09-17-13 06:31 PM
34 12
tools
    Found this image on twitter. This definitely isn't the Z10.

Leaked partial image of next BB10 touch screen phone?-blwn-prcaaewnxl.jpg

Here's the link to the original tweet: https://twitter.com/jmznvs/status/341191622081511426

Edit:

A new image has arisen claiming to be the Z5.

Leaked partial image of next BB10 touch screen phone?-z5white.png

Here's the article:

So this morning I posted to twitter the bottom of what was sent to me as a “Z5″ however looking at the image I highly suspect it to be a fake. I emailed back the sender asking the legitimacy of the image. I only got another image, and more questions. Why haven’t we heard of the “Z5″ the mid-ranged all touch device to brother the Q5? In my opinion that’s because BlackBerry doesn’t intend to launch one, not for several months anyway. With the Aristo set to arrive early this holiday season, it will essentially dwarf the Z10, and make it a “mid-ranged all touch”. SO what are we looking at exactly? Your guess is as good as mine. Someone on photo shop with too much time or a promotional image that has leaked out–I was ready to completely disregard the image as false, until the original sender sent me this: (Click to Enlarge-the photo is HUGE)
    http://berryflow.com/blackberry-z5/
    Last edited by ad19; 06-02-13 at 11:17 PM.
    Korepab, Bbnivende and Acumenight like this.
    06-02-13 10:54 AM
    White Z10?
    Deep Blue likes this.
    06-02-13 11:05 AM
    Could very easily just be a Photoshop job, but it's difficult to say with so little to work with. The design is similar to the Q5's (rounded black bezel, different colour body), so maybe this is the mid-range full-touch device?
    06-02-13 11:07 AM
    Yeah it really isn't much to work with at all. What is there though looks ugly IMO.
    iN10Se likes this.
    06-02-13 11:09 AM
    looks alright,reminds me of an egg.Shame the the next full touch screen phone is 5 inch.If it was 4.5/6 i was in.
    06-02-13 11:40 AM
    Looks like a computer screen image.
    Maybe a white Q5 with the keyboard conveniently photo shopped out to give it a rounded look.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:24 PM
    Also where is the small opening you'd expect at the bottom for speaking into the device??
    Now that I think of it definitely a photo shop job

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:26 PM
    Looks like a lower end Z10, maybe a Z5?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:56 PM
    I hope this isn't true. BlackBerry started off with good phones and are now are producing cheap, ugly ones.
    06-02-13 02:06 PM
    I hope this isn't true. BlackBerry started off with good phones and are now are producing cheap, ugly ones.
    needs to be a phone for every market i guess..
    06-02-13 08:08 PM
    Could be fake, but, would be nice if they had one low, mid, and high end phone in both touch and qwerty

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 08:47 PM
    Looks like a lower end Z10, maybe a Z5?

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking the same think. Especially after you already said it was not the same device that you got to see. It does have similar characteristics to the Q5 so maybe. Guess we will just have to wait and see. Either way, love when leaked photos come out.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-02-13 09:29 PM
    See the first post for an update.
    06-02-13 11:17 PM
    Q5, A10, letter+#whatever; ... just 2 things from "my personal" perspective.

1)
    BBRY does NOT need a "mid-to-low end" Curve-like device when there continue to be performance & reliability concerns with "some number/batches" of the flagship hi-end ones. I "get" that a lower price range device is necessary to pre-saturate various markets, but "proceed with caution" is my only advice on that front.

2)
    I can't upgrade my legacy Torch 9800 yet due to carrier contract-lock, even at $99 (or Lower!!!) for the Z10 as it's being offered already, and I won't until I see what the remaining 3 (or 2, now?) devices are this year.
    What I WILL say with 100% certainty is that ONLY a Z10-sized BB10 version of the Torch SLIDER will get me excited enough to blow a load at the retail store ... whenever it hits the shelves AND I'm eligible to upgrade without a ransom's payment (TWO devices!!).

For what it's worth, my only BBRY contact who's saying "anything" has hinted at "something coming around the End of Summer," so I'd expect to see whatever device #4 is to get "announced" sometime in August & released through the Sept-Nov timeframe.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    06-03-13 01:20 AM
    We saw the same quotes of the Z10, Q10 and the Q5 only to find that the device looks great in real life. Often too these "leaks" turn out to be the real thing. Personally I really like the design.

The Z5 - could be a big seller... less $ per unit but they have to get more people buying.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 06-03-13 at 02:35 AM.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-03-13 02:04 AM
    Cool if it's true. But q5 is better IMO

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 02:09 AM
    Nokia style anyone. Looks like the HTC one X or one s whatever its called. Z10 is an awesome design.
    06-03-13 05:38 AM
    I don't think we'll see a Z5. My guess is that when the Aristo is released the Z10's pricing will slide, making it the mid-end phone (and why not - they've got full price from those who wanted it right off the bat, and now they can plug a hole in their lineup for minimal R&D and app-development cost!) Besides, look at the price of the Z10 on contract - it's at $50 in Canada right now. It won't take long to hit $25 or even $0.
    06-03-13 11:41 AM
    I read an article today that had a different perspective which I think would be the best move BlackBerry could make as a company. The perspective was that there would be no release of a lower end, all touch device labelled the Z5. Instead, what was suggested as a possible scenario is that when the next major flagship is launched, the Z10 would be discounted and enable it to enter the "emerging markets" at an affordable price.

With the device in question, I feel this is a really good photoshop.
    06-03-13 10:47 PM
    I read an article today that had a different perspective which I think would be the best move BlackBerry could make as a company. The perspective was that there would be no release of a lower end, all touch device labelled the Z5. Instead, what was suggested as a possible scenario is that when the next major flagship is launched, the Z10 would be discounted and enable it to enter the "emerging markets" at an affordable price.

Do you think this might "devalue" the brand? It's different from Apple's case, in which the newly released phone is a new reiteration. In that case, yes, it makes sense that its cheaper.

With the device in question, I feel this is a really good photoshop.
    06-04-13 04:22 AM
    I wouldn't actually be surprised to see the z10 to be phased out rather than continue at a lower price range, by the time they intended to target lower price ranges with it they could probably produce a cheaper handset using a 4.5" 720p display and an s400 replacing the s4.
    06-04-13 07:30 AM
    I wouldn't actually be surprised to see the z10 to be phased out rather than continue at a lower price range, by the time they intended to target lower price ranges with it they could probably produce a cheaper handset using a 4.5" 720p display and an s400 replacing the s4.
    Question : What affect does moving from 768 ( Z10) to 720 p mean for screen sizes ? and for the potential for a cheaper "Z5". Not a rhetorical question.
    06-04-13 12:03 PM
    Well the z10 is the only one with 768 they said and afterwards it would be 720 cause they want to make it easier on developers with two screen sizes.

That's what I remember it being.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 02:31 PM
    Question : What affect does moving from 768 ( Z10) to 720 p mean for screen sizes ? and for the potential for a cheaper "Z5". Not a rhetorical question.
    The issue is not so much the 768p vs 720p display that pushes up the price of that display so much as it being a 4.2" display with a high ppi, whereas these days 4.5" and 720p is a mainstream mass-market display so volumes would make that one better suited to a cheaper model.

As far as why they would move to 720p, that has always been their stated plan for devices after the z10.
    06-04-13 07:31 PM
    There have been supposed part images of this on certain websites.
    Attached Thumbnails Leaked partial image of next BB10 touch screen phone?-z5_2.png  
    06-04-13 09:27 PM
34 12