How about this new 3 row keyboard.

Has anyone speculated how shifting or alt-ing is going to work? How long will it take to get used to the location of the keys? The keyboard is really 60% the reason I have a Blackberry, so they're messing with a very integral part of having a Blackberry. Maybe it will turn out to be better? I hope so.

Anyways, let's hear your theories on how this new KB is going to work!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 09:17 AM
    I have the same doubt. There is almost 6 years that use BB and the "alt + " is a habbit. Look that will not be so easy for the old users.

You are right, the BB is basicaly knows for it keyboard. They should implement very carefully the new layout.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 10:13 AM
    Considering how many of the legacy users here can't adjust to a device without a tool belt, I don't see how they will adjust to a device that changes the layout of the PKB or the way it works. They will scream at BlackBerry to get off their lawn if it doesn't look like a Bold 9000/9900.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 11:09 AM
    You are right because this will be a big move even for the existing BB10users, the old ones with be more in doubt about the move.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 05:44 PM
    Considering how many of the legacy users here can't adjust to a device without a tool belt, I don't see how they will adjust to a device that changes the layout of the PKB or the way it works. They will scream at BlackBerry to get off their lawn if it doesn't look like a Bold 9000/9900.

Posted via CB10
    The problem with that is those people don't care for change because the gestures are quite simple a 4 year old can do it

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 05:48 PM
    This whole toolbelt pander to the legacy users fiasco is confounding me. I fully understand that these legacy devices are outselling BB10 so far but how far has Blackberry gone to try and switch these users to BB10 with credits for their legacy devices and discounts etc? Absolutely no attempt so I think this idea that these people are loyal legacy owners who are anti BB10 is a gross mistake and with usability I have to say my 4 year old girl have been using a playbook for as soon as she could hold it and she steals my Q10, because I never let her have it, to play games and she navigates around my Q10 like its her personal device! so I don't buy the legacy device ease of use and simple does not hold water for me
    HUNTZODIAC and Dmessenger like this.
    04-17-14 06:39 PM
    This whole toolbelt pander to the legacy users fiasco is confounding me. I fully understand that these legacy devices are outselling BB10 so far but how far has Blackberry gone to try and switch these users to BB10 with credits for their legacy devices and discounts etc? Absolutely no attempt so I think this idea that these people are loyal legacy owners who are anti BB10 is a gross mistake and with usability I have to say my 4 year old girl have been using a playbook for as soon as she could hold it and she steals my Q10, because I never let her have it, to play games and she navigates around my Q10 like its her personal device! so I don't buy the legacy device ease of use and simple does not hold water for me
    I agree with everything you said

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    04-17-14 07:18 PM
    I simply love it!
    Something new, qwerty style!!

We'll get used to it in a few days, and it'll be better than the old one i'm sure.. more real estate for screen, more compact for the fingers

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    04-18-14 11:43 AM