we'd see more aggressive discounting. AT&T probably ham the largest K1 inventory, but they never shipped to stores, so they probably have a few thousand in their central distribution center in TX. It's obviously easier for them to sell them slowly at higher margins father than to just clear them out.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-14-19 04:32 PM
    That's kind of sad too.

Well at least the ones currently in the BB EU store are not gonna be early May/June 2017 models therefore free from screen lift lol
    12-14-19 10:15 PM
    I’m first on the list for the new AT&T Key3 due January 32nd and with rest of carriers February 30th but following the limited release in neverland...
    Do you know if it will have Lithuanian support?
    12-15-19 01:58 AM
    AT&T probably ham the largest K1 inventory, but they never shipped to stores, so they probably have a few thousand in their central distribution center in TX. It's obviously easier for them to sell them slowly at higher margins father than to just clear them out.
    I've wondered why they are still carrying it and I guess that either they are earning a profit selling it piecemeal or else they have an agreement with TCL not to dump them.
    12-16-19 11:44 AM
    I've wondered why they are still carrying it and I guess that either they are earning a profit selling it piecemeal or else they have an agreement with TCL not to dump them.
    My guess is that a few thousand items sitting in a warehouse aren't worth the effort to change anything, so long as they are being patched.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-16-19 11:59 AM
    Do you know if it will have Lithuanian support?
    Only for the dual boot Android BB11 64 bit
    12-16-19 01:27 PM
    After CES it looks like my next Blackberry device will be a Pixel 3a XL.....
    01-14-20 11:56 AM
    Only for the dual boot Android BB11 64 bit
    65 bit. QNX will enable more bits than have ever been seen in a phone before. Super privacy.
    brookie229 and pdr733 like this.
    01-14-20 12:57 PM
    After CES it looks like my next Blackberry device will be a Pixel 3a XL.....
    Unless you have a major issue with Google, that seems like the sensible choice. Clean OS. Works well. Super well supported. Everybody who makes any app or website in the world tests their stuff on that phone (and a few others too of course). So it's on them to make everything work for you without fuss so you can spend your time just using it.
    01-14-20 12:59 PM
    Unless you have a major issue with Google, that seems like the sensible choice. Clean OS. Works well. Super well supported. Everybody who makes any app or website in the world tests their stuff on that phone. So it's on them to make everything work.
    If you're gonna get a giant slab like the 3a XL, might as well get a OnePlus.

The OS is clean but with many more customization options, and it's even more optimized and efficient than Google's very own.

The 3a at least is more compact.
    app_Developer likes this.
    01-14-20 01:01 PM
    If you're gonna get a giant slab like the 3a XL, might as well get a OnePlus.

The OS is clean but with many more customization options, and it's even more optimized and efficient than Google's very own.

The 3a at least is more compact.
    yeah, good points. Those are also a good choice.
    01-14-20 01:09 PM
    I like big phones, and my cell plan includes hardware @ reduced pricing, OnePlus isn't carrier supported here in Canada...plus I want the updates and continued support Google offers on its devices compared to others.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    01-14-20 01:14 PM
182 ... 5678