01-30-15 06:35 PM
92 1234
tools
    Z30, faster and more CPU power than Z10

I liked my Z10but I like my Z30 better, especially running 10.3.1.1154.

Posted via CB10
    With 10.3.1.1949 it is even better
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-02-15 06:16 PM
    The camera focus my z10 broke after an unfortunate incident involving the roof of my car and me being forgetful.

My contract is almost up and I don't want to jump ship. I'd be all over a passport of they had one for verizon. I have no desire for a z3. I like the z30 but it's older as devices go already and I don't want to waste my contract update for something that will be antiquated in the next few months. I actually use my camera a lot for mobile banking and video of my athletes. I don't know what to do.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Don't stress over it man. Just buy a verizon Z30 off amazon or crackberry. It's a solid phone and a great upgrade from the Z10. You'll love it. Just use it to bide your time until something else comes along to verizon.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 06:58 PM
    Thanks for your well thought out and detailed reply!

I've been leaning towards Android to be honest and yes I do want to upgrade the minute I can, that's just me, impatient!

Thanks for the 'Get a Device with High Resale Value' input, I hadn't thought of that, maybe I'll get a Note or something and if Blackberry does bring an appealing all touch out then I suppose I could sell it on and pay off the difference!

Posted via CB10
    Those new Notes are huge but they do look pretty nice. The GS5 is almost identical size to Z30, but their value is dropping. They were $509 right before Christmas. The bonus with Android is that some of the apps you buy could work in the future if you come back to BlackBerry. I might pick up a Galaxy tablet sometime this year just for this reason.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 07:13 PM
    Don't fall for the Z30 hype here on CrackBerry. Get another Z10 or wait for the Rio in February.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    My z30 is so much better than my z10 it is ridiculous. Don't listen to this person.

Posted via CB10
    lnichols likes this.
    01-02-15 11:39 PM
    My z30 is so much better than my z10 it is ridiculous.
    With the exception of the blurrier screen.
    01-03-15 07:44 AM
    Well I figured if I wrote " officially " in the thread title it would get more hits. Its def always a problem. My brother just picked up the LG g3 and it's pretty cool, but I hate android. I'm gonna try to hunt down a decent used z30, and pray that the passport 2 comes to Verizon

Posted via CB10
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    01-03-15 09:25 AM
    Can't please everyone. The screen seems perfectly fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-15 12:17 PM
    Can't please everyone. The screen seems perfectly fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    It's ok, but definitely not as crisp as the Z10. Much lower ppi.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    Last edited by crazigee; 01-06-15 at 05:31 AM.
    01-06-15 04:26 AM
    I actually prefer the screen on my Z30 over my Z10, the colours really pop on it, plus the extra size is a bonus.

Posted by Passport, Blackberry's Beast!
    01-06-15 04:53 AM
    I actually prefer the screen on my Z30 over my Z10, the colours really pop on it, plus the extra size is a bonus.

Posted by Passport, Blackberry's Beast!
    Me too, I'd heard all about the 'Lower' Quality of the Z30 screen, so it was the first thing I looked at when I got my Z30.

I had my phone side by side and the colours on the Z30 actually seemed warmer and looked better. The text on the Z30 also looks sharper to me.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 05:45 AM
    I don't consider the Z30 as an upgrade from a Z10. The spec gap is not wide enough. These phones seem to be based on 2 different lines of devices.
    Personally I expect a Z10 and Z30 successor. Because the majority and the original Z10/Z30 owners are looking to upgrade.
    Apple does this via iPhones.
    Samsung via Galaxy series.

BBRY can do the same with the Z series. One 4.4inch and One 5+inch screen full touch. All they need to do is monitor inventory so they won't over produce as they did with the original Z10.
    On a side note: Reason for the Mass Z10 Write Downs - The nonsense Doom/Gloom rumours and News did not help sales, but what nailed the Z10 in the coffin was the "For Sale Sign". That alone Sparked Mass Z10 returns. Yes based on my research via with BELL, Rogers, Telus, Verizon etc., people fell for the BS. And gave in. BBRY obviously made a huge error back then.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-06-15 08:22 AM
    On a side note.
    Spec wise the Z10 was meant for a 2012 release. But BB10 was delayed till 2013.

So it seems the new BBRY may perform a 2 year upgrade to its devices. That points to 2015. Perhaps John Chen is doing this just until they reach the goal set forth.

The good news, John Chen did clearly state, 2015 is going to be a growth year, increased distribution, and new devices. What kind of devices? We will soon find out this March 2015.

Those looking for an upgrade from a Z10/Z30, relax, and wait a bit. Especially if your phone is paid off already, enjoy the low carrier monthly payments for now.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 08:36 AM
    So we know that John Chen killed all the hardware in development except for the Passport and began developing the Classic. I would expect that he wants new designs going forward. I wouldn't expect any new versions of the first BB10 devices that didn't sell well.
    01-06-15 10:44 AM
    Me too, I'd heard all about the 'Lower' Quality of the Z30 screen, so it was the first thing I looked at when I got my Z30.

I had my phone side by side and the colours on the Z30 actually seemed warmer and looked better. The text on the Z30 also looks sharper to me.

Posted via CB10
    When I wiped my Z10 to give to my nephew and had my Z30 beside it, I found the Z30 screen to be far superior. Z10 was so tiny too. Z30 runs BB10 so much better than the Z10 too.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 12:10 PM
    There is no full touch on the horizon anytime soon so there is no point in waiting. a Z30 is best suited for a Z10 replacement. The Rio if it comes out is still not a Z30 killer.
    01-06-15 12:13 PM
    I don't consider the Z30 as an upgrade from a Z10. The spec gap is not wide enough. These phones seem to be based on 2 different lines of devices.
    Personally I expect a Z10 and Z30 successor. Because the majority and the original Z10/Z30 owners are looking to upgrade.
    Apple does this via iPhones.
    Samsung via Galaxy series.

BBRY can do the same with the Z series. One 4.4inch and One 5+inch screen full touch. All they need to do is monitor inventory so they won't over produce as they did with the original Z10.
    On a side note: Reason for the Mass Z10 Write Downs - The nonsense Doom/Gloom rumours and News did not help sales, but what nailed the Z10 in the coffin was the "For Sale Sign". That alone Sparked Mass Z10 returns. Yes based on my research via with BELL, Rogers, Telus, Verizon etc., people fell for the BS. And gave in. BBRY obviously made a huge error back then.

Posted via CB10
    I thought the same about the upgrade, but at the $250 price I paid for Z30 it is a huge upgrade to the Z10. Much smoother Bb10 experience and runs much quicker IMHO.

10.0 and 10.1 hurt Z10 sales much more than the for sale sign which didn't happen until 9 months after the Z10 launched. 10.0 had a nasty reboot issue. Poor app experience and selection prior to 10.2.1 also hurt the brand. Bb10 shouldn't have launched until 10.2.1, and the Z10 should have never have seen the light of day IMHO and after using 10.2.1 and the Z30. The Z10 simply has poor battery life and works too hard to run everything compared to the Z30.

That said it looks like they are just going to release a FrankenZ in the RIO that will not be an upgrade for either Z10 or Z30 owners.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 12:19 PM
    No ii

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 05:41 PM
    If you have the money, dear Op, you probably should go with a combination of an iPhone and a Passport.
    Like this you have the best of all possible worlds.

From keyboards, over an SD card reader, to a mail app that can actually handle attachments etc (Passport) , combined with the best ecosystem in the industry and the best aftersale support(iPhone) .
    neoberry99 likes this.
    01-09-15 03:08 AM
    I'm debating leaving Blackberry at the end of this month, when my upgrade is due. I really don't want to but they aren't giving me a choice, I won't be getting a phone with any lower specs than my Z30 and the only rumoured device is just that.

What are people's honest opinion here, is BlackBerry just isn't suiting my needs, is it time to leave?

Also any opinions on Android or Windows? I 100% will NOT Be getting an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    That is it though just a rumored device.....the road map I guarantee you being revealed at mwc....will have the device you're looking for

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 07:25 AM
    That is it though just a rumored device.....the road map I guarantee you being revealed at mwc....will have the device you're looking for
    Should be available early 2016. You just have to forego your upgrade for a year. Wasn't the Classic announced at MWC last year?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-09-15 09:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Edit: I hope you are right.
    01-09-15 07:32 PM
    If you have the money, dear Op, you probably should go with a combination of an iPhone and a Passport.
    Like this you have the best of all possible worlds.

From keyboards, over an SD card reader, to a mail app that can actually handle attachments etc (Passport) , combined with the best ecosystem in the industry and the best aftersale support(iPhone) .
    I thought you hated the keyboard on the Passport.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-11-15 11:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    So you have seen the roadmap and know this as fact? You are just hoping like everyone else and will find out what BlackBerry thinks Enterprise and Government customers want, which my not actually be what they want, or what you want.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 12:19 PM
    Not with the BB10.3.1 update.
    01-11-15 02:07 PM
    Should be available early 2016. You just have to forego your upgrade for a year. Wasn't the Classic announced at MWC last year?
    Nope.
    BB10 was being reworked to accommodate the too belt. If it hadn't been for that, the Classic would have come out 6+ months earlier if not sooner.
    01-11-15 02:09 PM
92 1234