03-04-15 07:28 AM
119 ... 2345
tools
    Lol at all touch fundamentalists.

If they can make it look nice, I mean nice. Then I'll use it.

Otherwise if it's just the top row of the Q10 always showing "qwertyuiop" at the top, it kinda doesn't make sense nor does it look good.

Aesthetics matters.

Unless if the functionality outweighs the tacky look, then cool. But not too sure if I see this happening.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 06:10 PM
    Ok so is the slider dead?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 10:31 PM
    You can't look past that extra row of keys that might make your phone more practical (shortcut keys) or even allow you to swipe (if touch sensitive) and scroll through pages, or zoom, or start/pause a movie WITHOUT obscuring any of that awesome 16:9 goodness
    There is already a button to pause on existing BB10 devices between the volume control buttons.I can only see the scrolling being useful if you were viewing in landscape mode. In portrait mode, it is not comfortable to reach that low to scroll and I know this with my Passport. Even with 3 rows on the Passport, it is not comfortable to have my thumb there for long for scrolling. The thumb naturally is a V shape with the index finger, not a L shape. If you try this yourself, you make an L shape with your thumb and index finger for a long time and it will not be that comfortable. Also because it is so low, it's not comfortable because of the weight of the phone and needing to balance it holding the phone that low is not practical that is unless you are a full-time 2 handed user which a lot of people are not..
    11-15-14 10:45 PM
    They should give us both a keyboard and a full touch screen in one device. Full screen on one side and a keyboard on the other. Make the case manufacturers work for their money

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 09:10 PM
    Would it be bendable??? Killer feature right now!

All things Berry
    Please don't even suggest this. I'm pretty sure it a patented feature.

...Ten BlackBerrys and counting....
    12-16-14 09:28 PM
    so any idea what the Passport sequel would be like? Is it just updated specs? Or will there be actually something different physically different?
    12-29-14 09:18 AM
    so any idea what the Passport sequel would be like? Is it just updated specs? Or will there be actually something different physically different?
    Will we will not know until either A. Roadmap is leaked or B. Wait until MWC 2015 in Barcelona.
    12-29-14 09:42 AM
    damn it, kinda holding out on getting the passport until i know more about the passport 2 haha
    12-29-14 10:32 AM
    Will we will not know until either A. Roadmap is leaked or B. Wait until MWC 2015 in Barcelona.

There is a difference in a Roadmap and an announcement at an event like MWC. There have been many devices on Roadmaps that were either delayed and renamed or just never made it to the end of the road.
    12-29-14 11:00 AM
    The Classic is not the Q20 due to the Classic having the belt and track button. It's an entirely different model.
    I wonder if the Passport 2 concept will be a full touch, none keyboard version.
    That don't sound too innovative, but you never know. Perhaps it will have a slider keyboard.

Can't wait for the new device road map.

Typed on my Q5
    12-29-14 12:11 PM
    Am I the only one here hoping for a full touch Passport??

it would be even more incredible than the passport itself !!

More: it would be easy to program it in a way that it can be used with one hand ( la Samsung Note where you can squeeze the entire screen on one side with a gesture)

!!!!
    12-29-14 12:33 PM
    Am I the only one here hoping for a full touch Passport??

it would be even more incredible than the passport itself !!

More: it would be easy to program it in a way that it can be used with one hand ( la Samsung Note where you can squeeze the entire screen on one side with a gesture)

!!!!
    That means they will have to use a 4:3 ratio for such a device while it sounds cool thats a lot of fragmentation....1:1...16:9....4:3.....but it does sound cool though. I personally think they should have made the passport with a 4:3 ration that way it can still be wide but be able to show videos a bit better as well instead of the 1:1 ratio what do you guys think??
    12-29-14 12:41 PM
    That means they will have to use a 4:3 ratio for such a device while it sounds cool thats a lot of fragmentation....1:1...16:9....4:3.....but it does sound cool though. I personally think they should have made the passport with a 4:3 ration that way it can still be wide but be able to show videos a bit better as well instead of the 1:1 ratio what do you guys think??
    Agreed - 4:3 would have been better so that the device dis not need to be so frigging wide.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-29-14 06:01 PM
    The Passport was suppose to be a WOW What is that style of device. We'll they got that WOW factor, and sales to be happy with.

Though yes a 4:3 would have been good.

Posted by Q5
    01-06-15 09:04 AM
    You wouldn't gain anything if the passport had a 4:3 screen. You would have lost vertical viewing space. They wouldn't have made it any wider to change the aspect ratio.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 09:47 AM
    You wouldn't gain anything if the passport had a 4:3 screen. You would have lost vertical viewing space. They wouldn't have made it any wider to change the aspect ratio.

Posted via CB10
    Same width and longer screen or my preference narrower screen same length.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-06-15 11:00 AM
    Same width and longer screen or my preference narrower screen same length.
    Unless you increase the length of an edge on the screen you won't get any extra viewing space for videos. It doesn't matter if it's a 1:1 or a 16:9, if the longest edge is 4" you will get the same size video to display. It's just the more square it becomes the larger the black bars on the edge will be.

I think it may be a bit awkward to hold a PKB phone sideways for extended periods .

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 11:19 AM
    There is a difference in a Roadmap and an announcement at an event like MWC. There have been many devices on Roadmaps that were either delayed and renamed or just never made it to the end of the road.
    But it isnt an announcement...John Chen said that the Roadmap for the devices will be laid out at MWC.

Listen from 2:20

01-06-15 11:23 AM
    But it isnt an announcement...John Chen said that the Roadmap for the devices will be laid out at MWC.

Listen from 2:20

And BlackBerry has a history of not following the roadmaps and/or missing the roadmap target timelines horribly. Expect very little from BlackBerry and you might not get disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 07:43 PM
    And BlackBerry has a history of not following the roadmaps and/or missing the roadmap target timelines horribly. Expect very little from BlackBerry and you might not get disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry but I am not going to compare the blackberry to the past ceo's which didn't have the focus or drive as with John Chen. There is not one thing he said that's hasn't come to fruition and plus you think with the way he is going to miss a deadline or not make the phones he announced and put his career and title on the line???...he doesn't play when it comes to those things and said he will shake up management or fire anybody who can't keep up and make the deadlines. look at the changes that went through when he turned ceo who didn't perform got kicked out.......he is a no nonsense kind of guy.....so I have faith in him I never liked the approach of the previous management......big time......

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 08:20 PM
    Noone "confirmed" it. Incorrect misleading title.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    01-06-15 08:37 PM
    I'm sorry but I am not going to compare the blackberry to the past ceo's which didn't have the focus or drive as with John Chen. There is not one thing he said that's hasn't come to fruition and plus you think with the way he is going to miss a deadline or not make the phones he announced and put his career and title on the line???...he doesn't play when it comes to those things and said he will shake up management or fire anybody who can't keep up and make the deadlines. look at the changes that went through when he turned ceo who didn't perform got kicked out.......he is a no nonsense kind of guy.....so I have faith in him I never liked the approach of the previous management......big time......

Posted via CB10
    Chen said Classic would launch in November. Didn't happen. BlackBerry under Chen said 10.3.1 would be out for all devices December. Didn't happen.

Give it time, he has only been CEO For a year, so plenty of time to miss more marks and I'm sure their are already some I missed, these are just the two at the top of my head.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-06-15 08:44 PM
    Chen said Classic would launch in November. Didn't happen. BlackBerry under Chen said 10.3.1 would be out for all devices December. Didn't happen.

Give it time, he has only been CEO For a year, so plenty of time to miss more marks and I'm sure their are already some I missed, these are just the two at the top of my head.

Posted via CB10
    He never said it was gonna be launched in November and 10.3.1 for December! It was all speculations!

Don't mix rumours with reality

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 08:53 PM
    He never said it was gonna be launched in November and 10.3.1 for December! It was all speculations!

Posted via CB10
    actually he did state november

BlackBerry Classic targeted for November release | CrackBerry.com
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-06-15 09:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Reality sucks doesn't it!

http://www.phonedog.com/2014/04/21/b...-ceo-john-chen

And BlackBerry's own developer blog saying 10.3.1 available by end of the year for all devices.

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2014/0...a-has-arrived/

So if the CEO and the developer blog are spreading rumors, then that is a whole other issue!

Posted via CB10
    howarmat and MarsupilamiX like this.
    01-06-15 09:04 PM
119 ... 2345