06-26-14 10:07 AM
90 ... 234
tools
    Well, given that my opinions rarely goes with the mainstream, if they only had 3 options, most likely there won't be an option for me. So you guys have fun with your phones, I'll just stay here in the penalty box for not conforming...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-21-14 01:27 PM
    Well, given that my opinions rarely goes with the mainstream, if they only had 3 options, most likely there won't be an option for me. So you guys have fun with your phones, I'll just stay here in the penalty box for not conforming...

Not sure what you mean. What is
    your desired option?

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 08:58 PM
    Not sure what you mean. What is
    your desired option?

Posted via CB10
    It would be a hardware configuration like the Classic, true, full keyboard, tool belt, with the internal hardware specs that are "future proof" for at least 2 years, so the specs have to be at least of the same level. Meaning it doesn't need to be better than everything but it cannot be something from a year and a half ago... People seem to be implying they should only have a normal sized all-touch, a bigger all-touch, and one qwerty device, either one with a gimped 3-row keyboard like the passport, or some low-end z3-like entry-level qwerty device...

Bbnivende likes this.
    06-21-14 09:57 PM
    I see no touch screen in 2014. Please show the evidence.

In the earnings call they mentioned two in the 4th quarter. None where touch only.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    Z3 and Z3 LTE. Not what you or I want to hear, but they are still working on touch, just in the low end of touch. I have a feeling that they will have a high end out maybe at Q1 or Q2 of 2015. Unfortunately I think it will be phablet sized.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    06-22-14 08:08 AM
    Z3 and Z3 LTE. Not what you or I want to hear, but they are still working on touch, just in the low end of touch. I have a feeling that they will have a high end out maybe at Q1 or Q2 of 2015. Unfortunately I think it will be phablet sized.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    I think you're right, but I hope you're wrong.

If there isn't a new flagship touch or only a phablet sized device by the time my contract is up next year, I will be seriously considering a Windows or Android device.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-22-14 12:00 PM
    It sounds like you're saying you want the Classic, but don't want it for some reason.

It would be a hardware configuration like the Classic, true, full keyboard, tool belt, with the internal hardware specs that are "future proof" for at least 2 years, so the specs have to be at least of the same level. Meaning it doesn't need to be better than everything but it cannot be something from a year and a half ago... People seem to be implying they should only have a normal sized all-touch, a bigger all-touch, and one qwerty device, either one with a gimped 3-row keyboard like the passport, or some low-end z3-like entry-level qwerty device...

06-23-14 07:24 AM
    It sounds like you're saying you want the Classic, but don't want it for some reason.
    Not sure how it's being interpreted that way. I would want a Classic if the specs are at least decent and I don't feel like I would need to upgrade it within a year of getting it...

06-23-14 03:09 PM
    Well, the specs are supposed to be very good, and I can't imagine why you'd feel the need to upgrade within a year, unless it were for a similar device that also had a larger screen. But if that's the case, then I don't understand why you're complaining.

Not sure how it's being interpreted that way. I would want a Classic if the specs are at least decent and I don't feel like I would need to upgrade it within a year of getting it...

06-24-14 08:13 AM
    Well, the specs are supposed to be very good, and I can't imagine why you'd feel the need to upgrade within a year, unless it were for a similar device that also had a larger screen. But if that's the case, then I don't understand why you're complaining.
    Well, if the specs are not that great and maybe an app that is actually really useful comes out that uses a lot of CPU power that runs like crap on the phone but runs fine on a Passport with better specs, it'll make me frustrated and want to upgrade the phone... But the Passport is not an option for me.

06-24-14 04:20 PM
    Got it.
    So, there's really no reason to complain until we know for sure then, right?

Well, if the specs are not that great and maybe an app that is actually really useful comes out that uses a lot of CPU power that runs like crap on the phone but runs fine on a Passport with better specs, it'll make me frustrated and want to upgrade the phone... But the Passport is not an option for me.

06-24-14 04:26 PM
    Got it.
    So, there's really no reason to complain until we know for sure then, right?
    Not complaining, I'm looking forward to the Classic. Just saying I'm not blindly locked into a "yes I'm getting it" position. It depends on the specs...

06-24-14 05:03 PM
    Umm... keyboard devices are not a big thing, but isn't that why the passports coming, giving users screen and keyboard. classic for those die hards, and z3 z30 z10 to hold over the others for the time being. I don't see BlackBerry selling all touch phones in volumes either, let alone a monster specd all touch would get minimal response. The keyboards coming out first is a pr smart move.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 02:07 AM
    Umm... keyboard devices are not a big thing, but isn't that why the passports coming, giving users screen and keyboard. classic for those die hards, and z3 z30 z10 to hold over the others for the time being. I don't see BlackBerry selling all touch phones in volumes either, let alone a monster specd all touch would get minimal response. The keyboards coming out first is a pr smart move.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what you mean by the "the keyboards coming out first.." They had two keyboard devices for over a year. While I've never seen a breakdown of sales by form factor from BlackBerry, a developer once showed a breakdown he had based on his app.... the Z10 was the clear winner .

While I see a place for the Passport and the Classic.... I just think that if BES12 is suppose to relaunch BlackBerry this fall. They really should have a new mid grade touch device.

Posted via Android CrackBerry App
    06-26-14 05:48 AM
    It's a good niche. If it's profitable and keeps or gains customers, why does it matter to you what BGR says?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 06:24 AM
    While I've never seen a breakdown of sales by form factor from BlackBerry, a developer once showed a breakdown he had based on his app.... the Z10 was the clear winner .
    Everything I've read confirms that. Although, as you said I haven't seen anything official from BlackBerry in that regard.

While I see a place for the Passport and the Classic.... I just think that if BES12 is suppose to relaunch BlackBerry this fall. They really should have a new mid grade touch device.
    I'm not sure mid grade is the way to go. I think BlackBerry needs to get out of mid grade altogether in the developed markets. 2 higher touch devices and 1 keyboard device per year.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-26-14 10:07 AM
90 ... 234