07-14-14 09:28 AM
312 ... 23456 ...
tools
    In the meantime Im certain of it that BlackBerry will make the WRONG decision..... I would prefer a slider (with suitable specs) to the A10!!!!
    08-01-13 01:00 AM
    In the meantime Im certain of it that BlackBerry will make the WRONG decision..... I would prefer a slider (with suitable specs) to the A10!!!!
    A slider not like the Torch though, slide in the Landscape Mode.
    CatScan29 likes this.
    08-01-13 01:18 AM
    08-01-13 02:50 AM
    Hope it's not to big and heavy...4inch max.
    08-01-13 03:03 AM
    *IF* BlackBerry came out with this device *AND* it didn't have a sealed battery *THEN* I would buy it.....my Torch absolutely outperformed my amazing bricking 99xx devices.....

......ugh.....another round of waiting game......
    08-01-13 04:25 AM
    Speaking of Nokia, I'd love to see a return of the Communicator form factor... For those in 'Murica! think of an enV series phone.

I think there is a not insignificant latent demand for qwerty devices in the market place that no one other than Blackberry is even attempting to tap into but at the same time accept that the Q10/5 form factor may not be to everyone's taste.

I really like the look of the never brought to market Nokia N950 with it's touch screen display and good size slide out qwerty for when you've got some proper writing to do. I'd almost throw my money as someone who brought out an up to date phone like that.

http://cdn2.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/nokia/nokia-n950-2.jpg
    imz and 203 like this.
    08-01-13 04:43 AM
    It is possible.
    They said 6 devises this year:
    1. Z10
    2. Q10
    3. Q5
    4. THAT BBOS ONE
    5. A10 (OR WHATEVER THEY WILL CALL IT)
    6. slider

It could be #6 this year.
    Personally, I think 6 is a bit much. Should be 2-3 max IMO.
    But then there's that Porsche device...
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    08-01-13 04:46 AM
    BlackBerry should be a lot more forthcoming with release dates and future plans! I know they don't want to give to much away to competitors but people need to start believing in the brand again.
    08-01-13 05:00 AM
    Lol really? So I guess that means that all these A10 videos are fake.? Or does this mean they are gonna announce that the A10 is gonna be announced this week? Just because THORS son was using a new BB10 phone to try doesn't mean anything . It could be one of 30 slider prototypes ! Doesn't mean it's the final product. If you want why don't you PM me and I can give you his FB info and shoot him an email and ask him if he gets tester phones??? Better yet let's get crackberry Kevin to contact him Via Facebook for an interview and he can ask him
    No, the A10 is very real. I think what many people here think is BBRY on purpose goes out and leaks this stuff. We actually get pretty p!ssed off when stuff like this appears, as its drilled into employees to never ever disclose devices that are months/years from emerging to the market. Thorsten, like many others is a big advocate of privacy and security.

The leaks you see (hardware side) are mostly from third party contractors, teams that do things such as internationalisation of the OS etc, and from carrier/distributor partners. Every time this happens, someone always gets fired. I know of several instances that this happened with the Z10 and the 9900. They are named publically internally, and sometimes contracts are terminated with those groups.

"Prototypes" are kept under secure conditions within either of the development centres. Employees use "beta, almost production-ready" devices to test internally. They are never taken out of the business unless disguised. Just the same as Apple, Samsung, Motorola etc do.

If they come out with a sliding formfactor this year, then i'll be pleasantly surprised, and will be the first to buy one. But I don't think its a focus for them right now given the size of the market for one of those type of devices.
    08-01-13 05:26 AM
    Attachment 187808Attachment 187809

Does it look something like this?
    Will buy this - would be better if they could put frets on the keyboard...seems there on the drawing (white images) but not on the picture of the phone (black images)
    08-01-13 05:35 AM
    I loved my Torch. Never had one problem with the phone or the slide. Gave it up to get my Z10. If an OS10 slider comes out I will be in a quandary for sure. Meanwhile I a more than happy with my Z.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and go1ndr like this.
    08-01-13 05:40 AM
    A Slider with a large screen would be my first choice when I jump to BB10. Ihave a torch and love getting the best of both worlds.
    08-01-13 05:47 AM
    Had a Torch 9800 for two years before I got my Z10 in February this year. Loved the phone. Used the physical keyboard 90% of the time as the screen keyboard was harder to use and type with. However, now having my awesome Z10 screen size the screen keyboard is brilliant. Wouldn't go back to a slider again even if BlackBerry did bring a BB10 version out even as much as I liked my old Torch.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 05:48 AM
    pic or it didnt happen, and u didnt go to burger king and eat on that particular day and see the bb10 slider and no such day occured
    FSeverino likes this.
    08-01-13 06:13 AM
    Man i wish my z10 had that many icons on the screen at once.

Looks pretty legit.

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    Why! It is so easy to go to any page that you want just buy touching one of the little squares at the bottom and then back home buy touching the virtual home button.
    08-01-13 06:41 AM
    Can't see this happening. There is virtually no market for a slider phone now-a-days. But BBRY is still making phones that have no business in the real world so with their mentality this could be possible.
    You are kidding, are you?
    08-01-13 06:44 AM
    Portrait mode

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 06:45 AM
    Originally Posted by Savior4Life Can't see this happening. There is virtually no market for a slider phone now-a-days. But BBRY is still making phones that have no business in the real world so with their mentality this could be possible.
    Well, as it stands- now, nothing(Z or the Q) is really selling large numbers at the moment and no one else has a Slider on the market. Personally, I would prefer a BB10 Slider over an A10 - another Z10 with a bigger screen and bigger battery. At least the Slider would allow BlackBerry some much needed "positive" attention.
    hf199, StormieTwo, go1ndr and 1 others like this.
    08-01-13 08:13 AM
    With the vertical slider most can still type one handed. With the horizontal slider you can get bigger keys. Even with my chubby thumbs I like the vertical slide of the Torch series.

10.2 what's your 10-20?
    08-01-13 09:03 AM
    sliders are cool & popular, but imo, moving parts = ones that break...
    08-01-13 10:10 AM
    Good job with those! However, if BlackBerry does make a slider, they need to make sure it isn't too thick like the Torch 9800 and 9810
    I hope that if they do, those keys are accurate. I hated the Torch's keyboard. Mushy and that lip around the side got in the way. This looks like the lip is gone.
    08-01-13 10:30 AM
    This is the phone that I would love to have; though i still think it should slide landscape and not portrait. So when is AT&T gonna carry this one?
    08-01-13 10:43 AM
    A slider not like the Torch though, slide in the Landscape Mode.
    ugh. Please no horizontal sliders. They absolutely require two-handed typing. Something like a Z10/Pre3 hybrid would be ideal imho.
    habicht and hf199 like this.
    08-01-13 10:52 AM
    IF, and that's a huge IF, BBRY made this thing ala the images posted by Alex I'd be all over it. I think that would be about perfect for my wants/needs. On the other hand I don't see it happening unless BBRY starts selling the current lines like hotcakes. As much as I like the slider I think I'm part of a small minority and phones like this one are much more expensive to build than something like the Z10.

Plus being I'm with Sprint I'd have to wait a couple of years after release for it to be available anyway. It's fun to dream isn't it??
    08-01-13 10:59 AM
    And it would probably also be able to pack a whopping battery!
    I don't care if it's a little thicker / heavier to have all the features: all my life I've had huge monster gaming notebooks and don't regret it at all. Power and capability is most important, even if it weighs A WHOLE OUNCE MORE. I don't understand this race to the bottom on weight and thickness that undermines the utility of the device. Not carrying anything at all is a lot lighter, if it's so important.

Can't see this happening. There is virtually no market for a slider phone now-a-days. But BBRY is still making phones that have no business in the real world so with their mentality this could be possible.
    I guess you're trolling, because you're in a thread full of people genuflecting to the Slider Phone gods (I think he's called "Slydee".) and trolling is bad, because you think you're funny but it's just kind of tiresome. Sorry, but whether you're serious or not, um... no.

Is it just me, or wouldn't one of those bottom sliders get top heavy very easily? Wouldn't it be awkward to hold in the hand as you type?
    Nope. The screen is actually very light: all the heavy bits are in the base.

Who thinks a bb10 slider would be a bad idea given that the screen unlock/awake motion could cause the slider to flick slightly upwards?
    Nope: the spring would be properly attenuated and it would be no problem. If it WAS a problem, the slider spring would just be so strong that when it needed to be opened, it might be a two handed operation. One shouldn't / needn't press so hard on a touchscreen anyway.

I hope that if they do, those keys are accurate. I hated the Torch's keyboard. Mushy and that lip around the side got in the way. This looks like the lip is gone.
    The mock-up (which is probably fan-made, now circulating as something real, but it's not) had that ultra annoying bottom ridge thing that looks like that puts the keyboard about half a centimeter recessed! That simply can't be true, because it's unnecessary and would inhibit thumb typing. Imagine trying to type on a computer keyboard with a 4 x 4 wood beam in front of the keyboard and you have to reach over the 4 x 4 to get to the keyboard. Not good.

I just hope they don't make the same design mistake on the BB10 slider that they made in the design of the Torch: the keyboard was smaller so the device could be 'smaller' or whatever... make the device / screen as large as is needed to put a full Q10 keyboard on the thing, even if it is Aristo-sized. DON'T EFF THIS ONE UP, BLACKBERRY! Oops... now they're sure to, to spite us... :-(
    08-01-13 11:24 AM
312 ... 23456 ...