We just had a blog entry from Adam about the new capacitive touch Keyboard patent.
    From what I've understood, this one will be somehow "removable" from the device; it's not intended to be permanent.

It reminded me an old and ugly mockup I made 2 years ago, based on a devAlpha and a 9900 Keyboard.
    Also, I had a weird idea ... what if the keyboard could slide from top to bottom ... or even better ... slide and turn behind the phone ! [I'm sure some may accommodate and type blind !] ... nahhh ... C'mon RIM let's leak a few to keep the hype ... see what you do ?
    Elaborating about it with some CB folks, we went to remind that BlackBerry also had a "rotating keyboard" patent ...
    keep in mind the patent that RIM filed for (rotating keyboard). I think it would be possible to be able to use the full touch screen and have the keyboard hanging out on the back of the phone till needed, then when its brought to the front of the screen, the resolution will adjust to the smaller amount of screen on the front.
    That's one of the major points ... I had the rotating patent in mind ;-)

EDIT : here you go with the patent (source : engadget)
    Keyboards, keyboards, patents ...-rim-rotating-keypad-1334853890.png
    It describes a device with a keypad that's coupled at one corner, but which can remain operable in at least two positions, or potentially three. That could include a position, for instance, where the screen is partially covered by the keypad and a second where it's below the screen, or one where the keypad can remain below the screen both in portrait and landscape modes -- or even flipped behind the device with the keys still accessible
    Should we believe this could result on a "Rotator" like we might thing "slider" ?

P.S: original thread here : http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...yboard-726071/
    03-07-14 12:00 PM
    The patent application Adam posted about is under non-final rejection already with some pretty good art applied against it.

Check out: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=911809

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-07-14 12:05 PM