04-28-10 10:17 AM
27 12
tools
    I read a tweet today that. RIM announced the next Gen STORM. 3 will be a quarty slider???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 08:16 PM
    I read a tweet today that. RIM announced the next Gen STORM. 3 will be a quarty slider???

What's a quarty?

04-18-10 08:21 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at waistcoated

I mean the keyboard type that.on other non touchscreen BB.

04-18-10 08:24 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at waistcoated

I mean the keyboard type that.on other non touchscreen BB.

Oh, lol! Sorry. That would be qwerty, as in the first 6 keys on a qwerty keyboard, starting in the upper left.

Q-W-E-R-T-Y

I honestly wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I had no idea what a quarty was

04-18-10 08:33 PM
    I think you may be confused, there IS a touch screen slider coming from Blackberry, but it will NOT be the Storm 3. It's been in the works for a while, check the BlackBerry Slider 9700a Forum. It's expected to be a touch screen, but NOT have surepress. It's expected to have a slide down (like the Palm Pre) qwerty keyboard, similar to the keyboard on the 9700. Possible time frame is June/July.

Totally separate is the Storm3 which is expect to NOT have a sliding keyboard, and IS expected to have surepress. Also it is expected to have OS 6.0, and possible/probably flash. It's not expected before Sept at THE earliest.

Moving thread to News & Rumors. ALSO I have no inside knowledge, I just speculate based on what I have heard and based on my experience with following RIM products for several years. BUT I have NO inside knowledge, do NOT bank on my words!
    04-18-10 08:35 PM
    Yea I heard that flash will be out for the Blackberry this summer on twitter.

04-18-10 08:54 PM
    the slider should be horizontal. vertical sliders are too small.
    04-18-10 08:58 PM
    I REQUIRE easy one-handed typing on my bb's. It's the vertical slider that makes this device appealing to me. If it had a landscape slider I wouldn't give it a second look.

For me, anyway, one-handed typing on a landscape keyboard is very clunky.

04-18-10 09:03 PM
    the slider should be horizontal. vertical sliders are too small.
    Otherwise known as a portrait slider.

04-18-10 09:04 PM
    Most people type with two hands

I type with one sometimes but two if I'm serious.

Anyway, a landscape keyboard provides more space especially for those of us with larger hands. Just look at the Pre. Typing on that thing would be pain. It's way too small.
    04-18-10 09:06 PM
    Here is a link to a article(blog) post about the Storm 3. This person probably has not idea what he is talking about, but once this stuff goes out it spreads like wildfire, and it probably where the tweet came from.

Blackberry Storm 3 to be a Touch Screen Slider | TechTremor.com
    04-18-10 09:11 PM
    Here is a link to a article(blog) post about the Storm 3. This person probably has not idea what he is talking about, but once this stuff goes out it spreads like wildfire, and it probably where the tweet came from.

Blackberry Storm 3 to be a Touch Screen Slider | TechTremor.com
    Ok, it's the blogger that's mixed up then. He's confusing the Slider with the Storm 3. They are definitely 2 different devices. There is a Slider coming that is a GSM device (and possibly a CDMA model also), and a separate Storm3, that may, or may NOT be a Verizon exclusive. (EDIT: There are SOME rumbling, VERY unconfirmed that the S3 may have LTE support, I am doubtful)
    04-18-10 09:23 PM
    God, do I hope the Storm 3 has LTE support. The latest RUMOR I heard said that it will... commence breath holding.
    04-19-10 09:52 AM
    God, do I hope the Storm 3 has LTE support. The latest RUMOR I heard said that it will... commence breath holding.
    LTE? I hope! But I'll don't be surprised if it would only be CDMA(remember that the S1/S2 are stuck on CDMA carrier. In Canada it would be very cool to see a S3 with lte cause all carriers are already HSPA. But for the us market...

04-19-10 09:57 AM
    LTE? I hope! But I'll don't be surprised if it would only be CDMA(remember that the S1/S2 are stuck on CDMA carrier. In Canada it would be very cool to see a S3 with lte cause all carriers are already HSPA. But for the us market...

I agree with everything you said. I'm just hoping that it will have LTE because if everything goes perfectly according to plan, LTE will be up in some major markets by the end of this year, and fully rolled out by the end of next year and would be nice to have a phone that can utilize the new towers/signals as they come up. We'll see tho.
    04-19-10 10:03 AM
    I think RIM benefits a lot from the iPhone being ATT only and Storm being Verizon only. In a direct competition, the iPhone would dominate sales, so it's in RIM's best interest to keep this carrier exclusive rivalry going.
    04-19-10 03:01 PM
    That link that was posted was the same article/tweet that i read. Also i may still be wet behind the ears with this but what is LTE??

NJB

O yeah sadly the iPhone will be coming to Verizon too....
    04-19-10 05:45 PM
    What's a quarty?

That's downright nasty. Be nice.
    04-20-10 11:53 AM
    That's downright nasty. Be nice.
    I think you need to read my second post for an explanation.

"Nasty" is a bit harsh, there, skippy; don't you think?

04-20-10 05:34 PM
    Ya os 6.0, yo
    04-20-10 06:50 PM
    i want a real storm 3. The reason I love my Storm so much is b/c my fingers are too darn fat for BB keypads
    04-26-10 12:49 PM
    LTE stands for Long Term Evolution, which is the 4G technology that Verizon will be rolling out in the hopefully near future. Sprint and others use WiMax, a competing technology for 4G.

The key with the Storm 3 is if it is going to be LTE compatible, then it would need to support both CDMA and LTE, as Verizon will not rollout Voice and Data LTE immediately. Voice will be over CDMA and Data over LTE.
    04-26-10 06:44 PM
    I wish WES 2010 had given some info on the storm 3
    04-27-10 12:34 PM
    Sounds like no Storm 3 love at this years WES.
    04-27-10 01:53 PM
    WES isn't usually a place for new device announcements. Stuff like the new OS this year, the then-new BES last year, etc. The usual drill is leaked pics, then maybe a hands-on of a preproduction model by Kevin, an official pic leak, then an official announcement, followed by the drop a month later. We're somewhere between the first two with the 9800 slider, and haven't even gotten to the first with the S3.
    04-28-10 07:28 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD