10-14-15 09:34 AM
70 123
tools
    We forget that we as fans have the power to spread the word! If you love BlackBerry post this everywhere you can! Your BBM status, FB, Twitter, anywhere... get the word out. BlackBerry people Keep Moving? Prove it.

 BlackBerry Priv  Privacy on Android  Apps You Love  Slide-Out Keyboard 

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 11:17 PM
    I've been posting this to @blackberry and @JohnChen but they never answer.

Let's Help Advertise BlackBerry Priv!-brick-privy-small.jpg

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    Asvertus, extisis, cgk and 3 others like this.
    09-29-15 01:29 AM
    Sir,

I commend you - my morning coffee almost ended up over my screen.
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-29-15 02:05 AM
    Well, we can get John Legend to advertise it.

"Love your curves and all your edges All your perfect imperfections"
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-29-15 02:17 AM
    I'll do it if they pay me. Or I'll do it for free for the next high end full touch with BB10 OS!

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    10-04-15 10:14 PM
    I'll do it if they pay me. Or I'll do it for free for the next high end full touch with BB10 OS!

Posted via CB10
    If they stuck with BlackBerry 10 and didn't do Android BlackBerry 10 phones would be completely dead, you know that right?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 05:24 AM
    Do I need to recommend this as an add-on bundle for the BlackBerry Toilet?

*can't watch*

Let's Help Advertise BlackBerry Priv!-toilet-bowl-cleaner-13-oz-brush-free.jpg

I'm sorry but I was all hyped up about the Venice but have totally lost all interest when they finally revealed the device as Priv.

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    10-05-15 06:27 AM

*can't watch*

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TOILET-BOWL-CLEANER-13-OZ-BRUSH-FREE.jpg 
Views:	1675 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	374461

I'm sorry but I was all hyped up about the Venice but have totally lost all interest when they finally revealed the device as Priv.

So you won't buy a smartphone, that you were really interested, because of the name...right...the name isn't any weirder than that rationale.

The name was abrasive to me at first, but now I rather like it. You don't have to like it. But going to one extreme of "hyped for the device" to the extreme of "not buying it" over a name, that's juvenile.

Posted via CB10
    Smokeaire and Draven2666 like this.
    10-05-15 10:07 AM
    You need to let BlackBerry take the lead on this one....

One thing I noticed this weekend watching some football (only time I watch live TV with commercials).... both Apple and Carriers are really promoting the iPhone. I know we'll never get that level of commitment from Chen or Carriers, but the PRIV isn't going to be a success based on a little social media marketing from fans.
    10-05-15 10:41 AM
    Everyone has their opinions to what they like/dislike but I am definitely not adopting anything that has such a cr@ppy name in my opinion. I buy things based on names, designs, what features they have. For example, I like Apple product designs but I dislike the name iPhone especially anything with an "i" attached to it and I am definitely not a fan of iTunes and iOS so that's why I don't buy Apple products.

So you won't buy a smartphone, that you were really interested, because of the name...right...the name isn't any weirder than that rationale.

The name was abrasive to me at first, but now I rather like it. You don't have to like it. But going to one extreme of "hyped for the device" to the extreme of "not buying it" over a name, that's juvenile.

Posted via CB10

10-05-15 11:51 AM
    You need to let BlackBerry take the lead on this one....

One thing I noticed this weekend watching some football (only time I watch live TV with commercials).... both Apple and Carriers are really promoting the iPhone. I know we'll never get that level of commitment from Chen or Carriers, but the PRIV isn't going to be a success based on a little social media marketing from fans.
    Totally agree. Fair point.

I hope carriers are as on board with pushing the Priv as reports claim. I also hope Chen realizes their marketing is non-existant and that needs to change for this device.

I was just hoping that BlackBerry Fans stop bashing BlackBerry just because of Android. BlackBerry has enough haters.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 12:48 PM
    Everyone has their opinions to what they like/dislike but I am definitely not adopting anything that has such a cr@ppy name in my opinion. I buy things based on names, designs, what features they have. For example, I like Apple product designs but I dislike the name iPhone especially anything with an "i" attached to it and I am definitely not a fan of iTunes and iOS so that's why I don't buy Apple products.

The iPhone I heard has cooties. You might not want to buy that now either.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 12:51 PM
    Blackberry has over 28 million likes on facebook, and over 3-4 billion dollars in cash.

I don't think they need any help to advertise, if they really believe in the Priv, they'll use some of that cash and put their money where the mouth is.

I stopped recommending Blackberry since the Playbook, although I do own a z10 and passport myself.

Thank goodness I didn't recommend bb10 to anyone though, the fate of that is pretty much sealed too, and I've saved myself some embarrassment.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    10-05-15 12:58 PM
    Blackberry has over 28 million likes on facebook, and over 3-4 billion dollars in cash.

I don't think they need any help to advertise, if they really believe in the Priv, they'll use some of that cash and put their money where the mouth is.

I stopped recommending Blackberry since the Playbook, although I do own a z10 and passport myself.

Thank goodness I didn't recommend bb10 to anyone though, the fate of that is pretty much sealed too, and I've saved myself some embarrassment.

Posted via CB10
    Those are people who are still aware of BlackBerry. I mean advertising for the Android crowd, who may be former BlackBerry Fans and are now out of the loop. I still get people gawking at my Passport and asking if it just came out. BlackBerry needs to repair it's brand.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 01:21 PM
    Why oh why do fanboys feel it's necessary to waster their precious time trying to save a billion dollar corporation? I laugh every time I read a Blackberry fanboy refer to Apple users as iSheep, when in fact Blackberry fanboys, are so much worse....
    10-05-15 01:30 PM

After listen to Chen talking after the ER... I'm not sure how much he believes in the PRIV. I would like to see them go all in on the PRIV... spending a lot, maybe as much at HTC does? But I think Chen is going to be VERY conservative with whatever cash they have remaining, and I'm still not sure if this will be a consumer targeted device, or an enterprise device. In a couple of months we should know what BlackBerry and Carrier's plan to do to support sales of the PRIV.
    10-05-15 01:30 PM
    After listen to Chen talking after the ER... I'm not sure how much he believes in the PRIV. I would like to see them go all in on the PRIV... spending a lot, maybe as much at HTC does? But I think Chen is going to be VERY conservative with whatever cash they have remaining, and I'm still not sure if this will be a consumer targeted device, or an enterprise device. In a couple of months we should know what BlackBerry and Carrier's plan to do to support sales of the PRIV.
    I agree that Chen was lukewarm about Priv. But I wondered if that was because this was not supposed to be revealed yet, they had to because of the leaks.

I think their intent is consumer. Mostly because he did discus consumers not having all of the apps they wanted and going Android would correct this issue. But enterprise is definitely part of their play, especially them buying Good. Good gives them more Android and Apple MDM and a sales force.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 01:36 PM
    Let's Help Advertise BlackBerry Priv!-img_20151003_192543_edit.png

Let's advertise this Priv.
    Maybe if it became the new Angry Birds, BlackBerry would stop this Priv nonsense.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    10-05-15 01:43 PM

Name:	IMG_20151003_192543_edit.png 
Views:	323 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	374515

Let's advertise this Priv.
    Maybe if it became the new Angry Birds, BlackBerry would stop this Priv nonsense.

You need to get over BBOS, or BB10 or whatever you think BlackBerry WAS. Because it's Android for hardware or then somehow shift to software only...
    10-05-15 01:48 PM
    In fact let's hope he doesn't spend anything on marketing the Priv. We will all have to hang our heads in shame when the adverts are on the lines of:

"The all new BlackBerry Priv, now running 'Google'"

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    10-05-15 03:22 PM
    You need to get over BBOS, or BB10 or whatever you think BlackBerry WAS. Because it's Android for hardware or then somehow shift to software only...
    I accept that this phone is Android. And if the company doesn't get out of handsets altogether that the next phone after that will be Android.

What I don't get is the name Priv. And I won't ever get over that, because it's a mistake Chen could have avoided on day one of the leak.

10-05-15 03:25 PM

*can't watch*

Name:	TOILET-BOWL-CLEANER-13-OZ-BRUSH-FREE.jpg 
Views:	1675 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	374461

Like your Priv cleaner. Don't listen to people who think it's just a name. It's offensive. It's ghoulish. It's morbid. It's juvenile. Yes a name can and will away a lot of potential buyers.

BlackBerry screws itself every chance they get.

nhanken likes this.
    10-05-15 03:30 PM
    I don't get the point of saving the company if they don't do software. Hardware is such a small portion of the package and really is nothing without the software to make it unique. Anyone can and will produce the same or better hardware but now you are already running the same software as everyone else. Its like getting into bottled water business.... You can get it anywhere and you are competing against others that sell based on just brand image.
    10-05-15 03:32 PM
    Why oh why do fanboys feel it's necessary to waster their precious time trying to save a billion dollar corporation? I laugh every time I read a Blackberry fanboy refer to Apple users as iSheep, when in fact Blackberry fanboys, are so much worse....
    How are fanboys worse than sheep? Make a clear comparison don't just throw periods...............

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 03:39 PM
    Chen saw the reaction of this forum community when B1aze brought it to his attention. 80% of the polled members hated the name. I cant say if it has cooled me to the point of not wanting to buy it entirely, but I definitely lost some optimism that they are going to get the device right when they cant get the first thing, the name right. I know if I do buy it I will never be calling it a priv because I think its a dumb name. It will be the slider or the new blackberry until another blackberry comes out and takes the mantle as the new blackberry. Id love the device to sell but really hope it doesnt encourage further stupid names. Keep in mind, if the slider ever gets to a second generation then the stupid name of priv lives on.

Posted via CB10
    nhanken likes this.
    10-05-15 03:41 PM
70 123