Exactly as the title says. If they made a computer would you buy it? I think it would be interesting to see what it would be if they did make it.
    09-11-11 03:14 AM
    Never unless is Windows or Linux based or 100% (no less) compatible... and obviously ignoring the possibility of a Apple/Blackberry alliance
    09-11-11 03:34 AM
    They've made the Playbook... It's a computer... or at least sort of...
    Wretch 12 likes this.
    09-11-11 04:04 AM
    Depends what you mean really, if you are talking about a standard laptop or desktop then no, but stuff like the keyboard docks for motorola and asus devices would certainly be a more interesting possibility.
    09-11-11 09:09 AM
    Heck yeah! I'd want a desktop, not a laptop. My Vista experience has turned me off of Windows stuff, for me that means Apple is my only choice at this time.
    09-27-11 11:17 PM
    Lol, I would never buy a prebuilt desktop, and I already have a laptop.
    I'd consider it, but I doubt rim would be able to make a competitively priced laptop right of the bat, so probably not.
    Unless I was rich, in which case, definitely.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-27-11 11:29 PM
    How long does it take to boot up?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Wretch 12 and MetalxAssassinx like this.
    09-28-11 08:52 PM
    Highly doubtful. Until they get their (insert expletive here) completely together, I'd just as soon they spent the time and effort getting their mobile devices right. And supported.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-11 01:29 AM
    Nope.

For precisely the same reason I wouldn't buy a Windows phone. It's not what they do, and as such the experience would be like pulling teeth with no novocaine...
    09-29-11 04:01 AM
    If RIM makes some serious software enhancements, the Playbook could be a computer (with a dock, keyboard, etc.).
    10-16-11 05:42 PM
    I could probably build a computer from scratch faster than RIM could, just sayin...

To answer the question though, No. I wouldn't want tech that is already 2 years old in something supposed to be brand new, just sayin....We know what RIM considers "Quantum Leaps" in technology already - 2 year old tech in a relatively new box.
    10-18-11 12:31 AM
    TBH, don't see the point for any company entering the desk/laptop market at this stage.
    10-18-11 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD