10-14-15 10:34 AM
70 123
tools
    Chen saw the reaction of this forum community when B1aze brought it to his attention. 80% of the polled members hated the name. I cant say if it has cooled me to the point of not wanting to buy it entirely, but I definitely lost some optimism that they are going to get the device right when they cant get the first thing, the name right. I know if I do buy it I will never be calling it a priv because I think its a dumb name. It will be the slider or the new blackberry until another blackberry comes out and takes the mantle as the new blackberry. Id love the device to sell but really hope it doesnt encourage further stupid names. Keep in mind, if the slider ever gets to a second generation then the stupid name of priv lives on.

Posted via CB10
    Call the sequel The Perv 2X. I mean Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 04:44 PM
    You need to get over BBOS, or BB10 or whatever you think BlackBerry WAS. Because it's Android for hardware or then somehow shift to software only...
    Tough pill to swallow. But spot on. BlackBerry is changing. If you don't evolve, you die. Period. Get over it.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 06:38 PM
    Like your Priv cleaner. Don't listen to people who think it's just a name. It's offensive. It's ghoulish. It's morbid. It's juvenile. Yes a name can and will away a lot of potential buyers.

BlackBerry screws itself every chance they get.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    Not everyone cares about the name as much as you guys do. You're discounting a large group of people who... quite frankly don't care.

Posted via CB10
    A_Aviator_A likes this.
    10-05-15 06:39 PM
    Like your Priv cleaner. Don't listen to people who think it's just a name. It's offensive. It's ghoulish. It's morbid. It's juvenile. Yes a name can and will away a lot of potential buyers.

BlackBerry screws itself every chance they get.

And there are people who have grown to like the name. Myself included. Everyone hated "iPad" when it was new. Now look at it!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 06:40 PM
    Really good write up. 4K confirmed.

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-priv-64-b...deo-confirmed/

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 09:37 PM
    Not everyone cares about the name as much as you guys do. You're discounting a large group of people who... quite frankly don't care.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you. The first day three were so many people really angry about this. But as a species we are pretty complacent and have a lot of apathy when it comes to standing up for what you think is right.

I still can't believe this name. But I've accepted that hardly anyone cares about this except for me. Maybe they'll build another slider next year and name it something different.

It's just my luck that I've dreampt of a slider to replace my 9810, and after years of not getting one they put out one named Priv. I know Chen is up there in Canada laughing at what he did to me.

extisis likes this.
    10-05-15 10:39 PM
    Keep the name, I don't care BUT I don't want a stinking Android OS. Blackberry says they are a software company SO load some with BB10. I am sick of all the remarks about Blackberry has no choice, BS I say.
    10-05-15 11:54 PM
    Keep the name, I don't care BUT I don't want a stinking Android OS. Blackberry says they are a software company SO load some with BB10. I am sick of all the remarks about Blackberry has no choice, BS I say.
    BS? How do you figure. They were down to 800,000 phones last quarter. And the trend is a steady decline. You're love of BlackBerry 10 blinds you from the truth. What would you propose they do? Sell BlackBerry 10 for one or two more quarters...until they sell no phones and BlackBerry shuts down its handest unit? I'd love to hear your magical plan on how BlackBerry 10 sales would have increased after years of decline.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 02:43 AM
    I already told all my friends about priv and most of them are interested.

still we hope BlackBerry do the advertising right this time

Posted from widest and fastest phone ever, the lovely Blackberry Passport.| previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    10-07-15 08:47 AM
    We forget that we as fans have the power to spread the word! If you love BlackBerry post this everywhere you can! Your BBM status, FB, Twitter, anywhere... get the word out. BlackBerry people Keep Moving? Prove it.

 BlackBerry Priv  Privacy on Android  Apps You Love  Slide-Out Keyboard 

Posted via CB10
    I will help promote it on my 10 twitter accounts and 10 FB pages with Hootsuite.

Some people have half empty glasses. Mine is always half full.

GL BB

PIN 829A "You're only known for the worst thing you do" DSO 1978
    europolska00 likes this.
    10-07-15 09:10 AM
    10-08-15 12:34 PM
    10-08-15 12:34 PM
    BS? How do you figure. They were down to 800,000 phones last quarter. And the trend is a steady decline. You're love of BlackBerry 10 blinds you from the truth. What would you propose they do? Sell BlackBerry 10 for one or two more quarters...until they sell no phones and BlackBerry shuts down its handest unit? I'd love to hear your magical plan on how BlackBerry 10 sales would have increased after years of decline.

Posted via CB10
    NOT my job to sell phones for anyone. As I said load some with BB10 and I will buy one, load them all with Android and I would not buy one. Seems pretty simple to me.
    10-09-15 01:32 AM
    NOT my job to sell phones for anyone. As I said load some with BB10 and I will buy one, load them all with Android and I would not buy one. Seems pretty simple to me.
    You still didn't address how the move is BS. It's the right business move. BlackBerry 10 handets were dead whether they switched to Android or not. This at least gives them a shot to not close the hardware division. You won't buy one? Boo hoo...

BlackBerry won't miss you. BlackBerry 10 holds less than 1% market share. Android has over 80%. BlackBerry doesn't care if you leave, because this move means more than 80 people could buy a BlackBerry for every person like you who leaves.

So in other words, good bye to you, and good work BlackBerry. I'm not a fan of Android, but I will adapt. And I'm at least very happy that I will still get to have a BlackBerry product.

Posted via CB10
    deremi likes this.
    10-09-15 08:46 AM
    I agree to pre judge something?

He must have been the kid that laid down, kicked and screamed when mommy didn't let him have his way!!

PIN 829A "You're only known for the worst thing you do" DSO 1978
    10-09-15 05:24 PM
    Your estimate is probably conservative, <1% could mean at .1% - for every one of him there is 800 new android users.
    10-09-15 05:55 PM
    Your estimate is probably conservative, <1% could mean at .1% - for every one of him there is 800 new android users.
    You might be right.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 07:22 PM
    10-10-15 12:42 AM
    Cool ad, did you create it?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 03:04 PM
    After listen to Chen talking after the ER... I'm not sure how much he believes in the PRIV. I would like to see them go all in on the PRIV... spending a lot, maybe as much at HTC does? But I think Chen is going to be VERY conservative with whatever cash they have remaining, and I'm still not sure if this will be a consumer targeted device, or an enterprise device. In a couple of months we should know what BlackBerry and Carrier's plan to do to support sales of the PRIV.
    The question is how many of those 28million likes are going to be an actual Priv purchase? Also, Chen obviously doesn't have the final say on how to spend the "3 Billion" in cash. If so, then he's following the pattern of the other CEOs(during their time) by assuming smartphones are going to sell on hype- with the Priv selling just because it's another Android that happens to have BlackBerry security.
    10-10-15 03:29 PM
    You still didn't address how the move is BS. It's the right business move. BlackBerry 10 handets were dead whether they switched to Android or not. This at least gives them a shot to not close the hardware division. You won't buy one? Boo hoo...

BlackBerry won't miss you. BlackBerry 10 holds less than 1% market share. Android has over 80%. BlackBerry doesn't care if you leave, because this move means more than 80 people could buy a BlackBerry for every person like you who leaves.

So in other words, good bye to you, and good work BlackBerry. I'm not a fan of Android, but I will adapt. And I'm at least very happy that I will still get to have a BlackBerry product.

Posted via CB10
    NO I'm not leaving Blackberry, I'm just not joining Android.
    10-11-15 01:07 AM
    And there are people who have grown to like the name. Myself included. Everyone hated "iPad" when it was new. Now look at it!

Posted via CB10
    Still hate it! (iPad).

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 01:12 AM
    I laugh every time I read a Blackberry fanboy refer to Apple users as iSheep, when in fact Blackberry fanboys, are so much worse....
    ...because they are the iSheep, and we are the BlackSheep?

Posted via CB10
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    10-11-15 01:37 AM
    Cool ad, did you create it?

Posted via CB10
    Yes I did.
    10-11-15 03:39 AM
    NO I'm not leaving Blackberry, I'm just not joining Android.
    BlackBerry has done the right thing by going Android and nobody cares that you won't buy it. Not a single soul. Not BlackBerry. Not me. No one!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 04:38 AM
70 123