Not sure if this is being discussed elsewhere but ... wild *** idea ..... could this be running BB10? Would Blackberry license BB10 to LG? ... the reason I bring this up is...

"As for the smartphone's specifics, the first thing avid phone-watchers might catch is that the mystery device doesn't have any hardware buttons on it whatsoever."

New LG Smartphone Images Leak: LG Optimus 2? Nexus 5? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/...=321715,00.jpg
    05-07-13 03:09 PM
    doubt its a BB, the nexus line makes the most sense.
    05-07-13 03:28 PM
    Hmm, you never know, teaming up would be nice since Microsofts money are fronting W8.
    05-07-13 06:00 PM
    Hmm, you never know, teaming up would be nice since Microsofts money are fronting W8.
    the nexus line has had zero buttons on its face since the nexus s. so the nexus s, galaxy nexus and nexus 4 are all buttonless because android past gingerbread was developed to have software buttons baked into the operating system
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    05-07-13 06:02 PM
    the nexus line has had zero buttons on its face since the nexus s. so the nexus s, galaxy nexus and nexus 4 are all buttonless because android past gingerbread was developed to have software buttons baked into the operating system
    Ok, I did not know that.
    05-07-13 06:03 PM
    also it makes sense that this could be either the next nexus device, but that's unlikely as motorola has been aquired by google and there has been a lot of rumours about the motorola x phone. this is probably just another android phone where the OEM is actually listening to google about how the design should be

the more I look at it I feel it could be a refresh of the nexus 4
    05-07-13 06:04 PM
    My current Android device has hardware buttons, but I have mapped the device to not have to use them.
    05-07-13 06:08 PM
    My current Android device has hardware buttons, but I have mapped the device to not have to use them.
    that's smart, it easily extends the life of your device at least another year
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    05-07-13 06:55 PM
    that's smart, it easily extends the life of your device at least another year
    Exactly. I hear about those hardware buttons going bad all the time. Plus, I admit it: I crave BB10 gestures.
    05-07-13 06:58 PM
    Exactly. I hear about those hardware buttons going bad all the time. Plus, I admit it: I crave BB10 gestures.
    me too, I'm phoneless at the moment only got my playbook
    05-07-13 08:00 PM
    This was already in the news.. the next nexus would be LG still according yo google.. read this on yahoo news..

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 08:12 PM
    Im really curious what high end phones BB will leak next, will it be anything close to the specs of the note 3 with a possible octocore processor, 3 or 4 gigs of ram... i would like to see BB really work on its apps and putting out a device that is really a step ahead of the game with specs- maybe a 4.99" screen, though I really like my Note 2 size and have come used to it, i doubt BB would go that large.
    05-08-13 04:10 PM
    Im really curious what high end phones BB will leak next, will it be anything close to the specs of the note 3 with a possible octocore processor, 3 or 4 gigs of ram... i would like to see BB really work on its apps and putting out a device that is really a step ahead of the game with specs- maybe a 4.99" screen, though I really like my Note 2 size and have come used to it, i doubt BB would go that large.
    I think the "step ahead of the game" device would be a QWERTY phablet. Samsung is killing the phablet space and while there is room to still get marketshare there, BlackBerry can completely own a unique space with the QWERTY phablet.
    05-08-13 10:12 PM
    I think the "step ahead of the game" device would be a QWERTY phablet. Samsung is killing the phablet space and while there is room to still get marketshare there, BlackBerry can completely own a unique space with the QWERTY phablet.
    Don't know, Plazmic,, but I've been writing before.

What dimensions are you thinking?
    05-08-13 10:28 PM
    I think you are forgetting one of the crucial reasons why they didn't go android in the first place, they do not want to get into the kind of situation where they would be using specs that would be classed as being a step ahead.
    05-09-13 07:30 AM
    The problem with your idea is that they could end up owning a unique space that hardly anyone actually wants to buy, the real advantage of phablets is the big screen for content and a qwerty phablet would just end up being a larger and heavier device with just a mediocre display.
    05-09-13 07:42 AM
    The problem with your idea is that they could end up owning a unique space that hardly anyone actually wants to buy, the real advantage of phablets is the big screen for content and a qwerty phablet would just end up being a larger and heavier device with just a mediocre display.
    That is definitely a possibility but let's not forget that the same thing was said about the Galaxy Note series, which was called "downright ridiculous" and "going to fail miserably".... until they saw the sales numbers.

While the Q10 looks great, it needs more screen real estate to show more content. Maybe the idea of a 5.0-5.5 inch device with a physical keyboard is a bit ridiculous but even a Z10-sized device with a physical keyboard is possible.

Sent from an Unkown Device using Tapatalk
    05-09-13 08:23 AM
    Further down the line I think we will see more variety in the qwerty devices they offer, but not in the short term, they are still in the early stages of building out a full bb10 portfolio so we are going to see things like this lower-end model coming in to start with as it more clearly offers something to another segment of the market.

As far as qwerty we have the q10, the next one is aimed at the 9360/9790 market, so the next one after that is either going to be a q11 or maybe an even lower end bb10 model aimed at the 9320 end of the market, most likely the latter with a q10 upgrade following later in 2014.

I would guess that any qwertys that don't fit into the main stream line-up such as sliders, limited edition models like the porsche design one or even a qwerty phablet are probably well over a year away at this point, so here's hoping they do well enough that they get to expand the range in this manner.
    05-09-13 12:20 PM
    I'm just worried that a Slider would be adding too much to their supply chain to be able to make a worth while profit.

I guess with the slider being forced to be thicker, you could really beef up the specs on it.

Blackberry Faithful - #TeamBlackBerry
    05-10-13 01:08 AM
    perhaps webOS rising from the ashes????
    05-10-13 02:29 AM
    perhaps webOS rising from the ashes????
    I was talking about that recently with a friend.

Blackberry Faithful - #TeamBlackBerry
    05-10-13 03:09 AM