06-17-14 10:48 PM
99 1234
tools
    As far as this mention of Manitoba, it seems unlikely that it would be a high-end device if it is coming soon, Windermere is meant to fill that position and the next all-touch is going to be that LTE-enabled version of the z3.
    Yeah, I can't see a new flagship touch coming any time soon. If it was coming soon we would have seen some leaked images by now.

With regard to Windermere, I know that BlackBerry think of it as being a high end device that will attract the masses. I just don't think that is t going to be the case.

The Z3 LTE version is also not the right path for BlackBerry in the developed market. They need to be focusing on the high end, not the base market. A low end phone isn't going to generate the buzz that BlackBerry want. They need something that is going to demonstrate that they are still a leader in terms of technology. That in turn will attract positive press and new clients.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    06-06-14 02:10 PM
    With regard to Windermere, I know that BlackBerry think of it as being a high end device that will attract the masses. I just don't think that is t going to be the case.

The Z3 LTE version is also not the right path for BlackBerry in the developed market. They need to be focusing on the high end, not the base market. A low end phone isn't going to generate the buzz that BlackBerry want. They need something that is going to demonstrate that they are still a leader in terms of technology. That in turn will attract positive press and new clients.
    I don't think Windermere is expected to attract the masses, but by being far more unique than a high-end all-touch device it will attract more attention and could stand a much better chance of getting people to give it a try unlike an all-touch where it would be very similar to what they already had.

The z3 lte is an ideal device for their current focus on the business market because companies are far more likely to buy their employees these cheaper phones than they would a high-end model. For now they are not looking to take on ios or android, they are taking a step back to their roots and then hope to expand out of that area just like they did the first time.

As far as generating a buzz, something like the Windermere might just do that.
    bigjman and Wigley458 like this.
    06-06-14 02:20 PM
    I don't think Windermere is expected to attract the masses, but by being far more unique than a high-end all-touch device it will attract more attention and could stand a much better chance of getting people to give it a try unlike an all-touch where it would be very similar to what they already had.

The z3 lte is an ideal device for their current focus on the business market because companies are far more likely to buy their employees these cheaper phones than they would a high-end model. For now they are not looking to take on ios or android, they are taking a step back to their roots and then hope to expand out of that area just like they did the first time.

As far as generating a buzz, something like the Windermere might just do that.
    I hope that you're right and that Windermere does generate positive buzz for BlackBerry. I don't think I'm as confident as you, however. I don't see keyboards as being something to do that. I see it doing the opposite. I can see people saying, "Gee BlackBerry are still clueless. Another keyboard phone. They just don't get it. People want touch screen devices."

Hopefully I'm wrong.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-06-14 04:23 PM
    We need a miracle lol.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 05:55 AM
    I hope that you're right and that Windermere does generate positive buzz for BlackBerry. I don't think I'm as confident as you, however. I don't see keyboards as being something to do that. I see it doing the opposite. I can see people saying, "Gee BlackBerry are still clueless. Another keyboard phone. They just don't get it. People want touch screen devices."
    Some people are going to react like you suggest, but in general people are going to react to it, whereas a high-end all-touch would just be another one in the crowd of those sort of devices.
    RyanGermann and neoberry99 like this.
    06-07-14 07:46 AM
    64 bit processor doesn't mean more ram... iPhone 5s uses a 64 bit processor.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    64 bit is needed to handle more than 3GB of RAM I believe. That is the 32 Bit ceiling for RAM space.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    RECOOL likes this.
    06-07-14 07:56 AM
    Yes Yes Yes! Bring it!

Check Out TechCraze
    06-07-14 09:15 AM
    64 bit is needed to handle more than 3GB of RAM I believe. That is the 32 Bit ceiling for RAM space.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    its nice being up to date but what do we ned 3gb and 64 bit to do what on mobile??
    06-07-14 09:36 AM
    its nice being up to date but what do we ned 3gb and 64 bit to do what on mobile??
    To brag, to bring more users.. to. Why not? ? Do you need a twin turbo on a Nissan juke? People still do it..

Check Out TechCraze
    06-07-14 09:38 AM
    To brag, to bring more users.. to. Why not? ? Do you need a twin turbo on a Nissan juke? People still do it..

Check Out TechCraze
    The guy is 100% right. Did I really just say that?

BlackBerry is always going to be viewed as a company on the verge of bankruptcy, and living on borrowed time, if they don't release devices that have cutting edge tech. Even if that tech is a bit of overkill.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-07-14 09:44 AM

Hopefully I'm wrong.
    See. This is what I believe too. Another kb device and people are gonna say oh yeah. BlackBerry. keyboards. Pfft.
    We need a WOW device.....all touch!!!!!
    tanzarian likes this.
    06-07-14 10:02 AM
    I still think everyone needs to get off of "attract consumers". BBRY isn't trying to do that. If it happens as a side effect, all the better.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    06-07-14 10:08 AM
    I still think everyone needs to get off of "attract consumers". BBRY isn't trying to do that. If it happens as a side effect, all the better.
    If they aren't trying to attract consumers what should they be trying to do? Just keep the minuscule number they already have?

06-07-14 10:10 AM
    If they aren't trying to attract consumers what should they be trying to do? Just keep the minuscule number they already have?

Actually... that would be a start as some of those are fading as well. These sort of tweets to the CB Twitter account aren't exactly uncommon - https://twitter.com/BlackSheepBanks/...46965739520002. There's actually an argument to be made for retaining vs. attracting new ones lol.
    kbz1960 and neoberry99 like this.
    06-07-14 10:14 AM
    Actually... that would be a start as some of those are fading as well. These sort of tweets to the CB Twitter account aren't exactly uncommon - https://twitter.com/BlackSheepBanks/...46965739520002. There's actually an argument to be made for retaining vs. attracting new ones lol.
    If I understand correctly, you think they should focus first on keeping the current BlackBerry user and then move to attracting new ones?

Last edited by crazigee; 06-07-14 at 10:41 AM.
    06-07-14 10:20 AM
    I'd I understand correctly, you think they should focus first on keeping the current BlackBerry user and then move to attracting new ones?

Is t that exactly what they have said?
    06-07-14 10:22 AM
    But this beast would have me more inclined to stick with BlackBerry too, I would be pulling it out even more and be satisfied that I've got a good upgrade from my Z10 that I would be happy to keep for the next two years

Check Out TechCraze
    06-07-14 10:33 AM
    For me, it can have the best specs in the world, but if it can't play all the android apps then is it really any better than a z30 is now?
    06-07-14 10:34 AM
    The guy is 100% right. Did I really just say that?

BlackBerry is always going to be viewed as a company on the verge of bankruptcy, and living on borrowed time, if they don't release devices that have cutting edge tech. Even if that tech is a bit of overkill.

Looool if a leak drops today then today will be a good day

Check Out TechCraze
    06-07-14 10:38 AM
    For me, it can have the best specs in the world, but if it can't play all the android apps then is it really any better than a z30 is now?
    They're working on it,

Check Out TechCraze
    06-07-14 10:39 AM
    Is t that exactly what they have said?
    Is that what who said?

06-07-14 10:42 AM
    It's the software that matters in this case. We already have hardware that runs these android apps.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-07-14 10:43 AM
    Another super high end all touch to fight in a super saturated ocean of all touch.

Sure that will work. Pppffftttt

Ever head of USP (unique selling point?) or blue ocean strategy?

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    06-07-14 10:44 AM
    Another super high end all touch to fight in a super saturated ocean of all touch.

Sure that will work. Pppffftttt

Ever head of USP (unique selling point?) or blue ocean strategy?

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    And what is that unique selling point? A keyboard?

tinochiko likes this.
    06-07-14 10:46 AM
    Looool if a leak drops today then today will be a good day
    What sort of leak would make your day? A photo of this rumored new touch device?

That would certainly make me a happy camper.

06-07-14 10:50 AM
99 1234