01-30-15 07:35 PM
92 1234
tools
    That is it though just a rumored device.....the road map I guarantee you being revealed at mwc....will have the device you're looking for

Posted via CB10
    I agree with your sentiments. John Chen did clearly state the company is lean enough, no more waste within, and are now well positioned to concentrate on a growth strategy. By way of mas distribution.

Personally I can see a possible Passport 2,new QWERTY Probably Q30) and one full touch, perhaps a Z10 and/or a Z30 replacement. Obviously the full touch's need to be refreshed ASAP. People are lowly coming off contracts. Based on my figures, the majority of BB10 device owners are "Consumers" then Enterprise. Though I understand why John Chen is targeting the Enterprise. There's approx.: 50+ Million still using BBOS.
    01-11-15 03:15 PM
    Not with the BB10.3.1 update.
    I don't have an issue with the screen, but how is a software update improving the screen? Is it simply enhancing the fonts? Maybe we'll actually get 10.3.1 sometime this year. Not loading a leak as their seems to be many more reported issues with these than I remember with the 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 03:19 PM
    I thought you hated the keyboard on the Passport.
    Hate is such a strong word

I still don't like it, but it grew on me.
    To the point where I odered one myself. I got it on Monday. And had to send it back yesterday because I couldn't figure out how to make it run with our current enterprise setup (read as: we couldn't get the necessary apps to run).

It's actually a nice phone overall, some QC issues, very nice Display. I really like it for reading emails, graphs and articles/ebooks on a phone.
    Compared to my Z10, that needed 3 batteries a day, the Passport nearly made it through a day with only one charge.

I also definitely felt the difference in specs between the Passport and a Z10/30.
    Very similar to my current HTC One however (meaning, it's nothing special. But finally where a 600$ phone should be).

Anyhow, I still don't like the keyboard though.
    A normal keyboard with the normal 4th row, would have made so much more sense.
    I hated it to switch between physical and software keyboard, just like I imagined. It's a useless way of navigating the phone, because it directly contradicts the principles of a keyboard phone (writing with the keyboard).

It also definitely slows down my work flow, and therefore made writing slower than on my 9810 (which I found and then typed the same sentences on both phones to compare). It's still an annoyingly stupid concept imho, and there was no reason to exclude the 4th row, if it wasn't just change for the sake of change.

In terms of writing, the keyboard is the exact same letdown, I imagined it to be.
    Bbnivende and sentimentGX4 like this.
    01-16-15 06:27 AM
    I'm in a similar position for the OP. Contracts up next month and I'll be wanting a new phone.

The passport doesn't interest me and the z30 is hardly cutting edge now. But I love the blackberry 10 operating system.

Guess I'll just have to play the waiting game.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 06:33 AM
    I'm in a similar position for the OP. Contracts up next month and I'll be wanting a new phone.

The passport doesn't interest me and the z30 is hardly cutting edge now. But I love the blackberry 10 operating system.

Guess I'll just have to play the waiting game.

Posted via CB10
    If you can get a Z30 cheap, it is a great upgrade over the Z10. The GPU simply destroys all the other BB10 devices, minus the Passport of course. Given the specs of the Classic, and the rumored Rio Specs, it will still be high end for some time. I think BlackBerry should start leaking things now and not wait till MWC. Lots of customers are in your situation and BlackBerry can't afford to lose any of the BB10 customers that they have gotten to this point. All touch is what is selling in Enterprise too, so BlackBerry needs a competitive, and new offering for there, and a Rio is not it!

Posted via CB10
    01-16-15 07:35 AM
    If you can get a Z30 cheap, it is a great upgrade over the Z10. The GPU simply destroys all the other BB10 devices, minus the Passport of course. Given the specs of the Classic, and the rumored Rio Specs, it will still be high end for some time. I think BlackBerry should start leaking things now and not wait till MWC. Lots of customers are in your situation and BlackBerry can't afford to lose any of the BB10 customers that they have gotten to this point. All touch is what is selling in Enterprise too, so BlackBerry needs a competitive, and new offering for there, and a Rio is not it!

Posted via CB10
    Agree 100% I could upgrade today if I wanted, debating getting a Note 4 simply because there aren't even any solid rumours on a Z30/10 replacement

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-16-15 02:55 PM
    And had to send it back yesterday because I couldn't figure out how to make it run with our current enterprise setup (read as: we couldn't get the necessary apps to run).
    Can you elaborate?
    01-18-15 10:56 PM
    Can you elaborate?
    Well...
    My Company stopped to give out BlackBerries as work phones, at the end of last year, and switched over to iPhones and Androids while keeping BES.

A co-worker of mine has bought the Passport as his personal phone, but started to use it as his work phone, while making his company provided iPhone his personal phone.
    I pretty much wanted to do the same.

Which didn't work though, because our company started to use specific apps, for the different departments in our enterprise.
    The department where I am employed, needs a certain subsets of apps, which mostly aren't available on BlackBerries.

Since I can't do the required work with a BlackBerry now, and the Passport is a lacklustre consumer device, I decided to send it back to Amazon (and wait for better times).

This is a problem not only plaguing "my" enterprise though. This is a fight, that BlackBerry is currently losing in a lot of companies.
    Enterprise specific apps in BBW, just like custom BB10 business apps, are pretty rare compared to other platforms.

As the requirements of what a mobile device should achieve evolved, my company now has a situation where the business tool known as the BlackBerry, is inferior to a "toy", simply because I can't do the required work on the BlackBerry.
    Because of something basic like an app...
    01-19-15 03:39 PM
    Could you elaborate further on why the Android apps would not run? Without Android apps BlackBerry is DOA.
    01-20-15 04:05 AM
    Isn't their an issue with running Android apps in the Balance Workspace of the phone? I thought I remember that it can't run Android apps on the work space, just the personal space.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 02:18 PM
    Isn't their an issue with running Android apps in the Balance Workspace of the phone? I thought I remember that it can't run Android apps on the work space, just the personal space.

Posted via CB10

From BB Classic guide :

"Depending on the rules set by your administrator, the apps and features that are part of the
    available in your work space, personal space, or both. The following table describes the default
    BlackBerry 10 OS apps. The table doesn't describe the behavior of apps that you purchase from
    your administrator sends to your device."

I am assuming that an Android app that runs on the personal side should run on the business side IF the administrator puts in the app in the work space. Theoretically.
    01-20-15 04:25 PM
    It's getting time for me to replace my Z10 and unfortunately there isn't much of a BlackBerry replacement. Passport is way too big, and I'd like an all touch. Might go to windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 03:44 PM
    It's getting time for me to replace my Z10 and unfortunately there isn't much of a BlackBerry replacement. Passport is way too big, and I'd like an all touch. Might go to windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    You should def go and play with one in store for a bit. I went from the Z10 to the Z30 and then to the Passport and I initially thought, wow that thing is too big to lug around on the daily.

When I first put my hands on it at the Telus store I said, wow this thing is too big to lug around on the daily. But after a few minutes I found it pretty comfortable. I went back a few days later and it didn't seem so big. When I put it down and swiped up on my Z30 I said, wow this thing is kinds small. Hahah

Anyway, I hadn't had a pkb since the 9900 about 3 years ago and it took me a good 10 days to become comfortable with the keyboard. It took me around 3 weeks to become really proficient with it and to get to the point where it felt intuitive.

Long story short-ish, I really love the Passport now. It flies, has a really awesome screen and the battery is effing killer.

You should go check one out. It doesn't look like there is a new all touch coming anytime soon.

Via CB10, Passport 10.3.1.1154
    01-21-15 04:31 PM
    I don't know anything about a Lack of Upcoming Devices. Seems we are gonig to see a Full Touch Visa & Victoria, obviously with a twist. We also have a possible Samsung smart phone powered by BB10. Let's not let the cat out of the bag just yet. Mobile Congress 2015 should spell out what's really going on between Samsung & BlackBerry. Remember, it was Samsung that approached BlackBerry for assistance. Assistance with what? Security? Really, is that it?

Lack of upcoming devices is officially a problem-samsung-galaxy-x1.jpg
    01-25-15 07:13 PM
    What the? A Samsung with BB10. LOL
    01-25-15 07:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    I would wait and see what gets announced at the 2015 Mobile Congress. BBRY is suppose to announce a whole slew of devices for 2015. And possibly a PlayBook 2 tablet. A nice Z10 replacement with better specs would be the best move by BBRY, because its the perfect size phone and quite sexy too.
    01-25-15 08:00 PM
    My problem with waiting for Mobile Congress is BlackBerry might announce something but will they come to Verizon? Hard to get excited because I doubt we will know. No sense in getting excited like I did the Passport. It might as well not exist.

Also if they did announce it coming to Verizon... They will say summer and it will come out in December. Then announce 10.4 and Verizon won't get it until 2016, lol!

Posted via CB10
    devin266 likes this.
    01-25-15 10:42 PM
    It would be too much for you to change Carriers? I hate the fact Verizon does not support GSM.
    I heard that Verizon is in the process of getting rid of there CDMA network and going with GSM. But not sure how long that will take. It would be a good decision for BBRY to make sure all BB10 smart phones work on CDMA network on top of GSM.
    01-25-15 11:15 PM
    I am not going to switch carriers because
    1) Coverage
    2) Unlimited data
    3) Wife would get early cancellation fee

Coverage is the biggest issue. In rural America verizon and US cellular are really the only option (Midwest).

Literally whole counties where I live have zero GSM towers. That would mean not even making a phone call. Verizon has 4G almost in every small town now.

There is no comparison. Verizon is in a league of their own in the USA.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 07:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    You are not permitted to run Android Apps within the Balance Workspace, unless your Admin allows it. Not going to happen, because Android Apps are not 100% secure. So that is a none issue. Personal Space, no problem. Work space, Nope. Just BlackBerry World Apps certified by your ADMIN.
    I am not going to switch carriers because
    1) Coverage
    2) Unlimited data
    3) Wife would get early cancellation fee

Coverage is the biggest issue. In rural America verizon and US cellular are really the only option (Midwest).

Literally whole counties where I live have zero GSM towers. That would mean not even making a phone call. Verizon has 4G almost in every small town now.

There is no comparison. Verizon is in a league of their own in the USA.

Posted via CB10
    In that case, I hope BlackBerry starts releasing NEW BB10 Devices for Verizon too.
    01-26-15 08:00 PM
    Waa in similar situation nov 2013 hated z10 lost hope avout z30 so got note 3.

Only advice stick to bb10 not matter whst whether in one day or 100, you will regret it otherwise.
    01-27-15 04:54 AM
    The Z10 is a great device. Though it's specs are based on 2012, still a great device and the perfect size. Women love it.
    The Z30 obviously could have had better specs, but it's still the best full touch device. Won 2014 best smart phone. But still had 2012 specs.
    Reason, BB10 was suppose to be out by 2012, and was delayed about 12 months.

Posted by Q5
    01-27-15 12:17 PM
    The Z10 is a great device. Though it's specs are based on 2012, still a great device and the perfect size. Women love it.
    The Z30 obviously could have had better specs, but it's still the best full touch device. Won 2014 best smart phone. But still had 2012 specs.
    Reason, BB10 was suppose to be out by 2012, and was delayed about 12 months.

Posted by Q5
    Who are all these women that love the Z10? Where are you getting that from?

Z30 won smartphone of the year according to who exactly?

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    01-27-15 12:42 PM
    2014 - Mobile Madness winner: the BlackBerry Z30.
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/03...-madness-2014/

http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...n-the-red.html

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-z...t-design-award

Based on form factor and user reviews, the Z10 is the most attractive size'ed device. People love the Z10 based on user reviews. I've spoken to many women using the Z10 and it fits well in there hands and wallets.

Posted by Q5
    01-28-15 11:04 AM
    2014 - Mobile Madness winner: the BlackBerry Z30.
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/03...-madness-2014/

http://press.blackberry.com/press/20...n-the-red.html

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-z...t-design-award

Based on form factor and user reviews, the Z10 is the most attractive size'ed device. People love the Z10 based on user reviews. I've spoken to many women using the Z10 and it fits well in there hands and wallets.

Posted by Q5
    That's hilarious. The Z30 gets an award based on votes from CB fanaticals on a tiny site. And that's what you're using a a reference souce? What a joke.

If the Z10 was that popular it wouldn't have been such a failure.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    01-28-15 02:21 PM
92 1234