After the leak of three new devices, I believe I can guess some more of the capabilities of the newer devices

Blackberry OS 6.1:
    Known:
    Will be on the Torch 2, Bold Touch, and "Apollo" Curve

Guessed:
    Will also be on the rumored LTE Touchscreen device
    Looks kinda like there's a front-facing camera.
    Is basically OS 6 but on a QNX kernel. The current BBOS runs completely in JVMs, meanin that it can easily be run on top of QNX's JVM. Visually there may no difference but there will be significant performance enhancements. These enhancements include: force quitting apps without rebooting, the phone's UI does not freeze due to one app, and the OS is offloaded to the 4-8GB memory; saving the RAM for actual running code.

Torch 2:
    Known:

1.2GHz processor
    Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    Tri-band HSPA 14.4Mbps
    3.2-inch VGA 640 x 480 capacitive display
    8GB built-in memory
    512MB RAM
    Bluetooth 2.1
    GPS
    NFC
    5-megapixel camera with flash
    Magnetometer
    Accelerometer
    Proximity sensor
    1300 mAh battery
    BlackBerry OS 6.1
    OpenGL ES
    14.6mm thin

Guessed:
    I'm guessing a Snapdragon, OMAP3, or a Hummingbird (ya not much of a guess), whatever is most efficient.
    Yes it doesn't have much of a RAM increase, but if I'm correct about 6.1, the RAM will be beyond sufficient
    nothing else comes to mind

Dakoda (touch Bold 9000):
    Known:

Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    Tri-band UMTS
    5 megapixel camera with HD video recording, flash, and image stabilization
    4GB of built in storage, 768MB of RAM
    2.8-inch VGA 640 x 480 capacitive screen
    WiFi b,g,n on 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies
    3G mobile hotspot!
    MicroUSB port
    Bluetooth
    NFC
    Magnetometer
    Accelerometer
    Proximity sensor
    10.5mm thin
    Launches with BlackBerry OS 6.1

Guessed:
    The processor will be identical to the Torch 2's
    See Torch 2 Guesses

Curve "Apollo":
    Known:

Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    Tri-band UMTS/HSPA 7.2Mbps
    Bluetooth 2.1
    Wi-Fi b/g/n
    GPS
    NFC
    512MB of eMMC, 512MB of RAM
    5-megapixel camera with flash
    HVGA 480 x 360 display
    1050 mAh battery
    Tavor MG-1 800MHz CPU
    BlackBerry OS 6.1
    11mm thin

Guessed:
    It will be priced as cheap as possible. It just might be possible to get this Without a contract for under $300
    RIM could possibly roll out a Storm3 that looks like the S2 but has the same specs as this Curve down to the sub $300 price, but with a higher rez touchscreen of course.

touchscreen-only "Monaco/Monza":
    Known:

1.2GHz processor
    3.7-inch 800 x 480 capacitive display
    Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    Tri-band UMTS/HSPA
    5-megapixel camera with 720p video recording
    8GB eMMC (storage for apps and data), 512MB of RAM
    microSD slot
    Magnetometer
    Proximity sensor
    Accelerometer
    Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
    2.4GHz b/g/n and 5GHz a/n Wi-Fi + UMA
    3G Mobile hotspot
    Optical trackpad
    1230 mAh battery
    BlackBerry OS 6.1
    OpenGL ES 2.0

Guessed:
    same processor as the Torch2
    most likely is two devices, one 3G and one 4G.
    The fact that this is a GSM device indicates that relations with Verizon over this device has soured. Possibly will launch on AT&T or T-Mobe and Definitely will launch on most Canadian carriers.
    Last edited by grahamf; 01-14-11 at 10:32 AM.
    01-13-11 01:34 PM
    Im hoping that you are right...

But these posts / photos are still rumors!
    Maybe some photoshop?
    01-13-11 01:54 PM
    where is the "known" part of this, its all rumor from BGR and that is it basically
    01-13-11 02:00 PM
    The processor is most likely to be a snapdragon or similar because there isn't anything that speed from marvell or an omap 4 that isn't dualcore.

As far as the storm 3, I think it is more likely that it will have basically the same specs as the other two (other than a wvga screen) and won't support lte either as it just wouldn't make sense financially for them to not split development costs across three devices.
    01-13-11 02:04 PM
    Marvell does propose 1 GHz and 1,2 GHz single core CPU. You're right with TI OMAP4 being Cortex-A9 dual core only, but TI does propose plenty Cortex-A8 single core up to 1.5 GHz ;-)
    01-13-11 03:04 PM
    all of the processors are going to be single core would be my guess
    01-13-11 04:19 PM
    Come on Sprint. Make February 7th announcement a new Blackberry with OS6.1 and touchscreen.
    01-13-11 04:43 PM
    Me too...i hope you are right...
    01-13-11 04:45 PM
    the sprint thing seems to be way bigger than a BB. the hype almost means iphone on sprint i think
    01-13-11 04:50 PM
    All I'm going to say is, I want that damn Storm3. Hopefully they keep that form factor and don't **** the bed like the first 2 Storms
    01-13-11 06:22 PM
    Of these 4 phones the only one I really care about is that one that hasn't been released or leaked yet
    01-13-11 07:05 PM
    Updated for the Monaco and Monza.
    01-14-11 10:26 AM
    Hmmm, since the all touchscreen is the only device showing UMA capabilities, I wonder if that means that it will be the only one that T-Mobile gets....?
    01-14-11 11:04 AM
    So basically nothing to Verizon or Sprint... Thats pretty foolish. Especially if AT&T gets the Dakota, Torch2, AND Monaco...

This would be just dumb on RIMs part not to give the biggest US carrier a device.

The S3/Monaco has been rumored to be CDMA also (by different sources) we can't take all of this for fact...

AT&T and T-Mo are both pushing Android and iOS devices BIG TIME... its not just VZW
    01-14-11 11:21 AM
    Verizon is going to have their phones filled with all the Androids and iPhones, and Sprint got the EVOs and Epic 4G.
    AT&T are probably looking for the next big phone as well as T-Mobile.
    I'm positive T-Mo is getting the Curve and Storm, while AT&T gets the new Bold.

Only thing I don't like about these devices is that they have small batteries.
    Hopefully you can use the hotspot with the Playbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 11:52 AM
    I wish people would calm down and stop leaping to conclusions that are not merited, what we have had so far are a number of leaks of partial spec sheets (dakota doesn't mention processor for example) for a number of gsm devices, so this does not imply in any way that verizon or sprint are not going to get some of these devices nor that info on one leak means that particular device is the only one going to a particular carrier.

For north america you will probably see a new bold, curve and storm on all carriers both gsm and cdma with torch maybe staying as exclusive to at&t depending on the deal signed between them and rim.
    01-14-11 12:30 PM
    Personally, I think the Storm should be CDMA-only in the US (try to go exclusive with Verizon?) and bring out a GSM version for the UK.

RIM has to get in the game with O2. O2 is not showing BlackBerry love, so prove why it should. Sure, we have the Torch, but we don't get ANY exclusive BlackBerry smartphones. However we got the iPhone exclusive, and we got the HTC HD7 exclusive. Personally, I want to see either the S3 or the T2 go exclusive with O2 (preferably the T2).
    01-14-11 01:16 PM
    Personally, I want to see either the S3 or the T2 go exclusive with O2 (preferably the T2).
    Exclusive phones are a stupid idea unless there are so many coming out at once that they might as well let a carrier have one as an exclusive (see htc hd7 at time of wp7 launch) or it has enough of a marketing blitz to make up for lost sales on other networks (see iphone), but otherwise it just makes no sense at all for either rim, the carrier or the consumer to have devices as exclusives and the closest you might get to that is a particular colour device being an exclusive in somewhere like the uk.

The situation in the states is slightly different in that a single carrier can do a large enough single order to make it worth rim's while to do so since it also saves them development time due to not needing to make a gsm or cdma variant depending on which carrier has that exclusive.
    02-16-11 04:29 AM
    Why is RIM IGNORING the CDMA carriers? Every single new device is freaking GSM. Yes, I know most of the world is using it, but there are plenty of us on Sprint and Verizon who don't appreciate being crapped on. I don't think either carrier is going away anytime soon. Stop ignoring us RIM!!
    I guess you missed this.

Exclusive: CDMA BlackBerry Roadmap 2011 - Montana, Monaco, Sedona, Malibu, BlackBerry 6.1 Evolution and more! | CrackBerry.com
    03-01-11 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD