12-28-10 03:32 AM
46 12
tools
    I've been a dreamer before in the hopes that rim would create a monster device! But these days, that energy has been sucked out of me with all these refresh devices and updates we been seeing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-10 11:55 PM
    I don't think we will see anything but the PlayBook at CES. I believe CX said that and also look phones at WES(forgot the new name).
    12-18-10 12:24 AM
    Not only no leaks about upcoming devices, but no OS leaks for us poor 9650 (and 9330) users
    12-18-10 01:03 AM
    Sorry for being so "inconsistent" as far as my posting goes and following up guys, I've been tremendously busy outside of the BB world, but I can tell you what I know and heard so far.

I really meant my post and its not sarcasm at all... This is the first time ever my sources haven't mentioned anything else but the phones we already know exist (storm 2.5 and QNX storm) for this long.

At this point I'm even surprised that we didn't see the QNX "storm" leak. My favorite source told me like 3 weeks ago that he could get me pics of it (when that happens I get the pics or at least someone else does the same day or the next), but he was very clear about NOT LEAKING until someone else did before I did for his own sake. He said he never got the pics and can't get them from anyone else aside from "his guy", who now says he doesn't have it anymore...

I don't wanna start guessing what happened to the phone he was talking about, but it is in fact extremely strange that all of the sudden no one can get those pics or even talk about it anymore.

RIM is gonna go APPLE on our asses and just dump the product upon its release with no leaks (except for the wonderful GIZMODO iPhone 4 story, of course LOL), but aside from the Storm 2.5 I am 99% sure whatever comes out of RIM won't be another 6.0 BB. The question is:

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO DROP?
    Culex316 likes this.
    12-18-10 01:36 AM
    Not only no leaks about upcoming devices, but no OS leaks for us poor 9650 (and 9330) users
    Don't worry about those. Well, at least the 9650 leak is really really close.
    Culex316 likes this.
    12-18-10 01:39 AM
    If the legendary Salomondrin is here asking what's up with RIM fixing its leaky faucets then something is definitely up. Either they have sealed the leaks or the well water has run dry.

It's no surprise RIM has been getting hit with more and more criticism since late 2008 when Android started taking off. Looking at the whole picture we know RIM wants to compete, we know they want to crank things up with dual-core processors, QNX OS, new hardware designs, etc. So I'm going to guess that instead of their old trend of putting out slightly updated versions of what essentially is the same device every year they are hunkered down working on the really fresh stuff and keeping all of it under lock and key.

Now I like Blackberry and I hope they impress everyone with future devices but there is no denying that RIM is taking a big pounding right now from iPhone and Android. The other platforms seem to be able to crank out the latest technologies like it's no sweat. Motorola and LG are already looking to put dual-core phones in people's pockets early 2011 and I have a feeling we won't be seeing RIM's anwser to any of its competition until earliest late 2011 maybe even early 2012.

I can't speak for all you guys outside the USA but Blackberry is taking a beating here. I know RIM is still financially successful but more and more surveys regarding favorite devices, OS, etc. is seeing RIM take either second or even third place behind Apple and Android. Just in general, word on the street is that Blackberry is becoming less "cool" than it was 3 or so years ago. It's really common now to hear people ask "why do you have a Blackberry? Android/iPhone is so much better dude."

I believe the future of smartphones is no longer about e-mail and calendar. The war of the smartphones will be won by the one who has the best combination of hardware, OS, and apps. Unfortunately not many will disagree with me that RIM is behind almost everyone else in the market on those three aspects.
    Last edited by Mr. Marco; 12-18-10 at 01:55 AM.
    Rickroller likes this.
    12-18-10 01:51 AM
    Sorry for being so "inconsistent" as far as my posting goes and following up guys, I've been tremendously busy outside of the BB world, but I can tell you what I know and heard so far.

I really meant my post and its not sarcasm at all... This is the first time ever my sources haven't mentioned anything else but the phones we already know exist (storm 2.5 and QNX storm) for this long.

At this point I'm even surprised that we didn't see the QNX "storm" leak. My favorite source told me like 3 weeks ago that he could get me pics of it (when that happens I get the pics or at least someone else does the same day or the next), but he was very clear about NOT LEAKING until someone else did before I did for his own sake. He said he never got the pics and can't get them from anyone else aside from "his guy", who now says he doesn't have it anymore...

I don't wanna start guessing what happened to the phone he was talking about, but it is in fact extremely strange that all of the sudden no one can get those pics or even talk about it anymore.

RIM is gonna go APPLE on our asses and just dump the product upon its release with no leaks (except for the wonderful GIZMODO iPhone 4 story, of course LOL), but aside from the Storm 2.5 I am 99% sure whatever comes out of RIM won't be another 6.0 BB. The question is:

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO DROP?
    Wasn't Storm2.5 canceled? Or will it be an OS6 Storm?

I honestly can't wait for these devices ... and really do hope they come soon.

Maybe the no leaks deal is just the extra precaution from RIM... meaning we could see a new device any time soon in the New Year ... or not for a long time.

Personally, wouldn't it be better for RIM to leak at least a little bit of info... at least to keep us guessing. I feel that being so uptight, many users jump ship or loose faith in RIM. At least with apple, we all know that a new iPhone comes out every year around the same time, etc etc etc.
    12-18-10 01:55 AM
    I don't know. The only possibility I see is maybe a Torch like device released on the other carriers prior to the Playbook (AT&T's exclusivity should die soon) and releasing that phone on other carriers wouldn't steal the Playbook's thunder. CES will probably be all Playbook and nothing else as they've put to many eggs in that basket. You won't see a QNX phone for probably a few months after Playbook release because they want you to buy a Playbook to do the things that your Blackberry can't do well.

They are also going to have to compete with iPad2 release probably in April, and don't be surprised if Stevie schedules the unveil for iPad2 strategically close to the release of the Playbook to try to drown the Playbook out of the media. Also if the rumored Verizon iPhone gets announced at CES that will drown out the Playbook there. I know Jobs is loathed here, but he's a great marketer and gets a lot of media attention.
    12-18-10 08:22 AM
    heres my (albeit hopeful) theory on the leaks.

anybody seen any sort of leak from QNX? nope, so if QNX doing the phone, then maybe they are a little better with no leaks.

in the earnings call it was elduded to that new phones were coming, so who knows whats around the corner
    12-18-10 09:55 AM
    Well, while some people wait for another year or who knows how long, I will soon be enjoying a more capable android during that time. If BB releases something interesting then, I might give them a second look. I see no reason to just wait and wait and hope.

12-18-10 11:11 AM
    rim is gonna go apple on our asses and just dump the product upon its release with no leaks (except for the wonderful gizmodo iphone 4 story, of course lol), but aside from the storm 2.5 i am 99% sure whatever comes out of rim won't be another 6.0 bb. The question is:

How long will it take to drop?
    +1 gizmodo (lol)
    12-18-10 03:14 PM

LOL where are you getting this from? This is all speculation. Can you tell me how you backup the Bold? I'd like to know.
    The mention of a new touchscreen bold was mentioned by an analyst quite recently.
    12-18-10 03:53 PM
    but aside from the Storm 2.5 I am 99% sure whatever comes out of RIM won't be another 6.0 BB.
    We know when the playbook is due to ship and that is without any 3g/4g radio code, so if we have new blackberries due shortly after that then the odds are that they will be running some form of os6 at that point despite everyone thinking they will be qnx because they are hardly going to want to compromise on radio code since that would basically trash the launch of the new os on phones.

One other thing that I have been wondering about, people seem to be so sure we are going to get lte support on the next blackberry when a far more likely scenario would be t-mobile getting hsdpa+ support that they are happy enough to mislabel as 4g.
    12-18-10 04:03 PM
    Are you guys sure? I don't think this is the "Legendary Sal" that started this thread. This guy just joined CB April 2010 with only 240 posts, and only started 4 posts? It didn't "sound" like him either...just saying. But I hope Graham is correct!
    12-18-10 04:17 PM
    The mention of a new touchscreen bold was mentioned by an analyst quite recently.
    That's great and all but I've been hearing about it since I joined CB. I can definitely see RIM releasing a touch/qwerty in their next gen phones but I haven't seen any confirmation from RIM. Analysts say a lot of things... and many times they're right, but I don't know where some of these specific details/specs are coming from.
    12-18-10 05:10 PM
    Are you guys sure? I don't think this is the "Legendary Sal" that started this thread. This guy just joined CB April 2010 with only 240 posts, and only started 4 posts? It didn't "sound" like him either...just saying. But I hope Graham is correct!
    Yes, it's him. Check all the 4 threads he created including this one it's all legit.

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=29595935
    12-18-10 08:45 PM
    Yes, it's him. Check all the 4 threads he created including this one it's all legit.
    That's my point, Sal has started more than four threads and has certainly has been a CB member longer than this past April. He was posting in The Fall of 2009 when the S2 was being leaked?
    12-18-10 09:39 PM
    That's my point, Sal has started more than four threads and has certainly has been a CB member longer than this past April. He was posting in The Fall of 2009 when the S2 was being leaked?
    I think Sal had his account info comprised on CB back in the Essex days, and he had to start over. It's the real Sal. If it wasn't, then we would have got false info, which would be worse than pure speculation at this point.

I am dumping my DX when the S3 drops. I miss Blackberry ....

12-19-10 01:17 PM
    Tweet by Sal.

salomondrin Alejandro Salomon
    Nice 2 share new info about the Stormy 3 Like the trackpad, HDMI out, and the high res screen. If u don't believe me ur ***** will shrink
    43 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

*someone beat me to it. this was posted onto another topic.*
    Last edited by Drew Oswalt; 12-27-10 at 11:12 PM. Reason: added info.
    12-27-10 11:10 PM
    Tweet by Sal.

salomondrin Alejandro Salomon
    Nice 2 share new info about the Stormy 3 Like the trackpad, HDMI out, and the high res screen. If u don't believe me ur ***** will shrink
    43 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

*someone beat me to it. this was posted onto another topic.*
    Just hope this is released sometime before March of next year...
    12-28-10 02:07 AM
    I wish something would come out soon, especially for verizon! Its insane their news bb is the 9650! Not the happiest consumer right now.
    i agree.. i own a 9650 and absolutely love it, but i was literally on the phone with good ol' vzw today and grilled a tech agent since they'd have know any "new" additions to the hardware. it was like an addict going through withdraw. my contract is up soon and i'd rather stay blackberry than go to a droid (not switching carriers) so i'd love to hear of some leaks due out in the first quarter of 2011.. please?
    12-28-10 03:32 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD