03-18-15 04:16 AM
63 123
tools
    i was going to guess Garnet OS.
    Hats off, sir. Only a tech vet would make that reference.
    extisis likes this.
    03-15-15 04:32 PM
    i was going to guess Garnet OS.
    Ah...good memory, I was waiting for Cobalt OS, the supposed successor of Garnet OS many moons back. I wonder what ever happened to Cobalt in the end...
    Tre Lawrence and extisis like this.
    03-15-15 04:37 PM
    I was just watching 60 minutes, and during a commercial break they had a CBS News brief with three quick headlines and this story was the third. (BlackBerry logo over Jeff Glor's shoulder).

(cut to Joe and Betty iPhone watching at home: "BlackBerry is still around?")
    03-15-15 06:46 PM
    Not in a million years. You saw how Windows 8 was received. That was basically two OSes in one. Blackberry 10 is even less different GUI and function wise than Android compared to desktop and Metro and the switching tactic would be even more time consuming. Two OSes are useless >99% of the time. It's a fun little easter egg for tech enthusiasts; but, horrible for everyday use.
    2 Interfaces does not equate to two operating systems. Windows 8 is not two separate OSes. Switching between desktop mode and Metro was no more time consuming than simply pressing the Windows key on the keyboard
    03-15-15 07:32 PM
    2 Interfaces does not equate to two operating systems. Windows 8 is not two separate OSes. Switching between desktop mode and Metro was no more time consuming than simply pressing the Windows key on the keyboard
    Metro was time consuming enough to be considered obstructive by users.

And, actually, Metro was pretty much a separate OS from x86 Windows. Metro by itself went by Windows RT. Core OS functionality like multitasking was handled completely differently from x86 Windows and there was no software intercompatibility. Microsoft worked hard to try to convince consumers Windows/Windows RT/Windows Phone were all the same OS, though.

We had a third OS called Windows Phone but now RT and Windows Phone are the same thing. Microsoft is working to clean up its OS headache so hopefully one day Metro/RT+Windows Phone and x86 Windows will be the same OS.
    03-15-15 09:03 PM
    . Microsoft is working to clean up its OS headache so hopefully one day Metro/RT+Windows Phone and x86 Windows will be the same OS.
    That would be Windows 10. Can't wait for it.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 09:11 PM
    Metro is an interface not a separate OS. Windows RT had a different kernel for ARM chips. Windows 8 non RT had a different kernel for x86 It still has Metro. Still the same OS.
    techvisor likes this.
    03-16-15 07:34 AM
    Read this article and you might find it funny that IBM is going to support Personal and Buisness on the tablet .I thought that was BB's turf.
    BlackBerry goes high security for second try at tablets - MarketWatch
    03-16-15 03:07 PM
    As usual here on Crackberry, there are a bunch of instant experts weighing in on something they know nothing about. Why let the lack of information or facts get in the way of a good argument?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 05:31 PM
    BBRY Stock: BlackBerry SecuTablet Can't Save This Dog | InvestorPlace
    BB has a long way to go before they get some love from the media,lol
    03-17-15 07:42 AM
    BBRY Stock: BlackBerry SecuTablet Can't Save This Dog | InvestorPlace
    BB has a long way to go before they get some love from the media,lol
    A few more decent moves, and BBRY will regain some positive mindshare.
    03-17-15 07:50 AM
    Read this article and you might find it funny that IBM is going to support Personal and Buisness on the tablet .I thought that was BB's turf.
    BlackBerry goes high security for second try at tablets - MarketWatch
    Google also introduced "Android for work" in Android 5 (i think): https://www.google.com/work/android/
    03-18-15 03:59 AM
    Cool

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 04:16 AM
63 123