Better not be, the Z3 is a fairly entry level phone with entry level build quality.

BlackBerry needs to start bringing the Passport build quality to other phones. The metal surround is really nice and the device has a pretty premium feel.
    So far, the best-selling Windows Phone has been the Nokia 520. Cheap.

A cheap full-touch LTE phone would do wonders for BB's bottom line right now.

I do think it will get a spec bump from the Z3, but uf nothing else UT will have great battery life.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 01:37 AM
    They can't just look at high volume market segments and presume they will carve out a profitable share. Look at all the companies which have failed with that logic - Sony, HTC, Nokia.

And Blackberry made that mistake as well with the Z10/Z30. Why would a new all-touch device get a better reception than those two phones. The passport is a unique device specifically tailored to "mobile professionals", whether you hate it or love it there is no denying that it doesn't really compete with an iPhone.

Anyway look at this thread, there is no high end full touch coming "soon":

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-names-828586/
    09-30-14 02:04 AM
    I don't think we'll see the Visa, or at least we won't see that sliding three rows keyboard!

Maybe it's a sort of a Passport mini with 4inch screen?

Some blackberry exec said: Passport variant aimed at one hand use!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:21 AM
    Would it be bendable??? Killer feature right now!

All things Berry
    Tompire likes this.
    09-30-14 05:13 AM
    They can't just look at high volume market segments and presume they will carve out a profitable share. Look at all the companies which have failed with that logic - Sony, HTC, Nokia.

And Blackberry made that mistake as well with the Z10/Z30. Why would a new all-touch device get a better reception than those two phones. The passport is a unique device specifically tailored to "mobile professionals", whether you hate it or love it there is no denying that it doesn't really compete with an iPhone.

Anyway look at this thread, there is no high end full touch coming "soon":

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-names-828586/
    You could include the Q10 & Q5 in with the Z10 and Z30. None of these phones were good enough to compete in the market place at the price they were asking. All were lacking in ways which only RIM could not fathom.

BlackBerry is not after a big selling phone but rather a profitable phone. They (Foxconn-BlackBerry) could sell a high quality all touch device and make a profit on a per phone basis. It seems to me that a better phone does not cost much more to build than a "just good enough" phone.
    09-30-14 10:43 AM
    JC needs to read up on the Osborne Effect. He should never have hinted at a Passport 2 when the Passport has barely been launched. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect
    Yeah, as sure as there's gonna be an iPhone 6s/7.

It just marks that this product line has been considered successful and that will warrant continuation... which is good.

On the hand, when I read it, it's like, "Oh, barely had a chance to get my hands on it after the sell-out, now it's kinda obsolete ALREADY..." LOL :-)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    10-02-14 03:32 PM
    I meant to quote : " The Visa/Victoria is a full-touch phone when the keyboard is retracted. I think blackberry has made a purposeful decision to release phones with hardware keyboards as it's their trademark. For the average consumer, why would they choose a keyboardless blackberry over an iPhone or Samsung? "

My poorly made point was that it appeared unreasonable to solely focus on physical keyboard devices if they are to achieve sustainability. They need to produce quality all touch devices suitable for the various markets that they are in as well. The old keyboard only BlackBerry shall not return .. or so I think.
    -----

Yes and no.

"All-touch plus" is the keyboard, ahem keyword...

Exactly the idea that I got when I saw that Visa / Victoria thing. All-touch is kinda dead for BlackBerry, in a good way. The Z series didn't really (re-)capture the market.

The new concept device is an "all-touch plus", if they get it to work in an extra mode like a Z series model, there will be no practical reason for all-touch lovers NOT to buy it (apart from fanatical all-touch "purism", as in "I can't have no stinkin' button(s) on my phone...").

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-02-14 03:40 PM
    -----
    The Z series didn't really (re-)capture the market.
    But the Q10 or Q5 did better? I bet most BB10 sales have been all touch. I'm seeing government people picking up Z10 devices over Q10 in BlackBerry trade up programs now that BB10 is finally rolling out.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    allengeorge likes this.
    10-02-14 04:04 PM
    I'd be OK with that I guess as long as it's smaller than the passport. My z30 is as big as I'll ever go. I'm not totally opposed to a keyboard. Never had one. Just don't want a phablet

Posted via CB10
    coaltowking likes this.
    10-02-14 10:04 PM
    All I am asking for is a slider.... PLEASE be the slider phone. love my Q10 but ready for some new high spec goodness in slider from factor from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    coaltowking likes this.
    10-03-14 02:05 AM
    But the Q10 or Q5 did better? I bet most BB10 sales have been all touch. I'm seeing government people picking up Z10 devices over Q10 in BlackBerry trade up programs now that BB10 is finally rolling out.

I have rarely seen any of the BB10 PKB devices. Even those people I work with that have a company issued BlackBerry opted for the Z10 when they upgraded from BBOS devices.

Posted using my Asus Transformer TF700T via the CrackBerry App
    10-03-14 09:11 AM
    All I am asking for is a slider.... PLEASE be the slider phone. love my Q10 but ready for some new high spec goodness in slider from factor from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    While there might be many BlackBerry enthusiasts that want a slider, there simply isn't enough demand to justify making one. Producing a device that appeals to such a small segment would be a disaster for BlackBerry. They need to keep their eye on prize and produce phones that will sell.

Mr4aces likes this.
    10-03-14 09:15 AM
    While there might be many BlackBerry enthusiasts that want a slider, there simply isn't enough demand to justify making one. Producing a device that appeals to such a small segment would be a disaster for BlackBerry. They need to keep their eye on prize and produce phones that will sell.

I'm not a fan of the Keyboard Forever! faction of BlackBerry, but there are a couple of clues that point to a March 2015 MWC unveiling of a high-end device that could be an all-touch flagship. It also could be the Visa / Victoria slider phone, too. Here's a tweet:

Its confirmed!! BB Victoria/Visa Coming to MWC 2015-blackberryleaks.jpg

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    10-08-14 12:20 AM
    I'm not a fan of the Keyboard Forever! faction of BlackBerry, but there are a couple of clues that point to a March 2015 MWC unveiling of a high-end device that could be an all-touch flagship. It also could be the Visa / Victoria slider phone, too. Here's a tweet:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerryLeaks.jpg 
Views:	6039 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	304010

That source has been proven to be a complete Joke over the years.

10-08-14 08:21 AM
    That source has been proven to be a complete Joke over the years.

The real question is whether this prediction is correct.

And given the fact that the info in the tweet I quoted is closely aligned with the information John Chen discussed in the OP link, I think there could be a Visa device in our future!

10-08-14 11:51 AM
    Only just saw this post, went to the link and there was no comments from DEVVV...He must have missed that one...

Z30 144GB
    10-23-14 01:24 AM
    Better not be, the Z3 is a fairly entry level phone with entry level build quality.

BlackBerry needs to start bringing the Passport build quality to other phones. The metal surround is really nice and the device has a pretty premium feel.
    No way in heck I would buy a Z3 in anyway shape or form.

BlackBerry hates America!
    10-24-14 09:10 AM
    I'm a touch screen guy and have been since my iPhone three but this passport is too good to put down. The screen size is perfect and fits in my front jeans pockets. But I don't wear skinny jeans

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 10:28 AM

Exactly the idea that I got when I saw that Visa / Victoria thing. All-touch is kinda dead for BlackBerry, in a good way. The Z series didn't really (re-)capture the market.

The new concept device is an "all-touch plus", if they get it to work in an extra mode like a Z series model, there will be no practical reason for all-touch lovers NOT to buy it.
    Z series is still outselling Q series. You can only say the passport is actually making a splash. Overall touch market is much bigger and they can win new users instead of simply trying to hold on to user a small user base.

I would never buy a slider or hybrid phone if I wanted an all touch, it would add bulk and reduce potential battery size.

Only possibility would be to simply create new variant possibly with slightly different shell and no keyboard and release it as a full touch alongside the visa. Easy and cheap way to satisfy full touch market.

Chen is not foolish enough to abandon this market, stop worrying about nothing everybody
    11-05-14 03:58 PM
    Would it be bendable??? Killer feature right now!

All things Berry
    Nope but rumor has it that screen lifting and removable logos would become regular features.

Posted from an ME173X
    Witmen likes this.
    11-05-14 07:16 PM
    Give me dual quad-core now!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 09:00 PM
    Give me dual quad-core now!

Posted via CB10
    Sooo Octa-Core?

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3247
    11-07-14 11:54 AM
    Dual octocore!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 06:03 PM
    Dual octocore!

Posted via CB10
    Octa-dual core

I have more friends because I do drugs!!
    11-09-14 03:36 AM
    Z series is still outselling Q series. You can only say the passport is actually making a splash. Overall touch market is much bigger and they can win new users instead of simply trying to hold on to user a small user base.

I would never buy a slider or hybrid phone if I wanted an all touch, it would add bulk and reduce potential battery size.

Only possibility would be to simply create new variant possibly with slightly different shell and no keyboard and release it as a full touch alongside the visa. Easy and cheap way to satisfy full touch market.

Chen is not foolish enough to abandon this market, stop worrying about nothing everybody
    So it's real.
    All-touch "fundamentalism" exists... :-)

No offense.

You can't look past that extra row of keys that might make your phone more practical (shortcut keys) or even allow you to swipe (if touch sensitive) and scroll through pages, or zoom, or start/pause a movie WITHOUT obscuring any of that awesome 16:9 goodness ... ?

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    11-12-14 03:40 PM
119 12345