Here is an old roadmap (2008) looking into RIM's future Berrys. Reminder: Speculated RIM Roadmap For 2009-10 – BerryReview Notice the Magnum was the 9220 and considered a 3G Curve. And there were new Pearls on the way back then... This has taken awhile. Then there was conjecture that the Plutoo 9900 would be annouced at WES 2009... Hah! And of course the Storm Slider, which we're now guessing is the 9800. The phones that might be announced at WES 2010 were in process in 2008? What's the turn around on a Berry anyway, from thought to light of day?
    04-12-10 12:01 AM
    The phones that might be announced at WES 2010 were in process in 2008? What's the turn around on a Berry anyway, from thought to light of day?
    Sounds right. RIM is getting way behind on the times. When it takes a year to add wi-fi and a trackpad to a Tour you have problems.
    04-12-10 12:58 AM
    Sounds right. RIM is getting way behind on the times. When it takes a year to add wi-fi and a trackpad to a Tour you have problems.
    HAHAHAHA! so sad, but very true.
    04-12-10 02:28 AM
    Wow. That's pretty dang sad. I know and understand it takes forever for production, design, etc. but they (RIM) cannot afford to keep at this snail's pace.

These 3G Curves and the new Pearls all sound like devices for India and their new markets to me... Of course they'll be sold everywhere else, North America, etc, but we've all seen their latest numbers! People (around the world that is) are not buying their high-end devices but are buying the lower, entry-level devices like crazy!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-12-10 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD