01-15-11 01:39 PM
27 12
tools
    I am craving just a glimmer of hope that there truely is a new Storm on the way. Verizon seems to be stuck with Android phones dropping on a regular basis. I like my Storm but I am holding on to my upgrade till early next year.
    I want a better camera, more memory, and a more stable device or I am jumping ship.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-10 01:12 AM
    Totally agree... I think we all want a new S3.

I guess we just have to wait though... there seem to be no leaks coming our way. We may not see anything until the Playbook is released or even until WES (or whatever its new name is) in May
    12-19-10 01:29 AM
    If no hope of a storm 3 (4G) is released soon I'm gonna give up on smart phones go back to a regular phone and put that $30 a month times two lines back in my pocket!!!!!!
    12-19-10 11:11 PM
    Blackberry let's go. I'm starting to think you guys are just a little dog sniffing around the Androids porch. When I saw the Torch I couldn't believe the keyboard. Instead of a wide body keyboard there is the typical Blackberry tiny board. It looks ridiculous. The supposed pics of the Storm 3in CB look like a sick phone but WHEN and WHERE are still left unanswered.
    If Blackberry doesn't step up to the plate I am gone.

12-20-10 12:36 AM
    I actually like the torch and it's normal BB keyboard. Im not at all a fan of the devices with the landscape slide out keyboard (like the droid and other android devices). Droid Pro is probably the best keyboard android device out there (though I like full touch better than them all).

Really want to see this S3. Honestly Ill be fine if it runs OS6 ... as long as it has a lot of app memory and a fast processor.
    12-20-10 12:43 AM
    Blackberry let's go. I'm starting to think you guys are just a little dog sniffing around the Androids porch. When I saw the Torch I couldn't believe the keyboard. Instead of a wide body keyboard there is the typical Blackberry tiny board. It looks ridiculous. The supposed pics of the Storm 3in CB look like a sick phone but WHEN and WHERE are still left unanswered.
    If Blackberry doesn't step up to the plate I am gone.

Happy trails...
    12-20-10 03:02 AM
    If no hope of a storm 3 (4G) is released soon I'm gonna give up on smart phones go back to a regular phone and put that $30 a month times two lines back in my pocket!!!!!!
    I could never give up my data service - I NEED my email on my phone and the ability to search the internet! Ya, I want a kick-a$$ Storm3 too, but it's gone have to happen before June 2011 or I will explore the Android platform...with data!
    12-20-10 09:57 AM
    Too bad Google is evil or I'd jump ship right now.

12-20-10 09:11 PM
    The Android phones seem to be rocking. I like Blackberry but their lack of product development as far as the Storm platform is concerned really sucks. The Storm concept is a great one in my opinion. I love the click screen. LOVE IT I say.
    Please o Please BlackBerry a Storm 3. Ill be your best friend forever.

RJV3 likes this.
    12-20-10 10:40 PM
    i'm ready to jump ship too. Rim is draggin their feet.they need to get it together.
    12-20-10 10:44 PM
    Honestly, if I didn't LIVE for BBM, I probably would be using an Android phone right now.

But, in all honesty, after using my mom's phone (moto droid 2), I know the android devices are much quicker, and more aesthetically pleasing... but I feel that I would miss a lot of features that I have on my BB.

Can't wait for a Storm3!
    12-20-10 11:06 PM
    Any timetable on a storm 3? The mere fact that we are still on OS 5 really sucks. I dont like the torch because im not a fan of the blackberry keyboards because i have bug fingers. Way to many typos. With the storm 2 and surepress, I can fly through my typing almost as fast as I do on a desktop keyboard if it wasnt for the lag issue with our phones. Strom 3 with qnx platform is the way to go.
    12-20-10 11:56 PM
    Any timetable on a storm 3? The mere fact that we are still on OS 5 really sucks. I dont like the torch because im not a fan of the blackberry keyboards because i have bug fingers. Way to many typos. With the storm 2 and surepress, I can fly through my typing almost as fast as I do on a desktop keyboard if it wasnt for the lag issue with our phones. Strom 3 with qnx platform is the way to go.
    Right now, I doubt we will get QNX anything until very late 2011/early 2012.
    But I'm hoping that RIM will at least throw us something early 2011 (Storm3 with OS6 and pretty good processor). I mean, a storm3 running OS6, with a good processor and upgraded memory should be fine given that it will be able to run themes, right?
    12-21-10 12:12 AM
    Honestly, if I didn't LIVE for BBM, I probably would be using an Android phone right now.
    Same here. We use it at work so we can communicate no matter where we are in the world. No BES at work, just using the BIS service. I would gladly pay RIM a good price for a BBM client for an Android or iPhone, and pay them for the service, but if they did that they would lose tons of hardware sales.
    12-21-10 06:17 AM
    The driving force today is always money...and as long as RIM is making money (albeit foreign countries), they seem to be happy to be a second rate US smartphone manufacturer; which makes me sad. Remember the days when there was a pride of product and country?
    12-21-10 11:45 AM
    Verizon seems to be stuck with Android phones dropping on a regular basis.
    Verizon isn't stuck with anything, Verizon is selling what sells. Androids sell, Storms don't.
    12-21-10 11:48 AM
    Phones need carriers to carry them; but carriers need better phones to carry them. Some people are willing to put up with lesser quality service as long as they can live with it, and a better than average device will do that for them.
    12-21-10 12:51 PM
    I need it now too. Enough of this boring foreplay!

12-21-10 02:49 PM
    Enough is enough already.... we haven't gotten ANY info that this device even exists, much less is coming out any time in the next year. I loved my storm 1, and my storm 2. I'm sick of having an inferior phone offering, and I want the front facing camera to be able to video chat with my family when away for business. If we don't hear anything by the time the iPhone is announced/available for Verizon. RIM is losing many, many more just like me, I'm positive about it..... The sad part is if we had any damn info and it was worth it I'd wait..... Though I think they are getting rid of the click screen and that's my major drawback about abandoning the 9550 anyways.....
    01-09-11 05:40 PM
    I iphone was announced today. Hang in there!!!! I wish Rim would at least release some info even if it says no new phone for 5 months. I will be happy with that.

Enough is enough already.... we haven't gotten ANY info that this device even exists, much less is coming out any time in the next year. I loved my storm 1, and my storm 2. I'm sick of having an inferior phone offering, and I want the front facing camera to be able to video chat with my family when away for business. If we don't hear anything by the time the iPhone is announced/available for Verizon. RIM is losing many, many more just like me, I'm positive about it..... The sad part is if we had any damn info and it was worth it I'd wait..... Though I think they are getting rid of the click screen and that's my major drawback about abandoning the 9550 anyways.....
    01-11-11 05:29 PM
    Agreed. Give us something..... Well a couple weeks to decide. **** even if I switch, I can upgrade every year (which might not be a bad idea because that's how long it's looking before we actually get this storm 3)......

I iphone was announced today. Hang in there!!!! I wish Rim would at least release some info even if it says no new phone for 5 months. I will be happy with that.
    01-11-11 06:13 PM
    RIM is a strange beast. All the talk of the playbook and no new phones. I don't need or want a tablet. I need a better phone. I see the Droid devices with 8 Meg cameras and good multimedia capabilities and I am thinking I may just switch. RIM is starting to just annoy me.

01-11-11 11:10 PM
    Agreed. Give us something..... Well a couple weeks to decide. **** even if I switch, I can upgrade every year (which might not be a bad idea because that's how long it's looking before we actually get this storm 3)......
    Just be careful with believing that you will continue to have a yearly upgrade and new every 2 discounts. It has been reported on several sites that Verizon may do away with it. If this is true the only way to get an upgrade every year would be to enter a 1 year contract and pay the higher price for the device (if they even allow this for the iphone). I personally hope it's not true as I have annual upgrades. There's enough chatter surrounding this rumor that I would definitely look into it before you sign another contract.

DontHateTheGeek
    01-11-11 11:33 PM
    It's all over CrackBerry too. http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/ver...tracts-572951/

01-12-11 06:55 AM
    I am right there!! I do not see a need for a tablet. I have a laptop and a tablet lacks everything i would need! I need a phone!

RIM is a strange beast. All the talk of the playbook and no new phones. I don't need or want a tablet. I need a better phone. I see the Droid devices with 8 Meg cameras and good multimedia capabilities and I am thinking I may just switch. RIM is starting to just annoy me.

01-12-11 01:09 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD