06-17-14 10:48 PM
99 1234
tools
    What sort of leak would make your day? A photo of this rumored new touch device?

That would certainly make me a happy camper.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    I was talking more stable 10.3 (since that's something i could actually get a hold off) since a picture of this device would just make me go crazy Lool

Check Out TechCraze
    06-07-14 10:53 AM
    And what is that unique selling point? A keyboard?

Capacitive keyboard.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    06-07-14 11:07 AM
    As an Enterprise user, I want to be able to connect to a hotel tv, pull out my bluetooth keyboard, mouse, connect my office server through wifi or data, and work. All these years hints take resources that are not totally OS related.

This is the best case for a high spec phone.
    06-07-14 11:16 AM
    Capacitive keyboard.

On the manitoba?

Check Out TechCraze
    06-07-14 11:28 AM
    On the manitoba?

Check Out TechCraze
    The context of the conversation was a full touch vs windermere as a device to gain market share.

tinochiko likes this.
    06-07-14 11:33 AM
    To brag, to bring more users.. to. Why not? ? Do you need a twin turbo on a Nissan juke? People still do it..

Check Out TechCraze
    Why waste your money on such a disgusting little POS car though?? *barf*

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-07-14 12:14 PM
    See. This is what I believe too. Another kb device and people are gonna say oh yeah. BlackBerry. keyboards. Pfft.
    We need a WOW device.....all touch!!!!!
    Yah, wow them by blending in with the billion and one other devices out there... I'm not disagreeing with you, today's society is weird, they WANT to be just one with the herd, so a one with the herd phone that looks exactly like 99% of the other phones out there will likely get more respect than one that's actually unique or different. I just think it's stupid, but apparently I'm in the minority, so oh well...

06-07-14 12:17 PM
    Yah, wow them by blending in with the billion and one other devices out there... I'm not disagreeing with you, today's society is weird, they WANT to be just one with the herd, so a one with the herd phone that looks exactly like 99% of the other phones out there will likely get more respect than one that's actually unique or different. I just think it's stupid, but apparently I'm in the minority, so oh well...

I think the BlackBerry's current device road map will give more insight and clarity on what's best for BlackBerry in the near future.

Low end touch Z3, high end qwerty Q30, Classic qwerty with belt Q20 and the next high end full touch.
    Exciting times!

06-07-14 12:27 PM
    Manitoba = Z50?

As long as they come with a successor for the Z30 I'm happy happy happy
    tinochiko likes this.
    06-07-14 12:34 PM
    A new all touch phone with
    - 5.2 inch screen
    -450 + ppi
    - 10.3.1 or 10.3.2
    - a 3500+ battery
    - quad-core 64-bit
    - 13-16 megapixle cam (they should get their cams from Sony Z2)

I mean if the phone comes with smaller bezels and has a really nice look to it then it will be a good phone. They need to look at all the past BlackBerry's and draw from all the best phones that have come out in the past 5 years to make a statement.

Posted via my BeastBerry Z30
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    06-07-14 03:08 PM
    A new all touch phone with
    - 5.2 inch screen
    -450 + ppi
    - 10.3.1 or 10.3.2
    - a 3500+ battery
    - quad-core 64-bit
    - 13-16 megapixle cam (they should get their cams from Sony Z2)

I mean if the phone comes with smaller bezels and has a really nice look to it then it will be a good phone. They need to look at all the past BlackBerry's and draw from all the best phones that have come out in the past 5 years to make a statement.

Speaking about camera I hope its the same as LG G3 13mpx OIS camera.

06-07-14 04:03 PM
    Speaking about camera I hope its the same as LG G3 13mpx OIS camera.

I just watched a couple reviews on the LG G3 and I'm thinking that screen is amazing. The cam is awesome. I think the Q30 screen with 1440x1440 will kinda look something similar. Yeah that G3 is a beast! My Z30 is nice but geeeeze lol that thing looks better and better every time I see it.

Last edited by Blackberry_Boss; 06-07-14 at 06:10 PM.
    06-07-14 04:10 PM
    I just watched a couple reviews on the LG G3 and I'm thinking that screen is amazing. The cam is awesome. I the the Q30 with 1440x1440 will kinda look something similar. Yeah that G3 is a beast! My Z30 is nice but geeeeze lol that thing looks better and better every time I see it.

The LG G3 is the top spec android of any make or model at the moment, mostly because of the screen.

06-07-14 04:20 PM
    Well 64-bit, from what I've read means the phone will have more ram. If you think about it BlackBerry apps are getting larger and more are becoming headless. That eats up memory. BlackBerry's OS can take full advantage of 64-bit and multiple cores. They just need to show it off.

Posted via CB10
    64bit refers to the instruction set on the processor. Generally a 64bit processor can handle a far superior amount of instructions/processes to that of a 32bit processor and can handle and make use of far more ram providing the OS is 64bit also. Now there is a but...

This works very well for OS's on dektop PC's and Laptops that can handle in excess of 16Gb+ ram however how efficient this is on mobile devices remains to be seen. The iPhone 5S does have a 64bit processor but one does wonder if this is a marketing gimmick like a lot of other features out there.

I have not seen good documentation on 64bit processors or 64bit OS's aside from Apple currently.
    grover5 likes this.
    06-07-14 06:41 PM
    Capacitive keyboard.

It's still a keyboard. Just a fancy keyboard.

In my opinion a keyboard phone is still a small niche market, even if it is a full featured keyboard.

06-07-14 06:44 PM
    I hope that you're right and that Windermere does generate positive buzz for BlackBerry. I don't think I'm as confident as you, however. I don't see keyboards as being something to do that. I see it doing the opposite. I can see people saying, "Gee BlackBerry are still clueless. Another keyboard phone. They just don't get it. People want touch screen devices."

Hopefully I'm wrong.
    But what would be the problem with this keyboard phone? Can't say screen real estate because at 4.5 to 5 inches, it's as big & in some cases bigger than most of these touchscreens. So you have a screen that is as big as the all touch phones, with an arguably better keyboard. Who can be mad at that?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 07:20 PM
    I say make a high end, all touch device that Androiders will drop their jaws when they see it and make the price reasonably affordable and perhaps even ridiculously affordable for the first patch.. it should be sold out quickly, that could encourage some developers to bring some native apps, reviews will tempt other users to buy the phone, they buy the phone for the higher price than the first patch. More revenue for BlackBerry....

Just dreaming

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 07:30 PM
    64bit refers to the instruction set on the processor. Generally a 64bit processor can handle a far superior amount of instructions/processes to that of a 32bit processor and can handle and make use of far more ram providing the OS is 64bit also. Now there is a but...

This works very well for OS's on dektop PC's and Laptops that can handle in excess of 16Gb+ ram however how efficient this is on mobile devices remains to be seen. The iPhone 5S does have a 64bit processor but one does wonder if this is a marketing gimmick like a lot of other features out there.

I have not seen good documentation on 64bit processors or 64bit OS's aside from Apple currently.
    ARM publishes the spec for the ARMv8 architecture that these 64-bit ARM compatible processors use. You can read more about the new instruction set there: http://www.arm.com/products/processo...chitecture.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    vinniesworld likes this.
    06-07-14 07:44 PM
    I say make a high end, all touch device that Androiders will drop their jaws when they see it and make the price reasonably affordable and perhaps even ridiculously affordable for the first patch.. it should be sold out quickly, that could encourage some developers to bring some native apps, reviews will tempt other users to buy the phone, they buy the phone for the higher price than the first patch. More revenue for BlackBerry....

Just dreaming

Posted via CB10
    The proper term is "fandroid" just FYI. ;-)

06-07-14 08:09 PM
    what do you do with a 64 bit mobile OS ??
    All 64 bit means is that more memory can be allocated. We are nearing the point in typical smartphone specs that this is required.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 11:17 PM
    All 64 bit means is that more memory can be allocated. We are nearing the point in typical smartphone specs that this is required.

Posted via CB10
    So you're saying 64-bit ARM doesn't have a new instruction set?

06-07-14 11:33 PM
    But what would be the problem with this keyboard phone? Can't say screen real estate because at 4.5 to 5 inches, it's as big & in some cases bigger than most of these touchscreens. So you have a screen that is as big as the all touch phones, with an arguably better keyboard. Who can be mad at that?

Posted via CB10
    The problem is that the screen isn't as big as is could be if there was a soft keyboard. With a soft keyboard when you aren't typing the screen is much bigger. That seems to be what people want.

06-08-14 05:41 AM
    64bit phone to run ports and side loads from snap and amazon.....ok that's nice.

I don't care if other people want a bb10 device I wanted one and that's all that matters.
    06-08-14 05:32 PM
    So you're saying 64-bit ARM doesn't have a new instruction set?

I'm saying that the move to 64 bit means nothing to most end users.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 08:22 PM
    I'm saying that the move to 64 bit means nothing to most end users.

Posted via CB10
    Because you don't believe it comes with a new, modern instruction set and greatly expanded register space (number and size)?

Even though ARM themselves, the folks who designed this very architecture, have documented this?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    06-08-14 11:32 PM
99 1234