01-30-15 06:35 PM
92 ... 234
tools
    I don't have an issue with the screen, but how is a software update improving the screen? Is it simply enhancing the fonts? Maybe we'll actually get 10.3.1 sometime this year. Not loading a leak as their seems to be many more reported issues with these than I remember with the 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    The current BB10.2.1 has a 4 row Icon setup. The BB10.3.1 has a 5 row. The ICONS look flatter and clear. They are also smaller. They just look cleaner visually on BB10.3.1.
    01-28-15 01:35 PM
    That's hilarious. The Z30 gets an award based on votes from CB fanaticals on a tiny site. And that's what you're using a a reference souce? What a joke.

If the Z10 was that popular it wouldn't have been such a failure.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    Before you comment, why not try and actually visit the links I presented, instead of embarrassing yourself with adolescent comments.
    Both Z10 and Z30 both won many awards. Reviews off Best Buy, Future Shop, Verizon, AT&T, UK Carriers, USA/Canada Carriers, any retail shop that sold these devices are overwhelmingly positive.
    What made these devices great? BB10.
    3MIKE likes this.
    01-28-15 01:39 PM
    Before you comment, why not try and actually visit the links I presented, instead of embarrassing yourself with adolescent comments.
    Both Z10 and Z30 both won many awards. Reviews off Best Buy, Future Shop, Verizon, AT&T, UK Carriers, USA/Canada Carriers, any retail shop that sold these devices are overwhelmingly positive.
    You're right. My bad. They were both so amazing that they sold well and we're highly profitable devices. Well regarded tech sites gave them rave reviews.

01-28-15 01:57 PM
    Awards and Reviews don't equal sales..... and sales are what keep a company in business.

Also you have to look at who are buying devices and doing those reviews.... family tries to take care of their own.
    01-28-15 02:19 PM
    Awards and Reviews don't equal sales..... and sales are what keep a company in business.
    Also you have to look at who are buying devices and doing those reviews.... family tries to take care of their own.
    Are you Insinuating that BBRY family employees are creating positive reviews of BB10 hardware? Hope Not LOL.
    There are many good reviews and there are some that are plain Crap with the reviewer clearly indicating a Bias.

Example: BS Reviews, one on YouTube, the so called Tech Genius Guy picks up a Z10 to review it. He couldn't figure out how to turn it on, so he tosses it behind him, it hit a wall then fell on the floor, and gave it a Fail with a 1 out of 10 rating. And "Highly" Recommended people not to buy it.
    What he did not realize is he completely discredited himself, a so called tech guy, and embarrassed himself beyond reconciliation/repair. Basically killed his own tech website. The YouTube comments ripped into this guy and his site. Even iPhone and Android users that were curious about BB10 and the Z10 ripped into him.
    I can't see that YouTube video anymore, it may have gotten pulled due to utter embarrassment. Mind you this was around 2 to 3 weeks after the Z10 was officially available.
    You're right. My bad. They were both so amazing that they sold well and we're highly profitable devices. Well regarded tech sites gave them rave reviews.

Love the sarcasm. No really lol.
    Great devices don't sell themselves, at least not in BlackBerry's case. Because they helped contribute a negative image on themselves. BBRY has a marketing problem, they do not know how to perform such a thing. That is one reason why sales were not as good at they could have been. John Chen is in the process of rectifying the issues.
    01-28-15 06:42 PM
    Check out the BlackBerry Trade Up program to see if this is something for you:

https://tradeup.blackberry.com/en/us...tartQuote.html
    01-28-15 08:21 PM
    Are you Insinuating that BBRY family employees are creating positive reviews of BB10 hardware? Hope Not LOL.
    There are many good reviews and there are some that are plain Crap with the reviewer clearly indicating a Bias.

Example: BS Reviews, one on YouTube, the so called Tech Genius Guy picks up a Z10 to review it. He couldn't figure out how to turn it on, so he tosses it behind him, it hit a wall then fell on the floor, and gave it a Fail with a 1 out of 10 rating. And "Highly" Recommended people not to buy it.
    What he did not realize is he completely discredited himself, a so called tech guy, and embarrassed himself beyond reconciliation/repair. Basically killed his own tech website. The YouTube comments ripped into this guy and his site. Even iPhone and Android users that were curious about BB10 and the Z10 ripped into him.
    I can't see that YouTube video anymore, it may have gotten pulled due to utter embarrassment. Mind you this was around 2 to 3 weeks after the Z10 was officially available.

Love the sarcasm. No really lol.
    Great devices don't sell themselves, at least not in BlackBerry's case. Because they helped contribute a negative image on themselves. BBRY has a marketing problem, they do not know how to perform such a thing. That is one reason why sales were not as good at they could have been. John Chen is in the process of rectifying the issues.
    It's the BlackBerry faithful that are responsible for most of the positive reviews and the votes in online polls. How many times have three been threads here on CB calling on all board members to vote for a BB10 device?

And whole marketing was an issue it wasn't the primary problem. The devices were mediocre at best, with specs that simply didn't match up to the competition. Even BlackBerry had to eventually admit that the devices and OS over promised and under delivered. Advertising them would hardly have changed that fact.

anon1727506 likes this.
    01-28-15 09:10 PM
    You do not have any substantiated information to prove such a thing. BlackBerry faithful posting positive reviews all over the internet. Are you kidding me? Go on to the Amazon website and read peoples reviews. The majority come off other mobile platforms. Off iPhones and off Androids. Though I agree that the marketing was nothing but none existent, it was part of the bigger problem, and surely contributed to lack luster sales.

Android Manufacturers lost the ability to innovate, and rely on clobbering each other with who has better specs, despite the fact Android will not benefit from such high specs. Anybody claiming otherwise is being dishonest. The BB10 OS is by far the best there is out to date. BB10 runs well on low/mid/high spec'ed phones. BB10 did have minor issues at launch, just like any other new OS and new OS update. A normal process unfortunately. Explains why it was delayed for a full year. But got rectified via BB10.2 & later 10.2.1.

Ask yourself why Apple sells a ton of iPhones with garbage specs, and sells them for a huge premium? Image Quality, Apple (Unfortunately) has made its name quite reputable among its massive followers. BlackBerry used to be like that, market a product for the total experience, not just hardware specs.

This is why you find the Z30 today blows any full touch smart phone in the water. The inclusion of BB10.3.1 will further its lead over the best full touches. The problem, people don't know the Z30 exists.

To battle this and rectify the BlackBerry image, they must start competing on hardware specifications. This is what consumers 1st look at, then the OS. For example, people buy Nokia phones because they are Nokia phones. To there surprise, many returned those Nokia phones back to the store because they dislike the Windows Phone OS. Hence why Microsoft had hardware sales declines quarter over quarter. What will happen with Microsoft replaces the Nokia logo/name with there own?
    01-28-15 09:38 PM
    You do not have any substantiated information to prove such a thing. BlackBerry faithful posting positive reviews all over the internet. Are you kidding me? Go on to the Amazon website and read peoples reviews. The majority come off other mobile platforms. Off iPhones and off Androids. Though I agree that the marketing was nothing but none existent, it was part of the bigger problem, and surely contributed to lack luster sales.

Android Manufacturers lost the ability to innovate, and rely on clobbering each other with who has better specs, despite the fact Android will not benefit from such high specs. Anybody claiming otherwise is being dishonest. The BB10 OS is by far the best there is out to date. BB10 runs well on low/mid/high spec'ed phones. BB10 did have minor issues at launch, just like any other new OS and new OS update. A normal process unfortunately. Explains why it was delayed for a full year. But got rectified via BB10.2 & later 10.2.1.

Ask yourself why Apple sells a ton of iPhones with garbage specs, and sells them for a huge premium? Image Quality, Apple (Unfortunately) has made its name quite reputable among its massive followers. BlackBerry used to be like that, market a product for the total experience, not just hardware specs.

This is why you find the Z30 today blows any full touch smart phone in the water. The inclusion of BB10.3.1 will further its lead over the best full touches. The problem, people don't know the Z30 exists.

To battle this and rectify the BlackBerry image, they must start competing on hardware specifications. This is what consumers 1st look at, then the OS. For example, people buy Nokia phones because they are Nokia phones. To there surprise, many returned those Nokia phones back to the store because they dislike the Windows Phone OS. Hence why Microsoft had hardware sales declines quarter over quarter. What will happen with Microsoft replaces the Nokia logo/name with there own?
    Yes, there are many people from other platforms that loved BB10 devices so much that they posted positive reviews but apparently never bought the devices since sales were so poor. Sure.

Z30 blows other devices away. Yeah right. Terrible screen. Specs that are two years old. A camera that wasn't great at launch. No cool tech that the competition has. Only the BlackBerry faithful claim the Z30 is the best device on the market. They're issued to several hundred people in administrative capacities by my employer. Not one of them has dropped their other platform or made any comments that would suggest they think it's better than their current device. Reviewers certainly didn't think so either.

01-28-15 10:09 PM
    The Z10 is a great device. Though it's specs are based on 2012, still a great device and the perfect size. Women love it.
    I sold my Z10 last night for $200AUD. Just before the guy (he looked like a drug dealer btw) came to pick it up, I gripped the Z10 and remembered how much I loved the size. I've owned a Z30 for over 6 months now and still think it's too big at times, I would've loved it if BB had upgraded the Z10 with a better CPU, bigger battery, used a slightly larger screen and have gotten rid of all those ridiculously sized bezels.
    I don't think the Z30 is one of the greatest handsets out there, it's quite heavy, the screen's resolution is low for a flagship and it's crap outdoors under the sun. All it has going for it is better battery life, a better cpu, fm radio, and USB OTG.
    01-29-15 04:55 AM
    SALES... with what maybe 18 million in sales of BB10 devices so far... with an original user base of close to 80 million I doubt there are really many first time owners of BB10 devices. Some yes, but the majority are by far "family". Then take a look at how many of those 18 Million were 2nd time, 3rd time, 4th time.... buyers. Some here have owned just about every device released, so you might have users that have reviewed every BB10 device release at this point.

I'm not saying all the reviews are incorrect... just that maybe they are a little more positive than what a device that has a broader appeal might get. It's like when CrackBerry does a review of a BB10 product and then you go look at another 10 other reviews and it's apparent that CrackBerry is understandable a little bias. And if one or two reviews from a year ago said it was a great device at that time (except for the lack of apps that made it impossible to keep using), many here latch onto that and ignore the realities of that was a year ago. Most every smartphone manufacture is on a 12 month update schedule or sooner for some.... And thus this tread.... we need some newer and better hardware if BlackBerry wants to keep many of the consumers that have been faithful to the platform up to this point.
    01-29-15 07:44 AM
    CrackBerry is touch on BB10 reviews. They do not sugar coat it, they tell it as it is. The reason the Z10 and Z30 for example blew higher spec'ed phones like the iPhone and Android phones in speed was because of BB10 and how far superior it is. I mean, you have one and you can admit BB10 is quite fast and intuitive yes?

And I fully agree BBRY needs newer hardware to help fix its image problems of being labeled as having old obsolete hardware. This is not true anymore.
    Passport & Classic serve a purpose. But they still need to come out with newer Z10 and Z30 replacements for existing Z10 owners and for customers that want only a full touch.
    01-29-15 01:52 PM
    What will happen with Microsoft replaces the Nokia logo/name with there own?
    They already have.
    01-29-15 09:30 PM
    CrackBerry is touch on BB10 reviews. They do not sugar coat it, they tell it as it is.
    That's laughable. CB, the home of fanatical BlackBerry supporters, is impartial. Please.

BB_Junky likes this.
    01-29-15 10:54 PM
    If your contract is almost up, drop Verizon and go AT&T, grab the passport. Worth it man. $70/mo, unlimited talk, text 3GB of data. Same coverage as I had with VZW. Way better customer service. I was on a group plan with some family, we SHARED 4GB a month and my portion of that bill was $95/mo.

Passport (unlocked) via AT&T
    nt300 likes this.
    01-30-15 01:31 AM
    That's laughable. CB, the home of fanatical BlackBerry supporters, is impartial. Please.

You are entitled to your opinion. But I tell you CB is hard on BBRY. Especially BB10. Even N4BB, RapidMobile, BerryReview etc., are quite hard on the company. As for having a bias, we'll perhaps, but not as strong as the good old Apple Fanatics.

Posted by Q5
    01-30-15 10:54 AM
    If you have the money, dear Op, you probably should go with a combination of an iPhone and a Passport.
    Like this you have the best of all possible worlds.

From keyboards, over an SD card reader, to a mail app that can actually handle attachments etc (Passport) , combined with the best ecosystem in the industry and the best aftersale support(iPhone) .
    The Passport and iphone6 is my setup. Main driver is the Passport of course. Iphone for apps if not on Passport. Will sell iphone when BlackBerry gets better app coverage.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 06:35 PM
92 ... 234