03-04-15 08:28 AM
119 ... 345
tools
    Reality sucks doesn't it!

http://www.phonedog.com/2014/04/21/b...-ceo-john-chen

And BlackBerry's own developer blog saying 10.3.1 available by end of the year for all devices.

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2014/0...a-has-arrived/

So if the CEO and the developer blog are spreading rumors, then that is a whole other issue!

Posted via CB10
    In the interview he said expected and that there is no launch date. I wouldn't call that a launch date... especially since it was launched in December, a few days later.

Nowhere was there a launch date, so missing by less than a month is on target.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 11:23 PM
    Imagine a Z50 being a 4.7" and a Z100 being a 5.5" phone to directly compete with Apple and pleasing the Z10 and Z30 customers all in the same go? Maybe not

Posted via CB Z30
    01-06-15 11:31 PM
    Chen said Classic would launch in November. Didn't happen. BlackBerry under Chen said 10.3.1 would be out for all devices December. Didn't happen.

Give it time, he has only been CEO For a year, so plenty of time to miss more marks and I'm sure their are already some I missed, these are just the two at the top of my head.

Posted via CB10
    OMG, one whole month! Witcher 3 has been delayed for probably 6 months or more. That developer is complete garbage!!

Would you rather they release it "on time" but full of bugs? I'm glad they don't release it until "it's ready." One month isn't going to kill me, I'm not that much of an impatient child for crying out loud...
    01-07-15 12:07 AM
    Reality sucks doesn't it!

BlackBerry Classic to launch in November, says CEO John Chen | PhoneDog

And BlackBerry's own developer blog saying 10.3.1 available by end of the year for all devices.

BlackBerry 10.3 SDK Beta has Arrived | BlackBerry Developer Blog

So if the CEO and the developer blog are spreading rumors, then that is a whole other issue!

Posted via CB10
    I guess the best plan is to simply not release any information. The phones and OS's just kind of come out to our surprise. Because if they delay something for ONE FULL ENTIRE MONTH then all hell breaks loose and people cry bloody murder... smh...
    01-07-15 12:09 AM
    I guess the best plan is to simply not release any information. The phones and OS's just kind of come out to our surprise. Because if they delay something for ONE FULL ENTIRE MONTH then all hell breaks loose and people cry bloody murder... smh...
    The person said he has hit every date/deadline. I showed otherwise. I did not say it was a massive miss like the previous clown core that ran BlackBerry. I think Chen is doing a great job compared to the low bar his predecessors set, but people need to not take his, or any other BlackBerry management persons word as gospel. To many people around here out BlackBerry management up on pedestals.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-07-15 03:23 PM
    Darn! What about Z50?

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    Yeah, the Z30 is great, and I would love to see a Z50 !!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    jaydee5799 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    01-07-15 03:26 PM
    The person said he has hit every date/deadline. I showed otherwise. I did not say it was a massive miss like the previous clown core that ran BlackBerry. I think Chen is doing a great job compared to the low bar his predecessors set, but people need to not take his, or any other BlackBerry management persons word as gospel. To many people around here out BlackBerry management up on pedestals.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry, I don't disagree with what you said, but I just can't hold this back any further. Your comment is like the 5th one I read today with this and I just have to go all Grammar Nazi on you, but it's freakin' too* with two o's! I'm 99% sure it was just a typo and you're obviously smart enough to know the difference, I'm just venting on you, so I apologize...

It's too with two freakin' o's people when you're talking about something is "too much." "to much" is saying you're moving in the direction toward much!!!!

Again, I apologize, it's not you personally, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-07-15 05:36 PM
    Chen said Classic would launch in November. Didn't happen. BlackBerry under Chen said 10.3.1 would be out for all devices December. Didn't happen.

Give it time, he has only been CEO For a year, so plenty of time to miss more marks and I'm sure their are already some I missed, these are just the two at the top of my head.

Posted via CB10
    wooooooo november and december such a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time between the two..............sorry not being rude but I don't see how that is a problem and he never mentioned anything about 10.3.1 launched in december plus its been out to carriers a long time...even when AT&T accidently leaked the OS update to the passport you know they had it a long time.....the carriers just take too long to release the damn OS update....OS updates unfortunately BB doesn't have full control over sorry....

However they should provide the option for BB users to use link to update once its released though...instead of waiting on the carriers...
    01-07-15 05:42 PM
    I'm sorry, I don't disagree with what you said, but I just can't hold this back any further. Your comment is like the 5th one I read today with this and I just have to go all Grammar Nazi on you, but it's freakin' too* with two o's! I'm 99% sure it was just a typo and you're obviously smart enough to know the difference, I'm just venting on you, so I apologize...

It's too with two freakin' o's people when you're talking about something is "too much." "to much" is saying you're moving in the direction toward much!!!!

LOL you made me laugh big time...you ok man?? What happened at work or at home today to get you in such a foul mood my friend . Poor Lnichols...LOL
    01-07-15 05:42 PM
    LOL you made me laugh big time...you ok man?? What happened at work or at home today to get you in such a foul mood my friend . Poor Lnichols...LOL
    Lol, no, it's just that I keep seeing everyone type "it costs to much" or "I had to go back to many times" and so on and so on and it just bugs the heck out of me that something so simple is typed wrong so many times. Now, I make plenty of mistakes myself and sometimes I type in the same manner in which I speak so my grammar could be all shot to heck as well. But it's just so many times today alone I've seen that mistake I just wish there was some kind of PSA. Haha.

01-07-15 06:07 PM
    But the Q10 or Q5 did better? I bet most BB10 sales have been all touch.
    So would I. But it's also a bit skewed with the Z10 being out first; being most heavily promoted of the lot; with the largest carrier support; and also the one with the largest inventory to liquidate.

No statistical data but any stretch, but I'm fortunate to live in a pretty BlackBerry friendly city. I take the train to the heart of the financial district on the train where many regulated industries and workers are based. As such, I see BlackBerry 10s in multitudes every day. It used to be mostly Z10s with some Q10s and occasional Z30 and Q5. Lately though, I'm seeing Q10 in a much higher concentration. I've had a theory that over time, the keyboard devices would have more staying power for BlackBerry users at least. And it seems to be happening more and more where I look anyway.

Interestingly, yesterday I also saw three passports and one Classic on the same train.
    01-07-15 07:17 PM

Understood. Yeah I know the difference, but sometimes typing quick response miss it, or sometimes the VKB and/or auto correct might make changes. You might be taking it too seriously .

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:37 PM
    Understood. Yeah I know the difference, but sometimes typing quick response miss it, or sometimes the VKB and/or auto correct might make changes. You might be taking it too seriously .

Posted via CB10
    Lol, again, it's not you, just for some reason today I keep seeing that specific mistake over and over. I just HAD to say something, haha.

01-07-15 07:47 PM
    wooooooo november and december such a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time between the two..............sorry not being rude but I don't see how that is a problem and he never mentioned anything about 10.3.1 launched in december plus its been out to carriers a long time...even when AT&T accidently leaked the OS update to the passport you know they had it a long time.....the carriers just take too long to release the damn OS update....OS updates unfortunately BB doesn't have full control over sorry....

However they should provide the option for BB users to use link to update once its released though...instead of waiting on the carriers...
    The poster Inichols responded to, clearly said that Chen didn't miss any deadlines.
    He did. If it's tragic or not, wasn't the subject.
    Either Chen missed deadlines, or he didn't. No room for interpretations here.

It should also be of note, that the bigger manufacturers have a roadmap with a similar time frame each year, in which the manufacturers launch their devices.
    Apple traditionally has September or October and Samsung has July or September for their high end devices, whereas Sony releases a new flagship every 6 months.

When it comes down to BlackBerry, we can't look at the past and conclude that BlackBerry will launch a new touch flagship in the months x and y.
    We can't even conclude anything, because BlackBerry phones just appear randomly.
    We basically have no idea, if BlackBerry will even launch a new high end phone this year, which is in stark contrast to Samsung or Apple. With them, the only question is how good the new high-end phone will become, not when it's likely to launch or if it will even launch.
    01-09-15 03:52 AM
    Live in the now. lol
    Would love to, company paid VZW or I would be switching to at&t.

Posted via Q10
    01-09-15 10:06 AM
    Imagine a Z50 being a 4.7" and a Z100 being a 5.5" phone to directly compete with Apple and pleasing the Z10 and Z30 customers all in the same go? Maybe not

Posted via CB Z30
    The Z30 is great!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    01-14-15 10:10 AM
    Lol, no, it's just that I keep seeing everyone type "it costs to much" or "I had to go back to many times" and so on and so on and it just bugs the heck out of me that something so simple is typed wrong so many times. Now, I make plenty of mistakes myself and sometimes I type in the same manner in which I speak so my grammar could be all shot to heck as well. But it's just so many times today alone I've seen that mistake I just wish there was some kind of PSA. Haha.

Oh boy I feel your pain now lol seeing it myself even I'm annoyed seeing the same mistakes but its OK I know you're a cool guy lol

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 10:19 PM
    It's confirmed :P lol.

Posted via CB10
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    03-04-15 01:14 AM
    It's confirmed :P lol.

Posted via CB10
    Womp Womp Womp well I was kind of right lol kind of lol. However I am extremely happy with the slider. Actually prefer this design over the visa because it will actually have a full keyboard . I cannot wait to see the specs of this thing .

Posted via my awesome totally amazing BlackBerry Z30
    03-04-15 08:28 AM
119 ... 345