07-14-14 09:28 AM
312 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Lol dell already tried something like that, it looks way to big for a slider, it's a great concept and hopefully BlackBerry can make a way better design
    I saw a BlackBerry 10 slider-dell-venue-pro-review-design-04-1-.jpg

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    09-07-13 09:09 AM
    Damn that's huge! Are we going back to the "brick" phone?

I used my Z10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    09-07-13 10:49 AM
    Look at all the wasted space on the top and bottom of the touchscreen though.
    DS1331 likes this.
    09-07-13 11:00 AM
    Attachment 187808Attachment 187809

Does it look something like this?
    Can't wait actually, I would love a version like this!

Sent from my SGH-I957R using CB Forums mobile app
    09-07-13 12:38 PM
    I have a Dell Venue Pro, and I love it. Would love to see Blackberry improve on it though with better speed, battery life, and slightly more spacious keyboard. Physically, though, it was much better than any Torch I have ever held.

Lol dell already tried something like that, it looks way to big for a slider, it's a great concept and hopefully BlackBerry can make a way better design
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dell-Venue-Pro-Review-Design-04(1).jpg 
Views:	3185 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	199341

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    RyanGermann likes this.
    09-07-13 07:48 PM
    Keep in mind that it was created several years ago. There have been plenty of advances since then. I still think that if Blackberry created a phone with a sliding keyboard similar to the DVP, there would be a lot of very happy Blackberry users. Yes, more usable surface space on the front, and yes, wider keyboard.

Look at all the wasted space on the top and bottom of the touchscreen though.
    09-07-13 07:52 PM
    Keep in mind that it was created several years ago. There have been plenty of advances since then. I still think that if Blackberry created a phone with a sliding keyboard similar to the DVP, there would be a lot of very happy Blackberry users. Yes, more usable surface space on the front, and yes, wider keyboard.
    Exactly what I was thinking as well, that the dell was a great concept and I think BlackBerry could improve on the design and everything now days. Just hope they don't Over do it

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-07-13 07:56 PM
    Exactly what I was thinking as well, that the dell was a great concept and I think BlackBerry could improve on the design and everything now days. Just hope they don't Over do it

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    I don't see why someone hasn't released a sliding bluetooth keyboard case for the Z10 already.
    09-07-13 10:23 PM
    I would buy one.
    09-07-13 10:38 PM
    I don't see why someone hasn't released a sliding bluetooth keyboard case for the Z10 already.
    Probably market is just not big enough.

It would be like this:
    09-08-13 12:04 AM
    09-08-13 12:15 AM
    BlackBerry put us in a jam. We want a bigger touch screen with better resolution, but we also want a physical keyboard, and what they have done is split the product down the middle forcing us to pick which feature we can live without. If I go Q10, it's OLED and touch but 3.1" at 720x720...but there's my physical keyboard that I love. Choose Z10, lose keyboard and OLED but pick up one inch of screen and higher resolution. It's just not right that they haven't offered a "best of both worlds" device yet.

ruhban likes this.
    09-08-13 09:51 AM
    Yeah the Blade was a great looking phone and the Milan wasn't to bad either.
    The problem is that the blade was a pretty looking picture that simply wouldn't work in reality, with the thinness of the keyboard it would have been too top heavy.
    09-09-13 08:38 AM
    BlackBerry put us in a jam. We want a bigger touch screen with better resolution, but we also want a physical keyboard, and what they have done is split the product down the middle forcing us to pick which feature we can live without. If I go Q10, it's OLED and touch but 3.1" at 720x720...but there's my physical keyboard that I love. Choose Z10, lose keyboard and OLED but pick up one inch of screen and higher resolution. It's just not right that they haven't offered a "best of both worlds" device yet.
    There is no true best of both worlds device, there is just a case of which compromises you like best when it comes to mobile devices and it just so happens that a slider is that for you.
    09-09-13 08:40 AM
    Or at least a big *** Z30 sized screen with a q10 keyboard attached below. I would compromise the slider for that. Yes, it would be bulky, but so are phablets.

Tim Heard likes this.
    09-09-13 09:02 AM
    Looks like Motorola might be planning a new slider of their own.

http://www.geek.com/google/motorola-...board-1568452/

If that's the case then it's even more important that BlackBerry do a slider right. The leak is for a screen of 4.3 - 4.5 inches. I think that's about the right size for a slider, can still be used one-handed by most and nice big screen realistate. That being said I'm not a big fan of landscape sliders so I'll wait for BlackBerry to make a portrait one.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 09:22 AM
    Looks like Motorola might be planning a new slider of their own.

http://www.geek.com/google/motorola-...board-1568452/

If that's the case then it's even more important that BlackBerry do a slider right. The leak is for a screen of 4.3 - 4.5 inches. I think that's about the right size for a slider, can still be used one-handed by most and nice big screen realistate. That being said I'm not a big fan of landscape sliders so I'll wait for BlackBerry to make a portrait one.

Posted via CB10
    I honestly think thats irrelivent to BlackBerry users, everybody wants a veticle keyboard slider not a horizontal keyboard slider, they are way different and just from my personal experience I have used both and would never buy a horizontal keyboard.

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    Bbnivende likes this.
    09-09-13 02:43 PM
    I honestly think thats irrelivent to BlackBerry users, everybody wants a veticle keyboard slider not a horizontal keyboard slider, they are way different and just from my personal experience I have used both and would never buy a horizontal keyboard.

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    True but it is another physical keyboard phone that is being produced and those are becoming a rarity (unless it's a BlackBerry). But let me ask you when was the last time you saw a portrait slider? The only two modes I can think of were the torch and Pre line of phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 05:42 PM
    True but it is another physical keyboard phone that is being produced and those are becoming a rarity (unless it's a BlackBerry). But let me ask you when was the last time you saw a portrait slider? The only two modes I can think of were the torch and Pre line of phones.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it's been a while but everything I have seen, tourch owners don't ever want to give them up and they love them more then anything, I have personally never used a portrait slider before, the idea seems great, if it's built perfect though.

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-09-13 05:55 PM
    Yeah it's been a while but everything I have seen, tourch owners don't ever want to give them up and they love them more then anything, I have personally never used a portrait slider before, the idea seems great, if it's built perfect though.

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    I completely agree. I was planning on saving my upgrade for a new BB10 slider but when my curve bit the dust I bit the bullet and got a Q10. I love the phone and am happy with my purchase, but if BlackBerry comes out with a slider I might breakdown and buy one off contract.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 06:18 PM
    Actually. I think more people use a keyboard but most of those phones are just phones. Not expensive phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 07:17 PM
    A physical keyboard is to text entry what a vinyl record is to the ears of an audiophile. There's no substitute for the real thing.

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-10-13 08:35 PM
    Hmm. Strange analogy, since digital playback can produce far better sound quality, and no amount of predictive texting software on slabs can compete with good QWERTY keyboards (plus software too) for speed and accuracy.

A physical keyboard is to text entry what a vinyl record is to the ears of an audiophile. There's no substitute for the real thing.

09-12-13 09:59 AM
    Wrong. Any audiophile will tell you that vinyl had the best capture of actual sound than any other medium.

Bugmapper, MarsupilamiX and A7omic like this.
    09-12-13 06:11 PM
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomal...om-lyor-cohen/

09-12-13 06:16 PM
312 ... 7891011 ...