03-04-15 08:28 AM
119 1234 ...
tools
    With phones though it's assumed that there will be a new model in a year. Just like the iPhone, this time next year there will be an iPhone 6S, everybody knows it and it doesn't affect sales.
    09-27-14 01:07 PM
    With phones though it's assumed that there will be a new model in a year. Just like the iPhone, this time next year there will be an iPhone 6S, everybody knows it and it doesn't affect sales.
    In fact it helps drive sales.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:27 PM
    Carbon Fiber Z10 w/Leather Holster
    09-27-14 11:22 PM
    JC needs to read up on the Osborne Effect. He should never have hinted at a Passport 2 when the Passport has barely been launched. Osborne effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    It's not that bad. The Osborne Effect would only be the case if the new product was more attractive for most of the market, and I don't think that is the case for many.

I really like the Visa/Victoria concept, but I'm not as interested in it as I am the Passport.

The Passport stands out. That's a huge part of its appeal.
    00stryder likes this.
    09-28-14 02:25 AM
    Exactly, people are getting waaaay ahead of themselves. The concept is just being shown on in MARCH and say about 6 months + the actual device will come out. So it's a minimum of 1 year from now

Purchase the passport guys. No point waiting a year minimum for a phone you might now even like

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    I still have one year left in my current contract lol

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 12:10 PM
    Lol.. I said as much in my review. :P
    Is that the review I can't read in the CB App due to crazy formatting?

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-28-14 03:21 PM
    Yes, I can't read that review on my Z10 either, the formatting is all over the place.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 05:11 PM
    I can read the title of the review!

I have more friends because I do drugs!!
    09-29-14 03:17 AM
    How about a slider with a full keyboard? I don't like virtual keyboards and that includes if it's only a single row or two...

They should make a Q10-like device with a full keyboard without a belt that has a touch sensitive keyboard to use as a trackpad. I personally like the toolbelt for the call send and end buttons, but I know others who would probably love the idea of a Q10-like device with the trackpad function in the keyboard itself.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    +1 to that. I would be all over thatt device, maybe at 3.5 inchs without the toolbelt but same form factor and feel of the current Q10.

Powered by Blackberry
    09-29-14 06:02 AM
    Already working on two more QWERTY devices, including second generation Passport. But no mention of a flagship touch device!

Very disappointing. I think it's a big mistake for BlackBerry to be side lining touch screens.

It might be time to start looking at other platforms.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    09-29-14 06:37 AM
    +1 to that. I would be all over that device, maybe at 3.5 inchs without the toolbelt but same form factor and feel of the current Q10
    ZOMG That would be amazing!!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 11:13 AM
    Is it a second generation Passport or is it a 16:9 5.5 inch screen device with a passport keyboard in a drawer. Not for me.

I want a updated Z10 - same size but with a larger screen the same size as the iPhone 6 (not plus).
    09-29-14 11:15 AM
    Is it a second generation Passport or is it a 16:9 5.5 inch screen device with a passport keyboard in a drawer. Not for me.

I want a updated Z10 - same size but with a larger screen the same size as the iPhone 6 (not plus).
    I'm with you 100%.

09-29-14 11:41 AM
    Again, I'd say there is an excellent chance of there being a full-touch version of the Visa/Victoria. It would be extremely easy to build. Have patience.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 12:34 PM
    The Visa/Victoria is a full-touch phone when the keyboard is retracted. I think blackberry has made a purposeful decision to release phones with hardware keyboards as it's their trademark. For the average consumer, why would they choose a keyboardless blackberry over an iPhone or Samsung?
    j21jam6 likes this.
    09-29-14 01:02 PM
    We do not know if they can sell 10 million PKB devices. I am sceptical.
    09-29-14 05:13 PM
    I'm really starting to feel like a broken record here.

1. The Z20 is coming, so BlackBerry is clearly not abandoning that market.

2. John Chen has already come out and explicitly said there would be a new high-end full-touch handset next year.

3. The beauty of the Visa / Victoria concept is that it could be easily produced in an alternative version without the collapsible keyboard.

My favorite theory right now is that there will, indeed, be such a version out next spring.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 05:56 PM

2. John Chen has already come out and explicitly said there would be a new high-end full-touch handset next year.

3. The beauty of the Visa / Victoria concept is that it could be easily produced in an alternative version without the collapsible keyboard.

My favorite theory right now is that there will, indeed, be such a version out next spring.

Posted via CB10
    I must have missed the memo on points 1 and 2

I have more friends because I do drugs!!
    09-29-14 07:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Isn't the Z20 just the Z3 LTE?

09-29-14 08:09 PM

Yes but with the internal specs of the Z30 ??
    09-29-14 11:24 PM
    Better not be, the Z3 is a fairly entry level phone with entry level build quality.

BlackBerry needs to start bringing the Passport build quality to other phones. The metal surround is really nice and the device has a pretty premium feel.
    09-29-14 11:36 PM
    Exactly, people are getting waaaay ahead of themselves. The concept is just being shown on in MARCH and say about 6 months + the actual device will come out. So it's a minimum of 1 year from now

Purchase the passport guys. No point waiting a year minimum for a phone you might now even like

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    Yeah but it might come in nice when it is time to replace my z30. As long as it isn't any bigger than the z30.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 11:40 PM
    Why do they need to sell 10 million physical keyboard devices? The thing Chen said was "phones" to sustain the business.

They've announced results for two of four quarters for FY 2015. And sellthrough of phones is currently 5 million phones for the first two quarters.
    09-30-14 12:01 AM
    In fact it helps drive sales.

Posted via CB10
    Especially with the passport. It gives the owners a sigh of relief knowing that this square thing will continually be supported.

Work Wider.
    09-30-14 12:27 AM
    Why do they need to sell 10 million physical keyboard devices? The thing Chen said was "phones" to sustain the business.

They've announced results for two of four quarters for FY 2015. And sellthrough of phones is currently 5 million phones for the first two quarters.
    I meant to quote : " The Visa/Victoria is a full-touch phone when the keyboard is retracted. I think blackberry has made a purposeful decision to release phones with hardware keyboards as it's their trademark. For the average consumer, why would they choose a keyboardless blackberry over an iPhone or Samsung? "

My poorly made point was that it appeared unreasonable to solely focus on physical keyboard devices if they are to achieve sustainability. They need to produce quality all touch devices suitable for the various markets that they are in as well. The old keyboard only BlackBerry shall not return .. or so I think.
    09-30-14 12:47 AM
119 1234 ...