Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
09-20-19 07:33 PM
26 12
tools
    I'm currently using my KEYone, but after 2 years, I can feel it is aging, plus Rogers stated we had the "final update" makes me more anxious.

I don't want to bother with KEY2 LE, since it looks and feels so cheap.
    I don't want to bother with KEY2 either, since it is already 1 year old. But if I had to take a choice, I'll take KEY2 as a fallback choice.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    06-27-19 10:30 AM
    Don't see a KEY3 coming anytime soon... six months at least.

KEY2 is your best bet.
    06-27-19 10:57 AM
    I'm currently using my KEYone, but after 2 years, I can feel it is aging, plus Rogers stated we had the "final update" makes me more anxious.

I don't want to bother with KEY2 LE, since it looks and feels so cheap.
    I don't want to bother with KEY2 either, since it is already 1 year old. But if I had to take a choice, I'll take KEY2 as a fallback choice.
    How does the LE feel cheap?

By the way, greetings from Vice City
    06-27-19 11:03 AM
    Don't see a KEY3 ever arriving. BlackBerry stock is in a freefall. John Chen says "the technology world has moved on" and "the hardware world is a very difficult world to be in," which wouldn't inspire even the most dedicated of licensees to release additional devices. Couple that with the silence from everyone at TCL and BlackBerry Mobile and it seems like it makes sense to buy a KEY2 if you want to ensure access to a device with a keyboard -- at least until they stop supporting it.
    06-27-19 11:17 AM
    Don't see a KEY3 ever arriving. BlackBerry stock is in a freefall. John Chen says "the technology world has moved on" and "the hardware world is a very difficult world to be in," which wouldn't inspire even the most dedicated of licensees to release additional devices. Couple that with the silence from everyone at TCL and BlackBerry Mobile and it seems like it makes sense to buy a KEY2 if you want to ensure access to a device with a keyboard -- at least until they stop supporting it.
    Well, either Chen can lower the BB tax to TCL (while ceasing development of BB app suite which most probably don't care for) which would basically be selling the rights to use the brand name and PKB patents.

That, or TCL ditches BB Ltd and produces the "Generic TCL KEY3"
    06-27-19 11:22 AM
    BBMo sales aren't even a blip on BlackBerry's bottom line... might even be a negative at this point.

Did see one positive for BBMo....I need a KEY3 right now!-tcl-mid-range-coming-soon.jpg soit would seem TCL does have plans for BlackBerry still.... "a breath of fresh air"
    06-27-19 11:26 AM
    Excellent! Do they have a marketing department? It's time to set some specific release dates.
    06-27-19 11:29 AM
    Excellent! Do they have a marketing department? It's time to set some specific release dates.
    Seems like they do since they have someone posting almost daily on Instagram lol.

If they're currently in the middle of R&D for the BBJ100 "Monet" then they're doing a damn good job at keeping quiet
    06-27-19 11:34 AM
    "High End - BlackBerry"

... with midrange or less specs. lol
    06-27-19 11:42 AM
    From CA: Rogers just told me they are not providing Blackberry products in their wireless plans. I have KeyOne and don’t know what I should do. Keep or get 2 before they are all gone. Thoughts please?? From Very faithful Blackberry fan!!
    06-27-19 03:54 PM
    From CA: Rogers just told me they are not providing Blackberry products in their wireless plans. I have KeyOne and don’t know what I should do. Keep or get 2 before they are all gone. Thoughts please?? From Very faithful Blackberry fan!!
    If you want to upgrade right now from your KEYone and Rogers has the device available on a plan, then sure, why not?
    06-27-19 05:14 PM
    Do you mean Rogers will not sell KEY3 and future devices? What about Bell or Telus?

Consider how expensive the wireless service in Canada is, most of people will get their phone by contract. If all theme major players in wireless industry moved away from BlackBerry Mobile, then BBMo will be super dead in Canadian market, thus we will less likely have new devices in the future. If that's true, that's so sad. Look how Nokia doing these days, they are far from good right now but definitely not starving.
    06-27-19 08:24 PM
    If you want to upgrade right now from your KEYone and Rogers has the device available on a plan, then sure, why not?
    When I come back from vacation I will definitely sign a KEY2, just in case.
    06-27-19 08:24 PM
    Back from Liberty City? Or Los Santos?
    06-27-19 08:32 PM
    Look how Nokia doing these days...
    Nokia, Ericsson and Huawei own the market in network infrastructure. Nokia got out of the handset business for a much more lucrative position in carrier hardware & software.
    06-27-19 11:26 PM
    Nokia, Ericsson and Huawei own the market in network infrastructure. Nokia got out of the handset business for a much more lucrative position in carrier hardware & software.
    We both know he meant Nokia branded devices from HMD Global - https://www.hmdglobal.com/.
    06-27-19 11:44 PM
    I don't know about Canada, but in the US it is hard to find a KEY2.
    06-28-19 02:23 AM
    Do you mean Rogers will not sell KEY3 and future devices? What about Bell or Telus?

Consider how expensive the wireless service in Canada is, most of people will get their phone by contract. If all theme major players in wireless industry moved away from BlackBerry Mobile, then BBMo will be super dead in Canadian market, thus we will less likely have new devices in the future. If that's true, that's so sad. Look how Nokia doing these days, they are far from good right now but definitely not starving.
    I was told that at the retail store level. I just call the CS number and ordered my Key2. Very excited!! I don't know about the other carriers but the trend has been for large organizations to move away from Blkby (ie CN for instance). I hope that is not a sign of the end of BlackBerry altogether!
    06-28-19 08:36 AM
    I was told that at the retail store level. I just call the CS number and ordered my Key2. Very excited!! I don't know about the other carriers but the trend has been for large organizations to move away from Blkby (ie CN for instance). I hope that is not a sign of the end of BlackBerry altogether!
    BlackBerry limited hasn't ended period. They're software and security-focused, since late 2015.

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    08-03-19 01:10 PM
    I would hazard a guess that there isn't a Key3 in the works and there won't be one ever.
    08-03-19 02:34 PM
    Don't see a KEY3 coming anytime soon ..
    09-16-19 04:16 PM
    I need a Motion 2 right now.
    09-18-19 06:47 AM
    I'm highly frustrated, been using the BlackBerry KEYone since launch and I've been loving the physical keyboard since I type several emails and notes for work. The KEYone for me as aged very well, I've been doing a factory reset about every 6-8 months to keep the device really snappy, however it can need more RAM as *** (excel w/ pictures) closes, battery is decreasing, space bar is wearing out, and overall it's getting slower.
    The answer is the 6GB KEY2, but it seems I can't get that in USA anymore?..Best Buy and Amazon doesn't have anymore to offer us. So how am I suppose to get one?
    I will need a new device soon, my wife uses the S10+ and it's awesome! The battery life is just as good as the KEYone and with DeX it will be perfect for my type of work...not to mention it's around $650-$700 now (same price as the KEY2).
    That being said...I either need an available KEY2, or a new redesign KEY3, or I'm going with the S10+ w/ DeX.
    Been with BlackBerry since the 7520 days on Nextel, I honestly don't want to leave the privacy focus, productive keyboard on the BlackBerry. Please BBMo.... give us a productive (wider) KEY3! *hoping*
    09-19-19 10:23 AM
    I'm highly frustrated, been using the BlackBerry KEYone since launch and I've been loving the physical keyboard since I type several emails and notes for work. The KEYone for me as aged very well, I've been doing a factory reset about every 6-8 months to keep the device really snappy, however it can need more RAM as *** (excel w/ pictures) closes, battery is decreasing, space bar is wearing out, and overall it's getting slower.
    The answer is the 6GB KEY2, but it seems I can't get that in USA anymore?..Best Buy and Amazon doesn't have anymore to offer us. So how am I suppose to get one?
    I will need a new device soon, my wife uses the S10+ and it's awesome! The battery life is just as good as the KEYone and with DeX it will be perfect for my type of work...not to mention it's around $650-$700 now (same price as the KEY2).
    That being said...I either need an available KEY2, or a new redesign KEY3, or I'm going with the S10+ w/ DeX.
    Been with BlackBerry since the 7520 days on Nextel, I honestly don't want to leave the privacy focus, productive keyboard on the BlackBerry. Please BBMo.... give us a productive (wider) KEY3! *hoping*
    BestBuy has the red KEY² available now. On sale too.
    Last edited by conite; 09-20-19 at 08:35 AM.
    09-19-19 11:00 AM
    BestBuy has the red KEY² available now. On sale too.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=LkeCcGX6
    That's good to hear. Unfortunately it's only for the US (and now looking, it's also sold out).
    09-20-19 08:34 AM
26 12