08-02-09 03:39 PM
32 12
tools
    I don't think a slider is a fabulous idea. The same way the pearl flip wasn't a fabulous idea...
    08-01-09 12:12 AM
    what makes it not a fabulous idea? If people want it and love it doesn't that make it a good idea, at least to them?
    Personally I want a big screen and big (bold size) physical Qwerty below it on a small light phone... not sure how that supposed to work though
    08-01-09 09:24 AM
    A nice % of people that buy phone is still flip phones believe it or not that is why thy came out with the pearl flip
    08-01-09 02:36 PM
    I want a magnum i heard att is getting the magnum
    08-01-09 03:18 PM
    Yeah.... I would not want a slider. Ever.
    Sliders are great if they're made properly. IMHO
    08-02-09 02:39 PM
    I'm half and half on a slider, even though you'll have a bigger touch screen to navigate I think having the slider will make the device thicker.
    08-02-09 02:49 PM
    I was originally attracted to BlackBerrys because of their full qwerty keyboards. I thought that was awesome. I still do, and the BlackBerry keyboards are as good as any and the entire smartphone is a fantastic package even the low end ones with full qwertys.

But, that big, gorgeous screen on the Storm has really spoiled me. It caused me to learn how to type on a touchscreen, and while still not as great as a full qwerty, I've become very accurate. I can't go back to a small screen; so I have moved from the qwerty market to the touchscreen market for RIM's offerings.

A slider has always been a mixed blessing to me. I love the screen and the keyboard, so in that respect it's the best of both words combo. But, they are bulky, awkward to use in one hand when carrying things, and just don't feel sturdy to me. I prefer the candy bar design. So while the Magnum is intriguing, if it turns out to be a slider I will likely pass.
    08-02-09 03:39 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD