07-14-14 09:28 AM
312 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Are you really that set on a sliding mechanism and a thicker device that you would skip other devices if they offered the same benefits of larger display and qwerty keyboard?

Just think if they made a wider qwerty device, you could readily move into the 4.2" - 4.5" display range without the device being too wide and rather than having a compromised qwerty experience as has always been the case with a slider, you could even have a better typing experience, is that not a device that could truly deserve the description best of both worlds that slider fans wrongly try to claim as their own?

The QWERTY has a square screen. No way to have such a large square screen.
    08-18-13 10:31 PM
    So? You need to think outside the box. The only reason the Q10 has a square screen is because they've chosen to go with an aspect ratio of 1:1. There's no reason why they can't make a larger (think taller, too) screen and just change the aspect ratio so you can have more screen, see more info AND have your physical QWERTY. It's definitely doable, just that no one has done it because now BlackBerry is the only making physical keyboards...

If the next Q device doesn't fall inline with this (having a larger screen) they can just pack it up.
    08-19-13 11:39 AM
    6 devices:
    1. Z10
    2. Q10
    3. Q5
    4. Z30
    5. P'9982
    6._______
    08-19-13 11:55 AM
    6 devices:
    1. Z10
    2. Q10
    3. Q5
    4. Z30
    5. P'9982
    6._______
    The BB10 Porsche device isn't part of the 6 (I hope)

That would be a really bad move.
    08-19-13 12:25 PM
    I wonder if they count the gold edition phone they just released in Dubai. I know they don't count different color variations of the same models, but maybe it would be different for the gold phone since it has a different price point.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    08-19-13 07:52 PM
    So? You need to think outside the box. The only reason the Q10 has a square screen is because they've chosen to go with an aspect ratio of 1:1. There's no reason why they can't make a larger (think taller, too) screen and just change the aspect ratio so you can have more screen, see more info AND have your physical QWERTY. It's definitely doable, just that no one has done it because now BlackBerry is the only making physical keyboards...

If the next Q device doesn't fall inline with this (having a larger screen) they can just pack it up.
    No reason why they can't but they have already said that they would not ... at least for the "six devices".

The Next Q could have had a bigger screen if they could reduce the bezel size and increase the width a smidgen. I am thinking that 3.5 is a reasonable size for the Q before it gets too big with this format. ( square )
    08-20-13 01:36 AM
    The BB10 Porsche device isn't part of the 6 (I hope)

That would be a really bad move.
    Why would it be a bad move, it avoids making the mistake they did with bb7 where there were simply too many devices competing for similar markets, a 2013 series of releases that ended up being 4 mainstream bb10 devices, 1 niche bb10 device and 1 bb7 device is actually a pretty sensible approach for them to take.
    08-20-13 03:56 AM
    I'm not going to give up my Dell Venue Pro until Blackberry releases a slider.
    From my perspective, the ideal would be an upgrade of the Z30. I want a large screen, and a nice wide keyboard. The Torch, in my opinion, was a crappy phone because the keyboard was too narrow and the screen wasn't large enough. ... And I don't care how thick they have to make it to make the slider work well and give it a decent battery life.
    For anyone in power who's paying attention, I'll sign any NDA you put in front of me for a chance to beta test one. :-)
    PrettiiBadOne419 likes this.
    08-20-13 11:23 AM
    ...so this is the image I tried to post before, of the BB10 slider "concept" that I crammed the hardware buttons and TrackPad onto.

Attachment 188878
    No thanks. Pointless having a track pad and buttons. That's moving backwards not forward. I can never use a track pad again as I love the flow of BB10

Posted via Vader10
    ruhban likes this.
    08-20-13 03:45 PM
    Go pull up a picture of a Dell Venue Pro. That's what I want, but with a more spacious keyboard, and a larger (wider and taller) screen. I'm carrying an extra thick version, because I bought a battery that was supposed to offer longer battery life, except that WP7 can't take advantage of it.
    The device fits fine in my pocket, and would if it sported larger dimensions. ... So that's how I know exactly what it is that I want, and believe it to be a reasonable request. No square screen. Tall and wide, but definitely taller than it would be wide.

08-20-13 08:21 PM
    So, the screen was Z10 sized? What was the QWERTY keyboard like?

I was sitting in burgerking and some guy was standing with a BlackBerry 10 slider.

Looked like a z10 with q10 keyboard and a but thicker than q10

He had pins on the side so it was running 10.2

And it was 4 row like the z10

Sorry no picture.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 08:24 PM
    Go pull up a picture of a Dell Venue Pro. That's what I want, but with a more spacious keyboard, and a larger (wider and taller) screen. I'm carrying an extra thick version, because I bought a battery that was supposed to offer longer battery life, except that WP7 can't take advantage of it.
    The device fits fine in my pocket, and would if it sported larger dimensions. ... So that's how I know exactly what it is that I want, and believe it to be a reasonable request. No square screen. Tall and wide, but definitely taller than it would be wide.
    I agree with you .. needs to have a 1280 x 720 screen.
    08-21-13 04:25 PM
    After using z10 I find track pad not quite as important
    Maybe a virtual replacement could help since before getting my z10 I felt like the track pad was absolutely necessary.

I would definitely pay contract cancel fee to get this bb10 slider
    Tim Heard likes this.
    08-22-13 09:35 PM
    I would consider this, love my 9810 and have had no problems after a year with it. Assuming the apps are available at the time of delivery, if not its a mute point as more promises from Blackberry are worthless . Make it available in multi colors right off the bat with all carriers also.
    08-23-13 10:49 PM
    No thanks. Pointless having a track pad and buttons. That's moving backwards not forward. I can never use a track pad again as I love the flow of BB10
    My last phone was a 9800 and I was hoping for a BB10 slider. That hasn't happened so I got a Z10.

To me, the physical keyboard + trackpad belong together. Even if a BB10 slider came out, it wouldn't have a trackpad and that would be a deal breaker.

For some reason people seem to think that the trackpad is just for navigating around icons and menus, and for scrolling between emails.

I'd rather BlackBerry put their R&D budget into the OS and marketing than a slider right now.
    09-01-13 11:49 PM
    Throw in the scroll wheel while you're at it. Let's have a a REAL nostalgia packed device!

I used my Z10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    09-02-13 09:09 AM
    Throw in the scroll wheel while you're at it. Let's have a a REAL nostalgia packed device!
    Or, how about a device that's more functional for text editing?
    09-02-13 11:42 AM
    That was a joke. I'm old school BlackBerry, and I loved my scroll wheel (NOT the track ball, track pad was OK), but life is about moving forward. Besides, with dismal Q10 sales, I doubt BlackBerry is going to entertain any more nostalgia to hook customers. BlackBerry 10 is solid. My Z10 is a move in the right direction, but the Z30 is a much better one. Now if anything were to be incorporated into a new BlackBerry 10 phone, the 9800 slider design with Z30 specs and Q10 keyboard is most likely to succeed over a 720x720 3 inch display any day of the week. They should have led with a slider as I described. Makes people feel they got more bang for their buck.

09-02-13 07:48 PM
    PLEASE BLACKBERRY, if u do release a slider make sure that ....... besides all the top hardware and OS that it naturally has to have ..... PLEASE think DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! it may not seem like it but a cool, utra modern design on any device is a sales magnet, so please, i like the slider idea BUT it must look out of this world for it to catch on in a big way. People want to look cool and show off, its human nature!
    DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN DESIGN .................................................. .
    Tim Heard likes this.
    09-03-13 04:45 AM
    09-04-13 11:57 AM
    Good eye, Tim! I'll take it!

09-04-13 07:02 PM
    It does seem like an interesting design. Hope they make it and that they don't cheap out on the materials or specs.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 07:16 AM
    Sweet

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 07:25 AM
    Yeah the Blade was a great looking phone and the Milan wasn't to bad either. I just wish they'd hurry up and release a good 4"+ slider. I love my Q10 for the physical keyboard but would like the extra screen space for watching videos and playing games. Also the app selection should be better on a larger screen phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 08:55 AM
    Man this thread is exactly why I love CrackBerry so bloody much!

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 09:07 AM
312 ... 678910 ...